• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

rocky505

Jigglychu I agree with you on lucario actually being the opposite. I always saw it that way since Zoroark was revealed.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I would say the first one but you might not want to be picking half your team so early.

Let him choose his team early if he wants to, he can always adjust his team slightly when more info comes out.

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
Agreed....

John Wallrein

I am the walrein
These are actually goood points. I never noticed any of that. It does make sense I guess based on your points.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Hmm.. But what about there pre-evoulutions? Meinfoo and Zorua are nothing like each other... And Zoroark has bigger feet than Meinshao.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I kinda saw Mienfoo, Pawniard, and Elgeyem as part of a trinity, they all evolve late, have similar body styles, and kinda have a type triangle, really noticeable when you fight that triple battle in Opelucid with them.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I kinda saw Mienfoo, Pawniard, and Elgeyem as part of a trinity, they all evolve late, have similar body styles, and kinda have a type triangle, really noticeable when you fight that triple battle in Opelucid with them.
Come to think of it... They do complement each other don't they? Just like the starters! :p

Thank you for starting this Mienshao thread.

Anyways I just up to now have noticed how comparative Mienshao's and Zoroark's defenses are. Same thing for their massive attack stats. Although Mienshao has just a bit more speed than Zoroark. However their per-evolutions have nothing in common.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Before reading: meh just another poll thread between 2 random pkmn

After reading: Mind = Blown

:eek:

Sadu-Hem

Ragnarok Bringer
I just noticed that Gyarados and Nidoking make for a great in-game offensive core.

Gyarados resists Water and is immune to Ground (two of Nidoking's biggest weaknesses) and Nidoking is immune to Gyarados' gaping Electric weakness and resists Gyara's Rock weakness.

In short: GyaraKing rules.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Has anyone noticed how similar the Budew line and the Togepi line is?

-both lines have the red-blue thing

-Budew and Togepi are both babies,evolve by happiness

-Budew and Togepi have similar body types

-Togetic and Roselia both have 3 spikes on their heads

-they are both slightly fairy-like

they both evolve with the Shiny stone

-Togekiss and Roselia,again have the right-red,left-blue,center-white thing wich may be a reference to the right[mascule],left[feminine] and central channels being in perfect ballance[you know...yoga stuff] thus,being in contact with you higher self,finding inner peace and joy.I like how this theme has been played out with them...they both started as small,weak babies and both became sort of...hmm...enlightened and in harmony with nature.It's awesome how,at first,some designs might seem simple,uninspired,but in fact are very well researched and quite fascinating.Pokemon may be for kids,but the ideas behind some of them are quite complex and brilliant.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I just noticed that Gyarados and Nidoking make for a great in-game offensive core.

Gyarados resists Water and is immune to Ground (two of Nidoking's biggest weaknesses) and Nidoking is immune to Gyarados' gaping Electric weakness and resists Gyara's Rock weakness.

In short: GyaraKing rules.

Good idea. Maybe I'll try that for an offensive lead or perhaps revenge.

An Original Theory?

So, I recently came up with a theory, which is probably wrong, but seems like it could be true.

So, we know that originally, clefairy rather than pikachu was planned to be the mascot for the Pokemon Anime, and it would probably have became the mascot for the series like pikachu as a result. It is also the general consensus (as far as I can tell), that pokemon such as marill, plusle/minun, pachurisu and emolga have intended similarities to Pikachu, for whatever reason, maybe to feed off his popularity.

That got me wondering, if clefairy had been the mascot for the anime, would we have seen a load of clefairy look alikes instead? And then I thought, what if we do have a clefairy look alike. Togepi.

The Evidence

I'm pretty sure that the second generation was in development during the planning stages of the Pokemon Anime, because Ho-oh (albeit a early design) plays a role in the first episode. It also seems like clefairy was the intended mascot during the early planning of Gen 2 because clefairy received a prevolution, cleffa, much like pikachu did with pichu.

Togepi being an intended look alike of clefairy (which at this point the developers may well have been considering the mascot) would also explain the large role it was given in both the games and the anime.

If we look at similarities between clefairy and togepi, there are quite a few:
  • Both are normal types.
  • Both had two stages in the game they were introduced.
  • Both of their evolutions have wings.
  • Both of them are well known for using the move metronome.
  • Clefairy has rosy cheeks and lines around it's eyes, and in its original sprites, togepi has lines next to its eyes which could be seen as either rosy cheeks or eye lines like clefairy's. In its most recent sugimori art, togepi has the eye lines.
  • They both have the same pose in their pokemon gold sprites, which also shows us they have almost identical feet.

035.gif

175.gif

As a final note, I know that togepi and clefairy do not share as many similarities as, say, pikachu and pachurisu, but remember that the pikachu look alike in this generation was marill, which I beleive has no more similarities to pikachu than togepi does to clefairy.

So, I hope you enjoyed reading this and that it was comprehensible. What do you think? Could this be the origin of togepi?

gamer_legend

That is a creative theory and possible but I think and this is just me that the Togepi evolution line was designed as a counterpart to Zubat's who at the time evolved into their last forms via a certain level of happiness and Crobat was used by the players rival.

In it's introduction Clifairy gained a perfect counterpart in the form of Jigglypuff who share a massive amount of similarities in their evolutionary lines.

Sadu-Hem

Ragnarok Bringer
Insane theory that I made up for fun

I just had the weirdest idea now.

What if throughout B/W, you and N were being controlled by Reshiram/Zekrom the entire time, a la Saren and the Reapers of Mass Effect?

Loreni333

Taking Over Serebii
Well, not only does that seem, uh, grimdark, but even if it was true, why would they WANT to be captured? My best 1-second counter.

Also, anyone know where I can find somebody to play little-cup on pokemon online?