• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Glitch314

A bit off-track: When and why did nintendo decide to bring back mewtwo? I'm not complaining (Mewtwo is one of my favorites), but why? Why the sudden interest, why him, and why did they go so far as to give him a new "Awakened form"? They've never straight-up revitalized an old pokemon before, and plenty of other pokemon are just as popular. Can someone please answer?
(This isn't a question about the pokemon mewtwo, just how Mewtwo's been brought back into the limelight.)

Mew The Gato

A bit off-track: When and why did nintendo decide to bring back mewtwo? I'm not complaining (Mewtwo is one of my favorites), but why? Why the sudden interest, why him, and why did they go so far as to give him a new "Awakened form"? They've never straight-up revitalized an old pokemon before, and plenty of other pokemon are just as popular. Can someone please answer?
(This isn't a question about the pokemon mewtwo, just how Mewtwo's been brought back into the limelight.)

Well, one thing, as you said is, that it is extremely popular. Probably only Charizard, among very few others, like Rayquayza can match it in terms of popularity. However, there is another fact - Genesect was created by altering an ancient Pokemon, affecting its genes. Mewtwo was created by cloning and is also the Genetic Pokemon. They have much in common, making Mewtwi the most obvious choice for starring in this movie.

Mr.Ducky209

Hellaphants
Awakened mewtwo looks so sick, I AM DYING to know his ability! I hope it is an ability that allows Mewtwo to strike before a foe who is about to use a priority move. But that would really suck for Rayquaza and Lucario because they are the best ExtremeSpeed abusers. But it would amazing!

Mew The Gato

Awakened mewtwo looks so sick, I AM DYING to know his ability! I hope it is an ability that allows Mewtwo to strike before a foe who is about to use a priority move. But that would really suck for Rayquaza and Lucario because they are the best ExtremeSpeed abusers. But it would amazing!

I think that Mewtwo's Speed and Attack would increase, seeing the prologue of the movie. Mewtwo became much faster there and also knocked a Tyranitar out with a Physical Move.

Oh, and do not forget Extreme Killer Arceus for Extremespeed users!

Alexl

I haven't played pokemon in a while, have they made moves hit depending on body weight yet? e.g body slame hits higher depending on users weight

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I haven't played pokemon in a while, have they made moves hit depending on body weight yet? e.g body slame hits higher depending on users weight

Yes, there are several moves whose power depend on body weight. These moves are Heavy Slam, Heat Crash, Grass Knot, and Low Kick. You can read about the weight mechanics and how these moves' power is calculated here.

RTLfan

Why do you think they made the Sandile line part dark type?

I wonder what was the reasoning behind it. Why didn't they make it a pure ground type like Phanpy and Hippopotas? And if was because they simply wanted to make something different then why did they choose DARK type in particular?

*~Silver*~

Well, Dark and Dragon types were treated very well in the fifth generation, though I really don't know why. I guess they were just types that GameFreak thought they'd like to see some improvement in so they made creative type combos like Krookodile and Kyurem.

That's the only real theory I've got for it.

DjangoCribbs

I wonder what was the reasoning behind it. Why didn't they make it a pure ground type like Phanpy and Hippopotas? And if was because they simply wanted to make something different then why did they choose DARK type in particular?

Your question is bizarre. They did because they did. Why is Lucario part Steel? 'Cos they designed him that way. I think you're looking too deep into it.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
It hides in sand and then unexpectedly attacks you.

Do we really need such a thread. Maybe broaden the topic by making it "Questionable Typings" next time.

Scrufox86

I think it is actually really good considering the typing hadn't been used before. Gen V added a lot of unused dual types which I personally was glad they did. Also another bonus was no overload of pure water types. For it being dark type... I don't know the logical reason. The same can be applied to why Eelektross and family are pure electric and not dual electric/water or why stunfisk is electric/ground instead of one of those and water type. Krookodile is so good that I had to use it in both my black and white versions. The only bad thing about it being part dark type is that for my team to be balanced I had to leave out some other good pokemon which as it turns out were mostly dark types in gen V.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Krookodile...Crook? The name says it all.

Alligators and Crocodiles are creatures that are represented as bad because they like to omnomnom stuff, including human legs. They attack unexpectedly, which is how the dark type could be given to Sandile.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
The number of thread that could exist for that type of question. This is ridiculous. If Game Freak put Sandile as a Dark type, let it be. There's no answer to that, Sandile could have been a pure Ground type but they decided to put it Dark.

telivisionhead

true. And I actually like it being half dark type. With the dark stripes on sandile it makes sense of being a dark type and being a crocodile it also makes sense for thge dark type.
Crocodiles and alligaters are apparently "evil" and they eat meat so they are sorta dark/evil. Look at Krookodile, Change the K to a C and it says Crook. Krookodile name is made out of Crook, a robber who is evil and then crocodile which is an animal that lives in swamps and eats meat.

NotSoSkilled

Breeding via human sacrifice?

Alright, so I'm confused by Yamask and Cofagrigus's pokedex enteries.

Yamask was once a human, and it carries the mask of its previous human life. It then evolves into Cofagrigus. Cofagrigus eats nearby humans and turns their bodies into mummies.

So that evolution line literaly breeds by killing a human and turning them into a Yamask, then waiting for them to grow into Cofagrigus to eat another human and restart the process.

Since all Yamasks have masks with the faces of dead humans, that means that in some way there must be a dead human involved in its birth.

Why/how is it that I can breed with another pokemon instead of just letting Cofagrigus eat the daycare lady?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

TanBun

I'm back :3

Because of the sunglasses and the coloring i think. And it is the Intimidation pokémon+ crocodiles are mean sometimes