• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
I got manga books that aren't pokemon related this month (fluffy fluffy cinnamoroll BTW), but i'm still interested in collecting more pokemon manga in the future, too.

On my white 2 file I have 4 badges now and i've been taking a break from the game so i don't get tired of it, but i really miss playing it, so I may play it again sometime soon xD

My Lucario, K-Dream, is my highest level team mate on my file <3 I'm pretty sure her current level is 41.

I'm still in love with Korrina. That hasn't really come close to changing yet lol. She's really special to me (i enjoyed daydreaming about her yesterday for valentines too and i went to a carnival with her and stuff^^).

JustinBailey88

Can anyone tell me how the notion of time is dealt with in the Pokemon Universe.
I'm trying to write a piece of fan fic that documents years. Like what year is it in Pokemon Universe or is it a completely different system?

Sorry this is a bit abstract!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Can anyone tell me how the notion of time is dealt with in the Pokemon Universe.
I'm trying to write a piece of fan fic that documents years. Like what year is it in Pokemon Universe or is it a completely different system?

“Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.”

Sorry, had to quote the Hitchhiker's Guide there.

For the most part, the games doesn't really bother to mention time. The only times I know they mentioned time in the "Sequels" in Gold/Silver and Black2/White2 as events in the other games being years ago, or from NPCs to suggest when certain events will happen. But given that those various events will follow similar Day, week, and month pattern that we do, feel free to use them as you feel fit.

Akashin

I'm guessing that what you're trying to ask is what sort of calendar the Pokemon world uses, but there isn't one that we know of. We have a rough idea of when key events happened and when some of the games took place, but all we have to go on is that so and so happened x years before y, and so on and so forth.

In a sense this is a good thing in your case, as it gives you the creative freedom to make it what you want. Sinnoh for example may well date their calendar to Arceus' supposed creation of the world, but I don't see any particular reason to believe that this would be a worldwide model. It's all speculative.

It is worth noting that there are a couple references to specific years (as in the Pewter Museum), but I'm not sure how seriously they should be taken.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Are you trying to ask to ask if the Pokémon world is the past, present, or future, as relative to the real world? If so, the answer is that there is no answer. The Pokémon World is it's own world with it's own history, and there's no way to reconcile it with the real world. You could probably assume the that Pokémon world is a roughly modern world, but not much more can be said.

If you want to ask something more specific, I will answer the best I can.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I just assume it has a similar time to the real world. It's worth noting that the Johto games take place three years after the original Kanto games, much like how about three years after the Kanto games the Johto games were released.

Argentarus

Just want to bring to everyone's attention that the addition of Scorbunny helps to solidify the fire zodiac theory. (And it copies Chimchar's pose... GEN 4 REMAKES CONFIRMED! /s)
aLuAnIE.png

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Cyndaquil is more of a porcupine but whatever. I assume the snake will be Fire/Poison

Rune Knight

In your opinion, would you say that Pokemon is more popular now Internationally than it was then (and by then I mean when it was first introduced the audiences outside Japan)?

I would say so. People like the bring the golden age circa when it was first introduced and became the thing that everyone talked about; the anime had a lot of recognition as well, and I get I lived it too.

However, with the amount of gamers now, the culmination of fans both old and new, the technological advancements that make it easy for anyone to own a copy of a Pokemon game or any game for that matter, Pokemon Go, and now with Detective Pikachu gaining so much notoriety, I can't help but feel that it's way more popular now, and I love it.

A lot of my friends and family are getting back into Pokemon, and I pretty much see it everywhere in my city nowadays.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Had three planned wi-fi battles sometime this week and I think last week together. I won all my battles against the first and last opponent although I think their battling skills were a bit rusty to be honest, you know haven't practiced a while but the second opponent was only one battle and I lost, taking down four out of six of his Pokemon. Although I'd say it was more like three I've taken down though because his Alakazam could've taken out my Bastiodon without getting countered by metal burst. Ah but we both agreed that my old Gen 4 team packed quite a punch in Gen 7 lol. I seriously need to update that Bastiodon though lol. It still has Avalanche from Gen 4, I'm not sure if that's even useful anymore lol. What do you think guys? Should I keep it? Should I get rid of it?

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Dont know why but lately I'm having conflicted feelings about replaying old Pokemon games. Suppose it has to do with both nostalgia and seeing how far the series has come since then.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Dont know why but lately I'm having conflicted feelings about replaying old Pokemon games. Suppose it has to do with both nostalgia and seeing how far the series has come since then.
What are you conflicted over apart from nostalgia and how far the series has come? I've been replaying the older games myself just for the heck of it, and as different as they are, they're still fun to play.

shoz999

Oh man. So something big just happened recently in Pokemon Adventures and it's getting Pokemon Adventures fans excited or emotional, even a few stating the tears are real lol and it's over this one certain character that people just love until a shocking twist happens. Fans hoped he would return but over the months, some legitimately worried if he would ever return but guess what I just found out today lol that's getting Pokemon fans excited and emotional? HE'S BACK and oh man, I know it's just a preview of what's to come but there's usually kickass re-introductions and there's fanservice re-introductions but this here is an emotional reunion and how it happens is just such a genuinely lovingly sweet moment that reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist's Edward and Winry... at least until the next few pages lol. I think some shippers will find it teary-eye and irritating at the same time lol. It's like the writer can read their fan's minds or something.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Gen 7 had the biggest number of new, signature abilities for Pokemon introduced. Why do you think that is?

shoz999

Oh Arceus, so much AgencyShipping fanart on twitter after the last BW2 round lol. The last round really was a very sweet tearjerker wasn't it? :D

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just want to bring to everyone's attention that the addition of Scorbunny helps to solidify the fire zodiac theory. (And it copies Chimchar's pose... GEN 4 REMAKES CONFIRMED! /s)
aLuAnIE.png
While I personally believe the fire starter/zodiac theory, how does it confirm we’re getting Gen IV remakes?

Also, what do you think Game Freak will do if we ever get a Gen 13 or a Gen 14? After seeing Fruits Basket, the only thing I can think of is having another cat starter to represent the cat from the zodiac story, but I’m not sure what they’ll do after that