• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I actually think the high-level evolutions in 5th gen are a good thing. It makes you appreciate the evolution more.
Its a little annoying when you first battle N and your pokemon isn't fully evolved.

abrar14

Statter Master
Ever heard pf grinding?

HydroSwampert

I don't know either. An explamation would be nice! :D

Anyways, to get a new discussion going, who here thinks that Crawdaunt can Battle competitively in OverUsed ? Or in any other Tier , I guess.

Well, I think that he can, and he has with me, and will again once I start using that Team , or make a new one with him on! :D WIth his Dream World Ability , Adaptability , is raises all of is STAB Moves by 0.5, so that helps him a lot with his already great Attack Stat , having a Base of 120 and a maximum of 372 ! A big problem with him, though, is his lower Speed . So, the key to using him good is a way to get him to be a faster Sweeper , since his Defenses aren't amazing, even though his Defense has a Base Stat of 85. He also has access to Dragon Dance , so that could really prove bad for your Opponent if used right! Tailwind will help him too!

Also, I might use him in-Game sometime soon! I think that he would be a great Team Member !

Enough of me talking about Crawdaunt , though. What do you think about him/her? :p :)

And sorry if this is a little bit too competitive, but I don't think that it is! :p :D :)

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
I don't know either. An explamation would be nice! :D

Anyways, to get a new discussion going, who here thinks that Crawdaunt can Battle competitively in OverUsed ? Or in any other Tier , I guess.

Well, I think that he can, and he has with me, and will again once I start using that Team , or make a new one with him on! :D WIth his Dream World Ability , Adaptability , is raises all of is STAB Moves by 0.5, so that helps him a lot with his already great Attack Stat , having a Base of 120 and a maximum of 372 ! A big problem with him, though, is his lower Speed . So, the key to using him good is a way to get him to be a faster Sweeper , since his Defenses aren't amazing, even though his Defense has a Base Stat of 85. He also has access to Dragon Dance , so that could really prove bad for your Opponent if used right! Tailwind will help him too!

Also, I might use him in-Game sometime soon! I think that he would be a great Team Member !

Enough of me talking about Crawdaunt , though. What do you think about him/her? :p :)

And sorry if this is a little bit too competitive, but I don't think that it is! :p :D :)
I think Crawdaunt has a really cool typing. It now has a really good Dream World ability letting it use both it's STAB moves with extra power. Dragon Dance only makes things better. Doesn't have the widest move pool but it's enough to get it through.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I think Crawdaunt has a really cool typing. It now has a really good Dream World ability letting it use both it's STAB moves with extra power. Dragon Dance only makes things better. Doesn't have the widest move pool but it's enough to get it through.

Crabhammer and Nightslash both have high critical hit ratios too. pair that with scope lens and look out.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Night Slash + Focus energy + Dire Hit + Super Luck + Scope Lens = infinite Crit?

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
I've tried that before. You really need Serene Grace to get an infinite crit ratio (especially because Dire Hit is limited to Wonder Launcher)

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Does any Serene Gracers know anything Critical-enchancing?

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
I was thinking more in the style of double-battling, but otherwise, I don't think so.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Oh well..
I usually don't rely on Critical hits, but I do run Focus Energy/Slash combo sometimes.

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
that'd be an interesting tactic. My brother used to use Scope lense Super Luck Night slash but it never worked when he needed it to. Can Togekiss learn any crit.moves? that'd work, because it can get Serene grace.

J-star

Dynamic Entry!
I have terrible luck with critical hits. I usually get them when the pokemon would have fainted without it or I'm trying to catch something.

that'd be an interesting tactic. My brother used to use Scope lense Super Luck Night slash but it never worked when he needed it to. Can Togekiss learn any crit.moves? that'd work, because it can get Serene grace.

I'm almost sure that Togekiss can learn Air Slash, with a high chance of crit.

And I know a technique that will always result a crit. Just use Frost Breath and get crit whenever you want

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I'm almost sure that Togekiss can learn Air Slash, with a high chance of crit.

Air Slash has flinch effect, not increased crit rate.

Does any Serene Gracers know anything Critical-enchancing?

I don't think increased crit rate is affected by Serene Grace.

Skegs

Speaking of Togekiss, I think it's a wonderful Pokemon. It reminds me of Blissey because of its caring nature and the shape of it.