• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

TheAwesomeOne

For some reason, the Starters that I liek always got Tackle(before Gen V).
Bulbasuar-Tackle
Squirtle-Pound
Charmander-Scratch
Chikorita-Tackle
Totadile-Scratch
Cyndaquil-Pound
Treeko-Pound
Mudkip-Tackle
Torchic-Scratch
Turtwig-Tackle
Piplup-Pound
Chimchar-Scratch
(Yes, i actually lieked the Chikorita family. I liek Mudkipz and Bulbasaurz and Turtwigz)
:cool:

Flame Mistress

Cyndaquil got Tackle as well.

I don't really like grass type starters that much, you see. They look a bit ugly, barring the Snivy line.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
(Yes, i actually lieked the Chikorita family.)

I'm one of the few who also liked Chikorita. My Meganium's playing defense is pretty helpful. And it was my Shiny Leaf Crown Pokemon in SoulSilver :3 I actually tried a Swords Dance moveset, but it wasnt as great as I thought it would be ^^; Went right back to playing defense. Might try something new in Unova, but I tend to work better with defense. My Unfezant was suprisingly good at defense too :S

For some reason, the Starters that I liek always got Tackle(before Gen V).
Bulbasuar-Tackle
Squirtle-Pound
Charmander-Scratch
Chikorita-Tackle
Totadile-Scratch
Cyndaquil-Pound
Treeko-Pound
Mudkip-Tackle
Torchic-Scratch
Turtwig-Tackle
Piplup-Pound
Chimchar-Scratch
(Yes, i actually lieked the Chikorita family. I liek Mudkipz and Bulbasaurz and Turtwigz)
:cool:

Well my was Squirtle - Cyndaquil - Torchic - Chimchar.
Fire/Fight combination is great to run through the game.
I always challenged Elite Four with the Legendary + Starter only :)

Flame Mistress

I never use my Reshiram in Black, for some odd reason i use my Victini and my Cobalion though. Guess since I caught them first, I'm closer to them :)

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Two of my friends were just talking about Reshiram and Zekrom being weak compared to previous legendaries..In terms of attack coverage, and origin.

Personally I like their involvment in the story compared to others. How they represent the main character's goal(Truth or Ideals), rather than just being an uber powerful creature. The designs are unique for dragons IMO, and their typings are helpful and unexpected. I'm sure most people thought Reshi was going to be another Flying/Dragon :p The other cool, asthetic thing about them is their type and how they reflect the environment of the games. Fire, a natural form of light(Nature being important to White) and Electiricity, a modern form of light(modernization being important to Black). But that's just me being an artist :p And they did a nice job animating the boosted effect of Fusion Flare/Bolt when use together XD Looks pretty epic.

I dunno, would anyone else here call the two weak in comparison?

Flame Mistress

Nope. Well, compared to other box legendaries, then yes. Reason why I don't use Reshiram a lot.

Dialga and Palkia are the strongest in my opinion.

Zachmac

It's fair since you're given the opportunity to catch them.
But they are stronger then the enemies pokemon all the time, unless they use Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp, or Hydreigon. Mewtwo/Ho-oh/lugia/ect. are just to powerful. I like to use ones like Raikou or Terrokion.

Zekrom and Reshiram aren't weak actually, Kyrem is the one weaker then it should be.

Mega Steelix

Mega Evolved
Seriously, shouldn't Luvdisc have evolved into Alomomola and Tauros into Bouffalant? I think it would've worked. Oh well, I guess we have to hope Luvdisc and/or Tauros evolves someday in the future.

Zachmac

Seriously, shouldn't Luvdisc have evolved into Alomomola and Tauros into Bouffalant? I think it would've worked. Oh well, I guess we have to hope Luvdisc and/or Tauros evolves someday in the future.
Um, bouffalant is a plains buffalo, and Tauros is a bull. Not to mention Tauros is much fast, while bouffalant can take hits better. And Alomomola is a defensive threat, luvdisc is just fast.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
torterra is def underreated. ground is one of the better partners with grass.

recently I'm loving beambolt eviolite porygon2. man can it wall. survives garchomp too. shame it is banned from the anime

TheAwesomeOne

The list of Pokémon that need Evolutions:
abc= Definitely
abc=Could use one
abc=Not really, but could have a 3rd evo

-Raticate
-Fearow
-Arbok
-Sandslash
-Clefable
-Arcanine
-Ninetails
-Parasect
-Venomoth
-Dugtrio
-Persian
-Golduck
-Primeape
-Tentacruel
-Rapidash
-Farfetch'd-FRICKIN YES!!!!
-Dodrio
-Dewgong
-Muk
-Cloyster
-Steelix
-Hypno
-Kingler
-Electrode-Pokéball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball!!!
-Exeggutor
-Marowak
-Hitmons
-Weezing
-Kangashkan-Pre-evo too
-Tangrowth
-Goldeen
-Starmie
-Mr.Mime
-Jynx
-Pinsir
-Tauros
-Lapras
-Fossil Pokémon
Someone else can do the 4 other gens.

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
I don't think Arcanine could use an evolution; it's good enough as it is. You can't argue with total base stats of 555. But I think it would be great to see an Ultra Ball Electrode. FTW!