• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

TheGiftedFlareon

Tactician's Gambit
Hey! I will start off by saying, I LOVE FLAREON!!!

And now I wait for comments on my comment... :)

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
Eevee itself is not special, it's what it can do. A Pokemon that can evolve into 8 different Pokemon! Also, look at how it is being used in the Sixth Generation, Sylveon is a perfect way to show off the new Fairy type!

I also think the Second Generation should have have a Dark and Steel Eeveelution, rather than Dark and Psychic to show off the new Dark and Steel types, but I can't really complain since I love Espeon!

I can understand its evolution theme being cool if it we were still playing gold and silver but now its just kinda expected to have new types every gen.

garretslarrity

Unova Champion
I can understand its evolution theme being cool if it we were still playing gold and silver but now its just kinda expected to have new types every gen.

Expected? We didn't have new Eeveelutions in Gen's 3 & 5. I don't think people expect new ones in every generation.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
How is that related to this at all?

....umm, it's an existing thread where you discuss about any Pokemon you want, including Eeveelutions? Yeah, I think that's what it is :)

Merging into Pokemon Discussion thread.

Scolipedeluv

Squad member Ricchan
I love Haxorus its got an amazing base 147 Attack and my favourite thing to do with it is use Swords dance 3 times while its holding a persim berry and then use Outrage. *insert evil laughter*

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
I love Haxorus its got an amazing base 147 Attack and my favourite thing to do with it is use Swords dance 3 times while its holding a persim berry and then use Outrage. *insert evil laughter*

This would work in-game, but there's no way your Haxorus would survive through 3 Swords Dances in a Wifi competition! It really only needs one anyway, since its Attack stat is already through the roof.

Interesting. I use a Garchomp with Swords Dance instead because of his bulkiness and speed. I also have a Scizor with Swords Dance since its Steel type is obviously resistant to quite a few other types, so I get lucky more often than not in the Subway in B/W 2. :p

Icychalk

There are only two Eevee evolutions that I like which are Vaporeon and Sylveon. My feelings about cute and cuddly animals have always been neutral. (Dogs, Cats, etc.) Vaporeon is a strange Eeveelution mostly due to the way it looks compared to the others. IMO it looks awesome. I also like the fact that it uses camouflage when it is in water. I mainly like Sylveon because of the way it looks. Seriously, what's with the ribbons made of flesh? That's just weird but I like it at the same time.

ToeyJoey

The Count
Are you sure your opinion won't change when you actually get to use the Pokemon?

LatiasMaster13

Latias Master
So as you can see my favorite Pokemon is Latias ;p I know it's not really the strongest legendary out there but ever since the movie Heroes came out i've been in love with it ! I've defeated the Elite 4 in Emerald, mostly using my Latias and won many Wi-fi battles. Do any of you guys know what moves are the best for Latias ? From the top of your head ? What moves would make Latias a strong opponent ?

Enjolras

Master of the House
So as you can see my favorite Pokemon is Latias ;p I know it's not really the strongest legendary out there but ever since the movie Heroes came out i've been in love with it ! I've defeated the Elite 4 in Emerald, mostly using my Latias and won many Wi-fi battles. Do any of you guys know what moves are the best for Latias ? From the top of your head ? What moves would make Latias a strong opponent ?

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/latias
Here's a list of popular Latias sets you can use for competitive battling.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Houndoom or Camerupt ?

What about them? Which one's better competitively? Which one do you prefer aesthetically?

Personally, I really like the look and typing of Houndoom. I'd never use him competitively, but I'd definitely use him in-game, as he's one of my favorite Pokemon. Camerupt just has too many weaknesses for me, and he's not as nicely designed as Houndoom.

Craig T

Banned
Well, I like them both, but I would have to choose Houndoom.

Houndoom has better stats and is thus better in battle, overall, in my opinion.

Furthermore, Dark is my favourite Type, so I would naturally prefer Houndoom over Camerupt.
I remember using a Houndoom in my Gold Version for the Elite Four. I loved that Pokemon, and I think it's level 100 now :)