1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Golden Pure, Apr 20, 2011.

1. TheAwesomeOne

TheAwesomeOne Well-Known Member

Shiny Electrode looks like a Great Ball.
    Maybe a Master Ball Evo!!!
    That would be epic!
    Shiny version of Ultra Ball=Master Ball.
    You listening Game Freak?

2. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

^ Epic.
    Let's tell Game Freak all about this, and tell them we need more eeveelutions, and not ugly ones.

3. Larry

Larry Well-Known Member

I was quite surprised that there weren't new Eevelutions in 5th gen. I think they should eventually have every type of Eeveelution.

I was also surprised that there was no relation between Bouffalant and Tauros. They're both pretty beastly Pokemon.

4. No. 1 Machop Fan

No. 1 Machop Fan Well-Known Member

Actually, there is a forum especially for wifi trades, and the rules say you have to ask there. Newbs should not just read the rules, but also explore the forum a bit before posting. ;)

5. Nebbio

Nebbio NINJA!

Can anyone imagine a flying type Eeveeloution? That would be epic.

6. TheAwesomeOne

Ghost type Eveelution=Heliun, as in Helium.
    I know, cheesy.

7. PokemonOwn

PokemonOwn Well-Known Member

Never mind that, I though Alomomola and Luvdisc were related when I first saw them! Shame, cos' Luvdisc is awesome!

8. 2D Thom

2D Thom Im a tombsone

I would picture it as a small light blue and white fox with red eyes and big white wings.

9. TheAwesomeOne

Let's not get started about Pachirusu and Emolga:)!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  10. Nebbio

Nebbio NINJA!

I still don't get why people think Emogla and Pacharishu should be in the same evo chain.

Vanilluxe has a somewhat rubbish design. Vannilish is even worse.:583:

11. Zachmac

Zachmac Well-Known Member

I don't really like vanilluxe either, but I've still been thinking about using it...
    But boufalant is a Plains buffalo, Miltank and Tauros are cows.

12. No. 1 Machop Fan

No. 1 Machop Fan Well-Known Member

If they should be in the same chain then so should Plusle, Minun and Pikachu. Let's make them all evolve from Pichu. :/

13. TheAwesomeOne

^That would be going a bit too far.
    LOL.

14. Pseudo-Unlegendary

Pseudo-Unlegendary I be an Exotic One

Every type is just too much. Every special type besides Dragon is pretty solid. I don't think we need anymore eeveelutions.

15. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

As stated, it's fair because they're able to be caught. Just because they're stronger than your opponents Pokémon doesn't assure that you will beat them after all.

16. Metagross Guy

Metagross Guy ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.

A Dragon type eeveelution would be pretty dope.

17. cantab

cantab Well-Known Member

In terms of power, Reshiram and Zekrom are entirely on par with previous legendaries. Zekrom's Attack matches Groudon's and Rayquaza's, Reshiram's SpA is just shy of Mewtwo's and matches that of Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, and Palkia. Reshiram's STAB is resisted by only one Pokemon, Heatran.

A couple of interesting points. High-BST legendaries in general have only moderate speed. Mewtwo, Arceus, Lugia, and Palkia have base 130, 120, 110, and 100 respectively. Rayquaza and Kyurem sit at 95. The others all sit at 90, slower than a lot of the 600 and 580 BST legendaries, and a lot of other Pokemon. I suspect this is intentional by Game Freak, in order to somewhat balance out the extreme stats.

Also, there's a clear similarity between the 3rd and 5th gen cover legendaries. Groudon and Zekrom are physically based, with the same HP, Attack and Speed. Kyogre and Reshiram are specially based, with the same HP, SpA and Speed. Rayquaza and Kyurem are both balanced, with the same speed that's 5 faster than the others in their trios.

18. Emperor Empoleon

Emperor Empoleon Honor of Kalos

Kyogre is cool, but Mysterial's(PBR) was a pain in the nads for the longest time DX The only way for me to win was by using an allied Fake Out and finishing it with Pikachu's Volt Tackle.. The rest of the fight was actually pretty easy once Kyogre was out of the picture XD

I just wish Kyurem got a little more in terms of moves, but if they plan on giving him a "complete" form later on, I can see why they would make it weaker than it should be.

Maybe the God stone in Kyurem's Griseous Orb :S

19. Nebbio

Nebbio NINJA!

If we had a dragon type Eeveeloution people would complain it would be too weak. This would be because many would compare it to other dragons such as Salamence, Flygon, Hydredgion ect.

20. Profesco

Profesco gone gently

Kyurem's signature move - the current one - Glaciate, is oddly unremarkable. It's basically Icy Wind with a tiny bit more power and accuracy. Actually, it's exactly like Bulldoze and Low Sweep, just for the Ice typing. Compared to such things as Fusion Bolt/Flare, Spacial Rend and Roar of Time, Glaciate is a dud of a signature move.

It's also weird that, according to Bulbapedia's page, Kyurem has a BST twenty points lower than Reshiram and Zekrom, making it the only Pokemon (let alone only member of a box-cover Legendary group) with a BST of 660.

I agree that it'd be nice to see some kind of change in Kyurem come the third version of the Unova games. Poor thing just seems incomplete from all angles. =s