1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Golden Pure, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Knightenno

Knightenno New Member

so whenever someone trade you a pokemon and you keep it and have it in your competitive team do you feel like that pokemon is truly yours? like do you have a special bond with that pokemon like you do with the pokemon you caught or breed?

MockingJ likes this.
  2. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Well-Known Member

The one time I tried out Wonder Trade in X and Y, I ended up with a level 1 female Joltik in exchange for my Tyrunt. I didn't see this as a bad trade, Joltik/Galvantula are among my favourite Electric-types, so I used Joltik on my team, got a good bit of use out of her and was I ultimately happy. As far as I was concerned Galvantula was my Pokemon even though I got her from someone else.

WishIhadaManafi5 and MockingJ like this.
  3. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I want to give Smeargle Imprison and Recover so I can SOS Corsola without it recovering. I already have Recover and Sketch. What do I do? Is there a Pokemon that naturally knows both?

4. Ignition

Ignition Incineroar wins yet again (proud of my son)

Recover and Imprison: Sableye, Solosis line, & Elgyem line

5. Eternalfalcon

Eternalfalcon Unova champion

I somewhat agree however I have no idea how much there struggling with the game so I can't really say if I want GF to slow down on the games however now that there moving from ds to switch maybe they will and if they do I think 2/3 years is a pretty good time to wait and a decent time for GF to make a game in HOWEVER I only believe that if it gets us better pokemon games with stuff like better graphics a national dex megas just overall bigger and better and it gives GF a bit of slack

6. Argentarus

Argentarus Introducing Pokemon SOwOrd and ShUwUield

If they aren't gonna slow down with the releases, they need to get a much bigger team of devs, they have WAY MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY to pay for extra employees. A split team of 143+ (71+, after the math) isn't gonna cut it developing two flagship games for a franchise that brings in $95 billion dollar franchise. Ubisoft has around 9000 employees and can handle multiple franchises with near-yearly releases (even with spinoffs thrown in) on tighter budgets than Game Freak can. The games are most definitely better coded, have better graphics, and don't have to resort to removing features because they didn't have enough time or didn't sort out their priorities. (Personally, the last two generations felt like an assignment that a student wrote up the morning it's due. The games look polished but the problems with them are pretty glaring, and they keep feeling unfinished, especially when they never develop or take any chances on any cool concepts that come by. *cough*Zygarde*cough*)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    TwilightBlade and Eternalfalcon like this.
  7. Eternalfalcon

I agree and I hope they realise that these games aren’t ds games I assume it’s gonna be a bit more work for them and I assume that a ds game is slightly different to a switch game (this is only an assumption so I could be completely wrong) and maybe there not as skilled in this department

TwilightBlade and Argentarus like this.
  8. Argentarus

Argentarus Introducing Pokemon SOwOrd and ShUwUield

Just think of the DS as being a vastly improved SNES, while the 3DS and Switch could be compared as majorly improved and/or portable versions of the Gamecube and Wii, respectively.
    The DS and SNES are mainly sprite-based consoles with some cool 3d capabilites when pushed to their limits, . The 3DS and Switch were made as 3d consoles. 3D is gonna require some more time and effort because of that extra axis. (And transferring 3d models between the 3ds and switch was most definitely a piece of cake for them to do; the "had-to-make-the-models-from-scratch" excuse they made is just a ruse, they left out the national dex for some other development reason.) Game Freak has mainly been a 2d handheld game dev up until the start of the decade, and it really shows.

9. Eternalfalcon

in a interview with gameinformer GF said that there reason for not expanding is because they’re worried about communication, in the sense of it’s going to be a hassle to explain dynamaxing to thirty plus people, which there’s nothing wrong with being worried about that but communication shouldn’t be a issue for the biggest entertainment franchise in this world.

Trey pokes and TwilightBlade like this.
  10. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Active Member

I rarely used traded Pokemon in my old playthroughs of the games, but in recent years I've been using traded Pokemon more often and half of my UltraMoon team is made up of Pokemon that weren't originally mine. I think that all Pokemon are the same now, but when I was younger I had this thing where I didn't feel a connection to traded Pokemon.

11. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Six years ago today, Pokemon X and Y were released.

Auraninja, Argentarus and wolf jani like this.
  12. Auraninja

Auraninja I'm ready to Smash

I still maintain that X and Y were actually really good games.

13. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Time to get spooky! Staff Member Moderator

Same here, issues aside, I still enjoy the games. Especially for shiny hunting.

14. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Active Member

Man time sure flies. I remember buying X the week after it came out and getting stuck in Lumiose City because of a glitch. I got that fixed with a patch, but it kind of turned me off the game and I didn't play it again until a year later.

15. Rune Knight

Rune Knight Well-Known Member

Know this is randomly sudden, but I always imagined an ice type counterpart of Snorlax named Chillax.