• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Oh, ok. Well, maybe I'll make a BL Hail Team sometime soon! I'll see! Maybe I'll do some more reasearch on them later. I'd like to know a little bit more to the advantages and disadvantages to Hail before I start making a Hail Team

A major disadvantage to Hail teams is that only Ice-types are naturally immune to Hail damage, meaning that a lot of your team is bound to share a common weakness or two. This is not always the case, however. Walrein and Froslass are both Ice-types, and yet their other types keep them from having any common weaknesses.

Stuff with Magic Guard or Overcoat is good for Hail teams, as they don't take Hail damage regardless of type. Alakazam, Sigilyph, Reuniclus, Mandibuzz, they're good for Hail teams.

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.
I've seen people with hail and leftovers who just keep using substitute until the opponents Pokémon faints. I don't like that strategy but it can be useful.

I also just noticed that Alomomola can be spelt backwards XD I'm slow at figuring things out...

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
probably walrein. he works good at stalling because of ice body in the hail which recovers HP and leftovers accompanied by protect and substitute. Then it has 100% accurate Blizzard which does a lot of damage. It can also use super fang or toxic to annoy your opponent even further.

Profesco

gone gently
Walrein and Froslass are both Ice-types, and yet their other types keep them from having any common weaknesses.

They share a weakness to Rock type attacks, which are a common offensive move type.

An Eagle Goose

Mudkip Trainer
I like Mudkip, too. Back when I got Ruby, my starter was a Mudkip. That Mudkip and the level 100 Swampert in my Black Version are one and the same, so the whole line is kinda special to me.

My original swampert is on my pearl, which my friend recently found at his hosue after being lost for a few years.

And he's giving it back to me tomorrow :D

probably walrein. he works good at stalling because of ice body in the hail which recovers HP and leftovers accompanied by protect and substitute. Then it has 100% accurate Blizzard which does a lot of damage. It can also use super fang or toxic to annoy your opponent even further.

If I remember correctly most Walrein don't carry Blizzard, instead running Substitute/Protect/Super Fang/Brine or something similar.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
That would probably work even better since brine doubles in damage when your opponent is at 50% HP. Speaking of Hail teams, Heatran is always a good team member since he has many resistances and has a fire resist which is something that helps a lot when you have ice pokemon on your team.

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
I just caught a Shiny quirky (neutral nature) Sheer force rufflet. Any ideas on what to do with it? train or trade?

IVS are roughly HP=0-2 att=16-18 def=30 spa=26-28 spd=16-18 speed=17-19

Last edited:

Nyter

Island Challenger
So I wanted to ask, you know how there is a Chinese Zodiac based of animals.
Well in the Pokemon world, Whta Pokemon would make the... uh... Pokemonese Zodiac?

I mean there are a couple of Pokemon that fit the equivalent.

Like Lillipup. Would that make the best Equ. (equivalent) to the Dog?
Or Growlithe? Or Arcanine?

What about the Equ. to the Dragon? Rabbit? Tiger?

I think Buneary makes the best Rabbit Equ.
And Rayquaza makes the best Dragon Equ.
But I have no clue to Tiger, or Pig...

Any ideas!?

An Eagle Goose

Mudkip Trainer
So I wanted to ask, you know how there is a Chinese Zodiac based of animals.
Well in the Pokemon world, Whta Pokemon would make the... uh... Pokemonese Zodiac?

I mean there are a couple of Pokemon that fit the equivalent.

Like Lillipup. Would that make the best Equ. (equivalent) to the Dog?
Or Growlithe? Or Arcanine?

What about the Equ. to the Dragon? Rabbit? Tiger?

I think Buneary makes the best Rabbit Equ.
And Rayquaza makes the best Dragon Equ.
But I have no clue to Tiger, or Pig...

Any ideas!?

I know what I'm doing tomorrow, thanks!

nice idea

rat-Raichu
ox-Tauros
tiger-Raikou
rabbit-Buneary
dragon-Rayquaza
snake-Arbok
horse-Rapidash
goat-Whimsicott
monkey-Infernape
rooster-Blaziken
dog-Mightyena
pig-Grumpig

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
I just caught a Shiny quirky (neutral nature) Sheer force rufflet. Any ideas on what to do with it? train or trade?

IVS are roughly HP=0-2 att=16-18 def=30 spa=26-28 spd=16-18 speed=17-19

IVs aren't great, nature could be worse. It really boils down to how you feel about Shiny Pokémon. If you're not into keeping your Shiny Pokémon as, more or less, trophies, then you might consider trading it. I, for one, EV train every Shiny I come across, no matter how screwed over it is due to nature and/or EVs. I have a Shiny Weavile with a Quiet nature and a Shiny Hitmontop with a Calm nature. It's all up to you.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Whimiscott is based of a goat.

Porygon is based off a crane I believe.

What do you guys think Deoxsys is based off of?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Last edited: