• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

SuperEpicRock

Never liked weather teams, I usually go with semi-stall or balanced.

Eranu™

I usually run Rain with Volt-Turn. It's a cheap tactic I know but I like to play it. Rain also benefits Scizor and Rotom-w.

HydroSwampert

I see that Rain is the most common of who just Posted .

I'm not really surprised that no one has said Hail yet. I did want to make a Hail Team , but I haven't yet. Maybe I will soon! I should think about them first, though, instead of jumping right in and working on making a Hail Team .

Also, does anyone here that reads this still use OU Sandstorm Teams regularily since Excadrill got banned to Uber ?

[ACE] Zero

Just Sayin..

I'm not really surprised that no one has said Hail yet. I did want to make a Hail Team , but I haven't yet. Maybe I will soon! I should think about them first, though, instead of jumping right in and working on making a Hail Team .

Also, does anyone here that reads this still use OU Sandstorm Teams regularily since Excadrill got banned to Uber ?

I still use an Excadrill Sandstorm team, and as for Hail I do think there are many great Pkmn to make a decent team, the top 3 I can think of is Abomasnow, Glaceon, and Froslass

Eranu™

Sandstorm teams are still good since they boost sp def by 50%.
I use a sandstorm team with Sand Veil Gliscor. Truly a beast.

Hail and it's abusive pokemon are very weak to Stealth rocks. I guess that's why it's so unpopular.

It's my understanding that you can't use a higher tier Pokemon in a lower tier. Since BL is above UU, it's inadmissible.

An Eagle Goose

Mudkip Trainer
The Mudkip family has been my favorite pokemon since I got my copy of Ruby. Mudkip, is extremely cute, Swampert is a beastly pokemon, that has great attack and wonderful defense, even though it is very slow.

I've been labeled as a mudkip fanatic. And, I just agree with it. I mean, I have a huge picture folder of mudkip, marshtomp, and swampert pictures.

<3 mudkips

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
The Mudkip family has been my favorite pokemon since I got my copy of Ruby. Mudkip, is extremely cute, Swampert is a beastly pokemon, that has great attack and wonderful defense, even though it is very slow.

I've been labeled as a mudkip fanatic. And, I just agree with it. I mean, I have a huge picture folder of mudkip, marshtomp, and swampert pictures.

<3 mudkips

I like Mudkip, too. Back when I got Ruby, my starter was a Mudkip. That Mudkip and the level 100 Swampert in my Black Version are one and the same, so the whole line is kinda special to me.

randomspot555

BL is between UU and OU. So.... can't it be used in both?

BL is essentially a "ban list" for UU, NU, etc... These Pokemon have been deemed to overcentralize the UU metagame so they can't be used in UU. So even if their usage in OU/standard drops, they won't be allowed in UU.

HydroSwampert

Oh, ok. Well, maybe I'll make a BL Hail Team sometime soon! I'll see! Maybe I'll do some more reasearch on them later. I'd like to know a little bit more to the advantages and disadvantages to Hail before I start making a Hail Team .

Mudkip , Marshtomp , and Swampert are my favorite Evolutionary line! They're also my favorite three Pokemon right now! :D I have claimed Marshtomp here! :D

randomspot555

Oh, ok. Well, maybe I'll make a BL Hail Team sometime soon! I'll see! Maybe I'll do some more reasearch on them later. I'd like to know a little bit more to the advantages and disadvantages to Hail before I start making a Hail Team .

Hail is arguable the "worst" type of weather team, but still has some advantages and disadvantages.

Hail is a damaging type of weather with only one Pokemon typing that's immune to it, the Ice type (and a handful of Pokemon with certain abilities). This limits the non-Ice types you can have on your team, meaning anyone who doens't hold Leftovers is likely to have a short life span.

Abomasnow as the only perma-Hail summoner isn't exactly fragile, but has a lot of weaknesses. Since weather is EVERYWHERE in OU, you need to be careful and keep Abomasnow alive when you need to summon hail again.

The biggest advantage of Hail is the 100% accuracy of Blizzard. Unlike say, Water with Water type moves and Fire with Fire type moves, Hail doesn't boost the power of Ice type moves.