• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Hello guys,

Have any of u heard of PikaBelleChu?
She took collecting to a whole new level. She's obsessed with Pikachu figures , she even owns a car painted yellow and like the Pikachu. insane huh?! :D
here she gives an interview for a collector site called Collectorism.com and its a relatively new post so you can find it ( i didnt want to link it in order not to spam the thread)

What do you think?
Quiet Weird,but it is ok.

Torracat

Hello guys,

Have any of u heard of PikaBelleChu?
She took collecting to a whole new level. She's obsessed with Pikachu figures , she even owns a car painted yellow and like the Pikachu. insane huh?! :D
here she gives an interview for a collector site called Collectorism.com and its a relatively new post so you can find it ( i didnt want to link it in order not to spam the thread)

What do you think?
So long as it makes her happy, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Speaking of collectors, do we know who has the biggest or most expensive Pokémon collection?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Anyways:

Drought:
Gen III: Groudon
Gen V: Vulpix, Ninetales
Gen VI: Mega Charizard Y
Gen VII: Torkoal

Drizzle:
Gen III: Kyogre
Gen V: Politoed
Gen VII: Pelipper

Sand Stream:
Gen III: Tyranitar
Gen IV: Hippopotas, Hippowdon.
Gen VI: Mega Tyranitar
Gen VII: Gigalith

Snow Warning:
Gen IV: Snover, Abomasnow
Gen VI: Amaura, Aurorus, Mega Abomasnow
Gen VII: Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Ninetales, Vanilluxe

Drought: Can be given to Turtonator as a HA. Or Pansear as a secondary ability.
Drizzle: Can be given to variety of fish Pokémon with two abilities. Buizel and Panpour can also be used.
Sand Stream: Carbink or any of the fossils can get this.
Snow Warning: There are a few possible Pokémon, but most likely it will be given to a new species.
Psychic Surge: There are not much species that can get this, so it will likely be given to a completely new species.
Grassy Surge: Many guys can get this, most obviously Bellossom.
Misty Surge: Some of the new fairies can get it.
Electric Surge: A lot of guys can get it. Most obviously Plusle, Minun and Mareep would enjoy this.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Currently the list of species, going by Bulbapedia's numbering(only form is counted for all types):

Water: 120->133
Normal: 97->109
Flying: 93->101
Grass: 85->98
Psychic: 75->85
Bug: 66->77
Fire: 59->67
Ground: 61->65
Poison: 59->64
Rock: 55->59
Fighting: 47->57
Dark:46->54
Steel: 42->51
Electric: 42->51
Fairy: 37->50
Dragon: 41->48
Ghost: 35->44
Ice: 35->40

It seems that Ice is officially the rarest type now, and Steel replaced Dragon as the "best" type.

Edit: Updated list:
Water: 120->133
Normal: 97->109
Flying: 93->101
Grass: 85->98
Psychic: 75->86
Bug: 66->77
Fire: 59->68
Poison: 59->66
Ground: 61->65
Rock: 55->60
Fighting: 47->57
Dark:46->54
Steel: 42->54
Electric: 42->52
Fairy: 37->50
Dragon: 41->50
Ghost: 35->45
Ice: 35->40

Edit 2:
For Gen 8 (Gigantamax forms are not counted):
  1. Water: 120->133->143
  2. Normal: 97->109->115
  3. Grass: 85->98->106
  4. Flying: 93->101->105
  5. Psychic: 75->86->94
  6. Bug: 66->77->84
  7. Fire: 59->68->75
  8. Poison: 59->66->69
  9. Ground: 61->65->69
  10. Rock: 55->60->65
  11. Steel: 42->54->64
  12. Fighting: 47->57->63
  13. Dark:46->54->63
  14. Electric: 42->52->60
  15. Dragon: 41->50->60
  16. Fairy: 37->50->59
  17. Ghost: 35->45->54
  18. Ice: 35->40->49

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I find it interesting that they actually made a crown of thorns sea star.

Toxapex (Mareanie) are the ones I am talking about. Obvious lack of the religious reference.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I find it interesting that they actually made a crown of thorns sea star.

Toxapex (Mareanie) are the ones I am talking about. Obvious lack of the religious reference.

Pokemon has always added obscure species. Most of the fossil Pokemon aren't ones you usually hear about

Speaking of which, so far there's been only two generations without fossil Pokemon

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Pokemon has always added obscure species.
The crown-of-thorns sea star has gained particularly notoriety for being damaging to coral reef ecosystems. There used to be bounties to kill it (there may be some still around, I don't know).

Most of the fossil Pokemon aren't ones you usually hear about
Gen I had well known ancient invertebrates. Gen V had popular "not dinosaurs". Gen VI had a T-rex.

I'll give you Gen III and half of Gen VI.

Speaking of which, so far there's been only two generations without fossil Pokemon
That is relatively interesting. I always thought fossil Pokemon were cool. I wish I could reanimate amonytes in real life.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Anyone notice how Brock and Flint share a lot of similarities? Makes me wonder if they're related:
* The naming convention is the same. They're both based of stony/rocky substances
* They resemble one another in appearance
* Flint has an Onix, which is treated often as his unofficial main Pokemon. Same as Brock

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
So, Ghost, Fighting, Ground, Normal, and Flying do not have moves with themselves as the first word.

Bug has two.
Dark has two.
Fairy has two.
Dragon has eight.
Electric has one.
Steel has one.
Fire has six.
Grass has three.
Ice has seven.
Poison has six.
Psychic has three(none going by its Japanese name Esper).
Water has six.
Rock has six.

Edit (15.12.16):
Some random comments:
-Granbull is the only Pokémon used by Primo to have 120 Attack instead of 130.
-Politoed, Dustox and Ledian are still waiting for their stat buffs.
-HP, Sp. Def and Sp. Attack have no Pokémon with 5 base stat on them.

Edit(17.01.19): Added Steel Wing.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Query for your guys: what would you rather prefer; Pokemon with more resistances, or less weaknesses?

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Query for your guys: what would you rather prefer; Pokemon with more resistances, or less weaknesses?
I prefer less weaknesses. Using a Pokémon with few resistances is okay, but using something that's weak to nearly everything sucks.

Not sure if this is accepted on this thread, but does anyone know how to get Squirtle in Moon?

Unavailable until PokeBank becomes compatible with SuMo.

Last edited:
Anyone notice how Brock and Flint share a lot of similarities? Makes me wonder if they're related:
* The naming convention is the same. They're both based of stony/rocky substances
* They resemble one another in appearance
* Flint has an Onix, which is treated often as his unofficial main Pokemon. Same as Brock
In the anime Brock's dad is named Flint. Coincidence?

Blaizey

So, Ghost, Fighting, Ground, Normal, Steel and Flying do not have moves with themselves as the first word.

Bug has two.
Dark has two.
Fairy has two.
Dragon has eight.
Electric has one.
Fire has six.
Grass has three.
Ice has seven.
Poison has six.
Psychic has three(none going by its Japanese name Esper).
Water has six.
Rock has six.

Edit (15.12.16):
Some random guesses:

-Granbull is the only Pokémon used by Primo to have 120 Attack instead of 130.

-Politoed, Dustox and Ledian are still waiting for their stat buffs.

-HP, Sp. Def and Sp. Attack have no Pokémon with 5 base stat on them.

Steel wing

I was looking through one of my school history books today, and I found a map of a section of America interpreted by a man who came from England. The map had been drawn in the 1600s. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the map online. What was weird about the map was that there was a sea creature in the bottom left corner that looked suspiciously like a Huntail. It even had the Gorebyss-shaped tail.