• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
People people people, here are MY names for the Eeveelutions

Dragon = Draceon
Steel = Metaleon
Flying = Levieon
Fighting = Combateon/Brawleon
Ground = Terrieon
Rock = Stoneon
Poison = Sludgeon
Bug = Insecteon
Ghost = Shadeon

...I got nothing for normal

Aegon

I kinda like Eeveeon, because that way it would feel like the true evolution of Eevee
Yes, me too. Eeveeon is a great name. I always wanted a Normal-type Eeveelution, to see how close to Eevee it would look. I was a bit disappointed we didn't get any new Eeveelutions this generation, but I suppose with the "fresh start" thing, there wasn't a chance.

I'd like to see a Flying- or Ghost-type Eeveelution. Levitate wouldn't work well as a prefix for "eon", as it'd sound too much like Leafeon. How about Aveon? I'd like to add an "i" in, but three vowels in a row looks wrong (Avieon?!).

thaBlob

< He no liek mudkipz

pokemon996

pokemon collector
omg i need help please i have searched every where and i cant find an answare to my question.... how many evs do you need to make an ed go up by one? and please dont give a really long formula! it all confuses me im new to ev training not pokemon. help asap pleases

Grey Wind

I'd like to see a Flying- or Ghost-type Eeveelution. Levitate wouldn't work well as a prefix for "eon", as it'd sound too much like Leafeon. How about Aveon? I'd like to add an "i" in, but three vowels in a row looks wrong (Avieon?!).
Aveon sounds brilliant.
I'd love at least rwo more Eeveelutions. Dragon is a must and Flying or Ghost for the 'pair'

Yes, me too. Eeveeon is a great name. I always wanted a Normal-type Eeveelution, to see how close to Eevee it would look. I was a bit disappointed we didn't get any new Eeveelutions this generation, but I suppose with the "fresh start" thing, there wasn't a chance..
I think dragon will be next, then all of the types that were considered "special" pre Gen IV will be eeveelutions

i think zorua is a really deceiving pokemon in a way that it is really cute but very mischeivous. however i think that upon evolving into zoroark it adapts the look of being evil rather than mischeivous

pokemon996

pokemon collector
will someone help to my earlier post please

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
^ I'm not sure if this is the right place to discuss miju @.@ there is one in the 5th gen discussion.

But to make it simple 4EV's equal +1 in one stat

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
If it were up to me, I'd do Poison and Steel in the next generation. Previously, there was a pattern of using the "special" types for eeveelutions, but now that the physical/special split occured, that is irrelevant. But the other thing the current eeveelution types have in common is that they all resist their own type. The only two missing would be Poison and Steel. Toxeon sounds really cool to me. And I like "Metalleon" (yeah, with, two L's) because it sounds like "metallic". And one L just looks weird, like it has too many vowels.

Generation after that, I'd add three: Rock, Flying, and Fighting. Why? Because there are only three possible "type triangles" other than the Grass/Fire/Water one, and Rock/Fighting/Flying is the only one of those three that does not repeat Fire, Grass, or Water. Seeing that, I thought the games for this gen (what would that be, 7th? Holy crap) could involve a part where you are given an Eevee (like in some previous games) and can choose one of three items that evolve Eevee: one for Flying, one for Rock, and one for Fighting. You rival at some point would show up with the Eeveelution that beats yours, in a similar style to choosing a starter. (Just to clarify, I don't mean that the Eeveelution would replace your starter. It's just be a fun little addition, like the trio of monkeys in Gen 5) I don't have any good-sounding name ideas for Flying, and I'm sure Geology majors can come up with good Rock Eeveelution names, considering how many types of rock there are on Earth. Brawleon sounds kinda cool for the Fighting one.

The next gen would have two more: Bug and Ground. Just because that would fill in the gaps except for the next gen's pair...

...Dragon and Ghost. The two types that are weak to each other. Seems like a nice way to wrap up the eeveelutions. As for names, I think everybody says Draceon for the Dragon-type one. I tried Spirit and Phantom for ghost, but they sound weird next to "-eon". Maybe Haunteon or Spookeon?

And that would (after nine generations O_O) make an eeveelution for every type. Except Normal, of course. I don't think there should be a Normal-type eeveelution, because then it would seem like one of the 17 was supposed to be better or canon or something. I'd probably also change the method of evolution to something consistant, like "trade Eevee with ___ Plate attached" or something. That way it seems the eeveelutions are all equal.

....Geez, that post turned out being a lot longer than I planned. Let's see how unpopular my ideas are!

Last edited:

Profesco

gone gently
....Geez, that post turned out being a lot longer than I planned. Let's see how unpopular my ideas are!

Best Eevee-related post in the entirety of GPD, simply because it was extensive and included discernible reasoning. I'm a bit nonplussed with this thread lately because for the last two pages everybody's been just coming in to spam postcount +1 with "______eon would be cool!" crud. ~_~

I designed a few Eeveelutions of my own, but it was a while ago and they were pretty immature efforts. I'm content with what Gamefreak has given us as of now, but I also wouldn't complain if they introduced a few new ones.

Though I wouldn't hesitate to throw a shoe at the head of whoever's idea it was to make Umbreon's DW Ability Inner Focus. :mad:

...Dragon and Ghost. The two types that are weak to each other. Seems like a nice way to wrap up the eeveelutions. As for names, I think everybody says Draceon for the Dragon-type one. I tried Spirit and Phantom for ghost, but they sound weird next to "-eon". Maybe Haunteon or Spookeon?
What about Shadeon?