• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

PurpleTitan

King of Unova
Lucario is just amazing. Awesome attack stats, great movepool, and one of the first fourth gen Pokemon to be revealed. And for some reason I like it's Aura skills, possibly because it's a little like The Force from Star Wars. I sometimes call him Lucario Skywalker....

Icarus©

Full on PASBLer
But not as awesome as say, a flying Blastoise. I picture one as basically Green's ( I read the american version of the manga) Blastoise, except more awesome.

How exactly would it be more awesome?
Everlasting water pumping out of its... pump?

Mr.Ducky209

Hellaphants
So we got any good April Fools stuff yet?
The Halo 4 server isn't letting me use Forge Island.
Anyway, i caught a calm Latios in Emerald and i have no idea what to do with it. Decent IVs too, 27-28 in Speed and Sp. Attack with flawless HP. Can somebody help me with it please?

Last edited:

*=Pichu=*

I love the Internet!

tyranitarenthusiast

should Groudon be a Ground/Steel type? He represents the earth an ground and the center of the earth is pure iron so?????

Charze

Always flyin'
should Groudon be a Ground/Steel type? He represents the earth an ground and the center of the earth is pure iron so?????

I really don't think Steel suits him that much. Ground just seems better, more representing of mountains and land, not Metal, or steel (more of a human invention). But that sure would be interesting.

Mr.Ducky209

Hellaphants
Groudon is described as the expander of the land, not the creator of earth. And I believe that his single typing is so that he somewhat has neutrality
with Kyogre; he technically has three weaknesses: Fire (because of the sunlight), Ice, and Grass. Sunlight neutralizes the water weakness. Steel would give him a tank-load of weaknesses if it was a part of his typing.

Charze

Always flyin'
How would you use Ash's team competitively? You're wasting time trying to calculate EV's and IV's specifically from the anime.

I don't see why you'd bother doing that. It'd make much more sense just to build a team around the Pokemon themselves rather than the exact EV's and IV's.

Groudon is described as the expander of the land, not the creator of earth. And I believe that his single typing is so that he somewhat has neutrality
with Kyogre; he technically has three weaknesses: Fire (because of the sunlight), Ice, and Grass. Sunlight neutralizes the water weakness. Steel would give him a tank-load of weaknesses if it was a part of his typing.

Well at the same time if he was steel, he would have a lot more resistances too, and it would limit the power of those original weaknesses (except for Fire)

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I hope Groudon gets some new moves this upcoming gen. It's beast, but it need some more moves. Same with Kyogre and Rayquaza.

petrelicious

Miserable Fart
I never understood why Groudon had the ability drought. I mean - it's a ground type, not a fire type!
I mean I get the whole creation thing but... bad type matchup is bad. (although it weakens water type moves and it can learn a lot of fire moves) ((but where is the stab omg))

EXEDarkmegaman

I think the reason why Groudon has the ability drought it's because of Groudon's volcanic environment but I agree with the bad matchup they did, they could have done Groudon Ground/Fire and that would make a lot more senses with it's drought ability and it's unusual way of knowing a lot of fire type moves

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
I think the reason why Groudon has the ability drought it's because of Groudon's volcanic environment but I agree with the bad matchup they did, they could have done Groudon Ground/Fire and that would make a lot more senses with it's drought ability and it's unusual way of knowing a lot of fire type moves

maybe they didn't want Kyogre to be 4x super effective against Groudon

EXEDarkmegaman

Oh yeah I forgot about that little detail, internet don't kill me for not bringing all the details x( but even that it would make a little more senses if Groudon was a Fire/Ground type but from what you said, it makes senses but it's unfair either way since Kyogre is still 2x super effective against Groudon :p

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Oh yeah I forgot about that little detail, internet don't kill me for not bringing all the details x( but even that it would make a little more senses if Groudon was a Fire/Ground type but from what you said, it makes senses but it's unfair either way since Kyogre is still 2x super effective against Groudon :p

well, maybe 2x super effective was the compromise: it fits what the 2 pokemon represent without making one of them completely weak against the other