• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

PCN24454

I don't think @Pikachu Fan Number Nine means "adult" in an adult adult way, but "adult" as in a not childish/watered-down way
That would just be a Ship of Theseus. It’s not “watered down”. It’s not trying to be kid-friendly; it IS kid-friendly.

You might as well look for a different franchise by that point rather than make the franchise something that it’s not.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
There is a certain fun in seeing how dark Pokemon can get while remaining kid friendly. Sea Mauvile, anyone?

PCN24454

There is a certain fun in seeing how dark Pokemon can get while remaining kid friendly. Sea Mauvile, anyone?
That’s the thing.

Talking about how “dark” a show is feels clickbait-y.

Not to mention Japan has different standards for what’s acceptable for children to begin with.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Jellicent freaks me out too much, I don't think I'll ever catch it... Especially the female ones... But in my opinion, they're better than Tentacruel. They don't pop out every now and then, and they are water/ghost types. That is nice.
I really like Jellicent. Would have been the Water-type I used on my Unova teams if Oshawott wasn’t an option.

I haven't been here in over 5 years. Playing Pokemon GO. But showed up today to sound off. Jackie "Hitmon" Chan and Jet "Hitmon" Li deserve super killer Megas. Tired of them being non competitive is most aspects when they were the 2 baddest men walking the planet. Thank you and that will be 3.50 :)

bibliographic

The official Pokemon Discussion Thread V.1!

Approved by Profesco; Credit goes to me and Profesco

This thread is to discuss any particular aspects of specific Pokemon, along with your opinions on them!

You can mention anything you want about the specific Pokemon, but you must put some effort into your post. For example, telling a story about your experience with using Machamp (just an example) in competitive battling over Wi-Fi is fine, but it’s best if you describe your overall opinions about Machamp as well.

What’s not fine is making a simple post saying: "I love Machamp!!!!! yeah ;068;;068;"

I'll start this off by bringing up Scizor.

Scizor has been one of my favorite Pokemon ever since I got it in my Gold version. I even remember watching the episode where Ash battles some guy with the "perfect" Scizor with his own Scizor and actually wins. I found it to be such a cool Pokemon because of the way it evolved and looks, and even now I use it in my Emerald and SS Battle Frontier teams. Its attack and defense is great, but its HP and Speed hinders it a little. It learns great moves in the fourth gen. though, such as X-Scissor, Iron Head and Swords Dance.

Your turn!
that interesting mate i read the whole post but I don't know anything about pokemon unfortunately

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
that interesting mate i read the whole post but I don't know anything about pokemon unfortunately
then why are you on a Pokémon discussion forum? unless you’re trying to learn about the series, in which case, it’s fine.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
then why are you on a Pokémon discussion forum? unless you’re trying to learn about the series, in which case, it’s fine.
it's for the Bibliography!

Jesness

Togekiss Enthusiast
Lately I've been thinking; for a game where, "every Pokemon should look like it could be your friend," there aren't a lot of friendship elements in Pokemon. I wish we could capture Pokemon through friendship instead of beating them in a battle. I don't think battling should ever be taken out of the series, but I wish that friendship was an alternative to beating a Pokemon up when it came to catching. Like you could choose either or depending on your playstyle. I felt like it was a missed opportunity in Legends Arceus, Pokemon would run right up to you or passively follow you around, but you still had to fight them or surprise them with a Pokeball to the back of the head to catch them.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Lately I've been thinking; for a game where, "every Pokemon should look like it could be your friend," there aren't a lot of friendship elements in Pokemon. I wish we could capture Pokemon through friendship instead of beating them in a battle. I don't think battling should ever be taken out of the series, but I wish that friendship was an alternative to beating a Pokemon up when it came to catching. Like you could choose either or depending on your playstyle. I felt like it was a missed opportunity in Legends Arceus, Pokemon would run right up to you or passively follow you around, but you still had to fight them or surprise them with a Pokeball to the back of the head to catch them.
Sounds like the SMT/Persona system.

For reference, in those games, you had to persuade demons to join your party.

ZarudeSandstorm

I think Gen 10 will come out in 2026 because that is 30th anniversary of Pokemon. 2006 and 2016 were D/P and S/M respectively so it's likely Gen 10 comes out in 2026.
This year we will see DLC/s.
Honestly I think next year we should get Johto game.
Johto didn't get anything since 2009. IDC if it will be Let's Go Johto or Pokemon Legends of Lugia and Ho-Oh. We need Johto content IMO.
2025 should be break for GF so they can make amazing Gen 10 game and Spike Chunsoft should make Mystery Dungeon game. Last one came out in 2020 and before that in 2015. So next one should in 2025 for Switch.

