• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Fighting types have seemed to rise in popularity.
I really like Dragon Dance Scrafty and CalmMind Gallade as a team.
Each of their selective movesets can cover for each other

Enjyu

Made In China.

Calm mind GALLADE? Or gardevoir? Cm gallade wouldn't make much sense...

You forgot the infamous conkeldurr in your list...

Ok I don't know if this should go in this thread or not, but here it is. Can someone tell me a Pokemon that could ohko politoed 100% of the time without setting up? The politoed has a bold nature with max defense and hp. 4 evs are in special defense.

Last edited:

Zachmac

wouldn't anything with Thunder and STAB pretty much OHKO politoed?
Pichu probably wouldn't.

I'll bet that weaker attackers would fail to KO the defensive sets.

Edit: Timid Rotom-W's thunder fails to OHKO. However, a timid, choice specs Rotom-W can OHKO with thunderbolt.

Last edited:

Zachmac

Yep, agree with this advice. This sounds to me like something that should be advertised on the back cover of a comic book. If you're not getting a good feeling about the boss, it's time to leave.
Um....what are you talking about?

Or are you a bot?

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I like Chandelure alot, but don't understand why it can't learn Hypnosis.

Black Entry: It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance.

I mean, what?!

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury

yup yup.

I never thought Breloom got enough credit.

Three cheers for Breloom?

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
Competitively, Breloom is my worst enemy.

It is also one of the few pokemon to learn spore, which in my opinion, is one of the most broken moves in the game.

What do you mean by broken?

TheEliteEmpoleon

I like Chandelure alot, but don't understand why it can't learn Hypnosis.

Black Entry: It absorbs a spirit, which it then burns. By waving the flames on its arms, it puts its foes into a hypnotic trance.

I mean, what?!

Bacause it waves gently back and forth and back and for t h a n d b a c k...............

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Bacause it waves gently back and forth and back and for t h a n d b a c k...............

Just the fact that it can't learn Hypnosis in any way is quite flawful. Hopefully, GameFreak fixes that in future gens.

Ever tried Bulk Up Breloom with Dragon Dance Scrafty? It's actually Gliscor's archenemy with the dangerous Spore and Scrafty's Ice Punch.

If you want to get rid of Breloom, Poison Heal Gliscor would be the way to go in Singles. Lack of ability of sleep from Poison after a failed Spore attack gives it an Ice Fang advantage to Gliscor. Maybe a Guts Fighter with Aerial Ace or any other Fying move would be a good team-up for Gliscor when fighting Breloom.

Another team-up that would be unlikely for this discussion is a Defensive Poison Heal double of Substitute Gliscor and SubPunch Breloom.
This defensive position can utilize Gliscor's Ice Fang against a dangerous or STAB Flying move against Breloom where as a Breloom's Focus Punch after a Substitute can protect a risky or STAB Ice move against Gliscor.

if you think is bad that Chandelure don't learn Hypnosis eventhough the "always right" dex-info says so... then what about Cofagrigus learning Dream Eater and none sleep inducing move -nice work game freak-