• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

TheAwesomeOne

Shiny Electrode looks like a Great Ball.
Maybe a Master Ball Evo!!!
That would be epic!
Shiny version of Ultra Ball=Master Ball.
You listening Game Freak?

Larry

^ Epic.
Let's tell Game Freak all about this, and tell them we need more eeveelutions, and not ugly ones.

I was quite surprised that there weren't new Eevelutions in 5th gen. I think they should eventually have every type of Eeveelution.

I was also surprised that there was no relation between Bouffalant and Tauros. They're both pretty beastly Pokemon.

No. 1 Machop Fan

I just registered a minute ago and , to my memory , nothing was said about requesting a Pokemon over WIFI. Tomorrow I will be on WIFI with Pokemon Platinum , so I wanted to know if anyone can give me their Platinum FCs for a Level 1 Skarmory ;244;

Actually, there is a forum especially for wifi trades, and the rules say you have to ask there. Newbs should not just read the rules, but also explore the forum a bit before posting. ;)

Nebbio

NINJA!
Can anyone imagine a flying type Eeveeloution? That would be epic.

PokemonOwn

I was also surprised that there was no relation between Bouffalant and Tauros. They're both pretty beastly Pokemon.

Never mind that, I though Alomomola and Luvdisc were related when I first saw them! Shame, cos' Luvdisc is awesome!

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
Can anyone imagine a flying type Eeveeloution? That would be epic.

I would picture it as a small light blue and white fox with red eyes and big white wings.

Nebbio

NINJA!
Let's not get started about Pachirusu and Emolga:)!

I still don't get why people think Emogla and Pacharishu should be in the same evo chain.

Vanilluxe has a somewhat rubbish design. Vannilish is even worse.:583:

Zachmac

I still don't get why people think Emogla and Pacharishu should be in the same evo chain.

Vanilluxe has a somewhat rubbish design. Vannilish is even worse.:583:
I don't really like vanilluxe either, but I've still been thinking about using it...
I would like to predict a baby for miltank, tauros, and boufalant....
But boufalant is a Plains buffalo, Miltank and Tauros are cows.

No. 1 Machop Fan

If they should be in the same chain then so should Plusle, Minun and Pikachu. Let's make them all evolve from Pichu. :/

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I was quite surprised that there weren't new Eevelutions in 5th gen. I think they should eventually have every type of Eeveelution.

Every type is just too much. Every special type besides Dragon is pretty solid. I don't think we need anymore eeveelutions.

Vernikova

Champion
But they are stronger then the enemies pokemon all the time, unless they use Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp, or Hydreigon. Mewtwo/Ho-oh/lugia/ect. are just to powerful. I like to use ones like Raikou or Terrokion.

Zekrom and Reshiram aren't weak actually, Kyrem is the one weaker then it should be.

As stated, it's fair because they're able to be caught. Just because they're stronger than your opponents Pokémon doesn't assure that you will beat them after all.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Every type is just too much. Every special type besides Dragon is pretty solid. I don't think we need anymore eeveelutions.

A Dragon type eeveelution would be pretty dope.

cantab

In terms of power, Reshiram and Zekrom are entirely on par with previous legendaries. Zekrom's Attack matches Groudon's and Rayquaza's, Reshiram's SpA is just shy of Mewtwo's and matches that of Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, and Palkia. Reshiram's STAB is resisted by only one Pokemon, Heatran.

A couple of interesting points. High-BST legendaries in general have only moderate speed. Mewtwo, Arceus, Lugia, and Palkia have base 130, 120, 110, and 100 respectively. Rayquaza and Kyurem sit at 95. The others all sit at 90, slower than a lot of the 600 and 580 BST legendaries, and a lot of other Pokemon. I suspect this is intentional by Game Freak, in order to somewhat balance out the extreme stats.

Also, there's a clear similarity between the 3rd and 5th gen cover legendaries. Groudon and Zekrom are physically based, with the same HP, Attack and Speed. Kyogre and Reshiram are specially based, with the same HP, SpA and Speed. Rayquaza and Kyurem are both balanced, with the same speed that's 5 faster than the others in their trios.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Kyogre is cool, but Mysterial's(PBR) was a pain in the nads for the longest time DX The only way for me to win was by using an allied Fake Out and finishing it with Pikachu's Volt Tackle.. The rest of the fight was actually pretty easy once Kyogre was out of the picture XD

Rayquaza and Kyurem are both balanced, with the same speed that's 5 faster than the others in their trios
I just wish Kyurem got a little more in terms of moves, but if they plan on giving him a "complete" form later on, I can see why they would make it weaker than it should be.

Maybe the God stone in Kyurem's Griseous Orb :S

Nebbio

NINJA!
If we had a dragon type Eeveeloution people would complain it would be too weak. This would be because many would compare it to other dragons such as Salamence, Flygon, Hydredgion ect.

Profesco

gone gently
I just wish Kyurem got a little more in terms of moves, but if they plan on giving him a "complete" form later on, I can see why they would make it weaker than it should be.

Maybe the God stone in Kyurem's Griseous Orb :S

Kyurem's signature move - the current one - Glaciate, is oddly unremarkable. It's basically Icy Wind with a tiny bit more power and accuracy. Actually, it's exactly like Bulldoze and Low Sweep, just for the Ice typing. Compared to such things as Fusion Bolt/Flare, Spacial Rend and Roar of Time, Glaciate is a dud of a signature move.

It's also weird that, according to Bulbapedia's page, Kyurem has a BST twenty points lower than Reshiram and Zekrom, making it the only Pokemon (let alone only member of a box-cover Legendary group) with a BST of 660.

I agree that it'd be nice to see some kind of change in Kyurem come the third version of the Unova games. Poor thing just seems incomplete from all angles. =s