1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Golden Pure, Apr 20, 2011.

1. I find it funny that the pokemon are opposites they are hard to evolve at an early stage and transform into some of th strongest pokemon ever

2. Retro-Chaos X

Retro-Chaos X Psychic Aficionado

I agree with Grumpy Drizzle - I guess you can say that Feebas is the Magikarp of Pokemon Contests, but is more useful in battles.

3. TrottingMinccino

TrottingMinccino Victory Star!

but if you bother to train either of them, they become something awsome

4. Mainly because Magikarp is far more common than Feebas. You could only find Feebas in two locations before Gen 5, Route 119 in Hoenn, and Mt. Coronet in DPPt. Magikarp was, literally, everywhere.

5. PheonixDeath1

PheonixDeath1 New Member

Feebas was hard to find before so when you finally got it into a milotic you felt happy.
    Meanwhile Magikarp kept making annoying sounds and dying in battles

6. Serebii!

Serebii! Well-Known Member

Feebas is uglier but can learn TM's and as Magikarp can't, Feebas is seen as the worst

7. Mew The Gato

Mew The Gato ___________

They both are special in their own way and both of them signify the reward for having patience. Both of them require patience to evolve - Magikarp is hectic to level up because it cannot fend for itself, while Feebas has to maximize its beauty.

They do have similarly low stats, but Feebas is much more rare, while Magikarp is common. (Inverted in Unova, if you do not count the salesman who gives you the Magikarp, as you have to complete your Unova Pokedex to catch one otherwise in B2W2, while it is impossible in BW.) Feebas can learn TMs, which is an advantage over Magikarp, which kind of makes up for its ugly appearance. Upon evolution, though, Gyarados has a better movepool than Milotic when it comes to variety, but cannot use all of them well.

8. ☭Azimuth_055☣

☭Azimuth_055☣ Thou enraged?

What this post has said.

9. water_master64

water_master64 New Member

Who here likes water types?! Aren't they amazing! Btw, I'm new to Serebii Forums :)

10. Touché Amoré

Touché Amoré WAKABA-KU

Lol I like them

11. Steampunk

Steampunk One Truth Prevails

what kind of question is that? XD
    Yeah, i love water types, my 3 favorite types are dark, grass and water.
    Umbreon, Leafeon and Vaporeon Ftw...

12. Zero Nexus

Zero Nexus Stand up, go for it

BAHMDmYCQAAAuBD.jpg

Says it all, really.

EDIT: F*ck. how do I display this pic on the post without having it as a link?

13. varanus_komodoensis

varanus_komodoensis they call me Varanus

That is both hilarious and true :p

14. AceOfSpadez

AceOfSpadez I Am The Law

So on the Feebas/Magikarp subject, who do you like better?
    Milotic or Gyarados?

In my opinion, Gyarados is better. Reminds me of the good old days where you didn't have to be a Dragon type to be a dragon.

15. Zero Nexus

Zero Nexus Stand up, go for it

Can someone help me with that?

16. Dragalge

Dragalge Lucy Eiscue

You can't post the [​IMG]

17. Bariokie

Bariokie rock dog

Try the Insert Image button.
    It has a picture of a tree.
    Click there and put the image Url ^_^

But please don't post it again here.
    Or wlse you'll get an infraction for double posting!
    Sorry for moding...--'

18. flamebeam

flamebeam DAYN-JUH ZONE!

that's not double posting.
    and nutter told me that images don't work in this thread
    and one day, those little kids will grow out of CoD and play a real man's game: Pokémon

19. water_master64

water_master64 New Member

For me, its hard to choose. Both are really awesome. But I would have to pick Gyarados because he is nostalgic. :)

20. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Well-Known Member

I do like both Gyarados and Milotic a lot, but I'm gonna have to say I like Milotic a tad more, just because it is a little rarer, and I think it's more interesting.

And water_master64, after searching in the clubs section of the forums, I found this:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?603381-The-Water-Type-Club

Its the forum's club for people who like water types as much as you seem to do. Check it out if you want.