• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Drasuko

I have a question for everyone: Do you care about natures?

SuperEpicRock

In-game, not in the least. The game is already easy enough without making all your pokes battling machines. I've had several horribly natured pokes do quite well in the game. (modest physical sweepers, naughty walls, etc.)
Competitive is a whole other story, though. If you don't use good natures, you're screwed.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

Why shouldn'twe care? Natures are what gives the Pokemon either the upper hand in offense, or the better protection in defense. The nature of a Pokemon is key to battle, in other words.
If you're having problems with natures, characteristics, and other Pokemon tech specs, you should post in the Pokemon Questions thread.

In game I only care about natures for pokemon that will always be in my party (the ones that I like), other than that prefer neutral natures for my other teammates. If its not a pokemon that will be in my party then I don't care about the nature at all. As for IVs..so far I've only been EV training for the battle frontier, but if a pokemon happens to have really good IVs (like a fast pokemon with 30 speed IVs or a special attacker with 31 IVs in special attack) then I can't resist EV training it.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
In-game, I don't normally care about a pokémon's nature unless it's neutral (which is then released and replaced with a member of the same species with a non neutral nature).

No, they weren't i the old games, so they shouldn't be in the new games.

So you want each pokémon to be exactly the same as members of the same species?

Ruchisman

Scyther-Master
Hey guys feel free to post about these pokemons!

and give a reason too why you love them.

Chimchar
Monferno
Infernape
Scyther
Scizor
Nincada
Ninjask
Shedinja

Ruchisman

Scyther-Master

Hey guys i just thought of bringing in a new pokemon that is shuppet
He is awesome against fighting types

for instance say your fighting

Hitmonlee

lv 60

Drain punch
Scary Face
Seismic Toss
Close Combat

here he is no match for a lv 1 shuppet knowing curse

just get a shuppet to learn curse and breed for a lv 1 of it

then get into battle with the fighting type and just use curse
he wont be able to hit you because GHOST is immume to NORMAL GROUND AND FIGHTING TYPES
then just wait for the curse to kill him! and there you have LOADS of xp for your Baby shuppet

Gelatino95

Not a tool

Hitmonlee

lv 60

Drain punch
Scary Face
Seismic Toss
Close Combat

he wont be able to hit you because GHOST is immume to NORMAL GROUND AND FIGHTING TYPES
then just wait for the curse to kill him! and there you have LOADS of xp for your Baby shuppet

There are lots of things wrong with this post

1. Pokemon don't die in battle. They faint from exhaustion. I absolutely loathe it when people get that wrong.
2. Ghost is only immune to normal and fighting, not ground. Many ghosts levitate so that's probably why you were confused.
3. Curse is a really bad move on ghost types. It should probably just never be used.
4. Nobody in their right mind would use those moves on a Hitmonlee

Also, Shuppet and Banette are some of my favorite ghost types, but they're really slow which hinders their viability.

Ruchisman

Scyther-Master
I agree that i had made some mistakes while making that post.the things you say in 1 and 2 are correct.
But in 3 and 4 where you say..

3. Curse is a really bad move on ghost types. It should probably just never be used.

They are your personal opinions not everybody's.
And the hitmonlee was just an example

Celtic Origins

I agree that i had made some mistakes while making that post.the things you say in 1 and 2 are correct.
But in 3 and 4 where you say..

They are your personal opinions not everybody's.
And the hitmonlee was just an example

Actually he's right curse on a ghost Pókemon is awful while that Hitmonlee offers no coverage what so ever making it useless.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Actually he's right curse on a ghost Pókemon is awful while that Hitmonlee offers no coverage what so ever making it useless.

Even if Hitmonlee had those moves, it would be better to just attack it rather than using Curse since you're not going to be taking any damage anyway.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

Hitmonlee

lv 60

Drain punch
Scary Face
Seismic Toss
Close Combat

Why would Hitmonle-? Dude, Just find some Audino and give your Shuppet a Lucky Egg and Psychic and it'll get some good hits on Audino whilst not taking any damage itself.
Hitmonlee can have Blaze Kick you know. Take out Curse.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers

randomspot555

How is OU Cradily? Is it worth my time building from 4th gen for a BW team?

Do you require a Gen 4 exclusive TM or move tutor? Yes

If you require a Gen 5 exclusive egg move or the Hidden Ability, it would be detrimental to breed in Gen 4.

If neither of the above matters, then it really doesn't matter.