• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

pokefantravis

The Poke-Pimp
I just took a look at Sableye's Dex page, and oh my gosh!

A Dream World Sableye would totally be usable! It gets the Prankster ability, and one of the new moves Sableye learns this gen is Foul Play. The former means that Sableye is one of the few Pokemon with access to priority Taunt and Substitute, while the latter gives Sableye an excellent attacking move that completely bypasses Sableye's poor Attack stat (because most of the opponents you'll find in competitive play will have an Attack of more than 75, hyuck hyuck).

This is so exciting! Oh, I can't wait for them to give us DW Sableye~ :D

DW Sableye, **** just got real o.o

I think a good name for a flying Eeveelution would be Levieon.

Wait a second, if we get a flying eeveelution it would be our second pure flying type!

Derp

[Something funny]
I don't know why 70% of Flying types are part Normal.

Because there birds and flying type is just stuff like clouds or wind as seen with the only pure flying type, Tornadus.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
My interpretation of the many normal-flying Pokemon is that to be, the normal type represents an animal that is just totally normal - has no real special "powers" or anything like that. A bird doesn't have any special powers, it can just fly. So, normal for the no powers and flying because it flies. Tornadus is pure flying because it flies and it has a power relating to the sky.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Exactly. A bird is a normal creature - therefore, Tornadus isn't normal because it's not a bird.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
My interpretation of the many normal-flying Pokemon is that to be, the normal type represents an animal that is just totally normal - has no real special "powers" or anything like that. A bird doesn't have any special powers, it can just fly. So, normal for the no powers and flying because it flies. Tornadus is pure flying because it flies and it has a power relating to the sky.

so that fits into how the fish-like pokemon would not be normal, because they can control water

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
so that fits into how the fish-like pokemon would not be normal, because they can control water

Exactly. The fish in this game aren't regular wish you'd see in the real world. Meanwhile, the normal-flying birds in the Pokemon games resemble a bird you could actually encounter in the real world... well, more or less.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker

Zibdas

not bad
I think a good name for a flying Eeveelution would be Levieon.

Wait a second, if we get a flying eeveelution it would be our second pure flying type!

It'd be too close to Leafeon, I don't think GF would do it. Especially since we'd have two pure flying types(besides Arceus) and that would just take away from the uniqueness of the Kami of wind.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I don't consider Arceus a pure flying type. To me, it's just normal type with other temporary types.

Windeon maybe? Or does that sound as stupid as it does when I say it in my head?

Grey Wind

I don't consider Arceus a pure flying type. To me, it's just normal type with other temporary types.

Windeon maybe? Or does that sound as stupid as it does when I say it in my head?
Yes, Windeon is horrible :p

I wonder if we'll get any more...seven is a 'nice' number and works well. But wil 10+ be too many? Seventeen definetly is, but 8/9 wouldn't be too much. A Dragon and...? I don't know why but I definetly see Dragon, if there are anymore. I could see Bug or Ghost as a 'partner' but I also would love a Ground Rock. I don't think a Flying type would work, mainly because of the difficulties of a Flying fox. But then there is Shaymin.
Long thoughful rant is long

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Dragon is the only one I DON'T see. I just can't see a dragon resembling Pokemon like Vaporeon, Jolteon and Flareon in any way. The ones I see most are Ground, Poison (which I really, really want... purple will be such a cool Eeveelution colour) and Steel.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I think that a sky blue Eeveelution with little wings on each side would be kind of cute.

pokefantravis

The Poke-Pimp