Or 2024 is break for GF and Mystery Dungeon comes out and 2025 for hypothetical new console from Nintendo ( I think new console may come late next year) Let's Go Johto( which could be Pokemon Crystal remake) or Pokemon Legends Arceus for Johto( like Ho-oH, Lugia as I said)
As of Gen V remakes they probably will come out between Gen 10 and Gen 11. ( Likely after Gen 10 DLCs like in 2028).

Last edited:

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
278-2785934_mega-heracross-redesign-mega-heracross.png

This right here, is what I wished Mega Heracross looked like. I get what the were going for, but the official one just does not look as cool as actual Heracross or Mega Pinsir.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So Game Boy and Game Boy Advance were finally confirmed for Nintendo Switch Online, but there were no RBY, no GSC, no RSE, really no Pokemon titles whatsoever except Pokemon TCG. Anyone thinking this announcement is being saved for Pokemon Day or is something else going on? Feels strange to not have Pokemon join the party here, especially after they bit the bullet with VC on the 3DS.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
So Game Boy and Game Boy Advance were finally confirmed for Nintendo Switch Online, but there were no RBY, no GSC, no RSE, really no Pokemon titles whatsoever except Pokemon TCG. Anyone thinking this announcement is being saved for Pokemon Day or is something else going on? Feels strange to not have Pokemon join the party here, especially after they bit the bullet with VC on the 3DS.
I think that GF would want them to be their own separate release for the sake of Home compatibility, and we won't see them until 2026 for the franchise's 30th anniversary.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I think that a new movie will be announced this year. My guess is that it will either have AU Ash as the main character who goes to the Crown Tundra and meets Calyrex and its Steeds, a stand-alone movie about someone going back in time to Hisui and needing to meet Arceus to find answers as to why they were sent back in time, or AU Ash and Pikachu meeting the Paldea Mythical Pokémon.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Where do you think the next Pokemon region will be based on? I can think of a few places it's unlikely to be or places they might want to avoid that's overdone
  • While part of Russia would be really good for a future generation, I highly doubt they would use that for the next generation because it's going to take some time before it isn't a hot-button/controversial place, due to the Russo-Ukrainian war
  • Unless they were doing some major nostalgia-themed region (which could always be a .5 generation) they probably won't do part of Japan for Gen 10. The first four generations in a row were from the home country and I think it's going to be a while before it doesn't feel overdone
  • Not ruling it out, but as we've had two European regions in a row out of three they might want to wait until Gen 11 before revisiting the continent. Especially if the theory that there will be Kalos-related DLC is true

My guess is that Gen 10 would be one of the following
  • Another area of the U.S. It's one of the most well-known countries so it wouldn't be hard to draw inspiration from, and while they have done two U.S-based countries they were varied enough and weren't consecutive . I could see a region with more Spanish influence like Texas or the American Southwest. Also if Gen 5 gets a remake this gen or a Legends type-game (which it probably will; every even numbered gen outside of the second has had a remake) it could tie in nicely being in the same "country" as Gen 10
  • A region of China. Partly because of the Treasures of Ruin's inspiration, but also because it would be relatively fresh since outside of Japan itself Gamefreak has never done a region in Asia. Similarly, we could also get something India-related. Admittedly the former might be seen as controversial (I mean I think Pokemon GO is banned in China), but I think if they afford any big parallels to the modern government it'll be fine.
  • Something not done yet like a nation from the African or South American continent, or maybe Australia/New Zealand. I'd personally like to see a region in Africa because it could be a good way to introduce people to African culture
  • A more tundra-themed environment, giving love to Ice types

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
My personal picks for Gen 10 region ideas are Brazil/Amazon Rainforest with the Rainforest being the main focus, African Savannah/Egyptian Desert, Australia, Canada/Alaska, Greece/Italy with a focus on ancient ruins and civilizations, and India and parts of the South Asian islands. They’d all make some pretty interesting areas to explore and enough interesting animals to use as a base for new Pokémon. The Canadian-Alaskan region could be snow based but also have some seasonal changes and even incorporate the 24 hours of sunlight that Alaska gets during part of the year.

Trey pokes

Maybe Gen 10 could have an Canadian based region. I could places around Toronto, Ottawa, Alberta, Manitoba and Yukon for examples.