• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Dattebayo

Banned
Nobody must follow anything. They can do whatever the hell they like in a game. It's for fun, not for some stupid (oh no I called Smogon stupid) website to tell us what to do.

The games are serious business!

And stop complaining that you can't use ubers. The only reason you can't use them is because YOU won't let yourself. And as I said before, if they 'got rid of' ubers, the strongest OU Pokemon would become uber by default. Whatever is strongest automatically becomes uber, so to get rid of ubers, they'd have to get rid of everything.

The strongest OU Pokemon will only become uber if it has no counters, which means you know nothing about Smogon's policy on tiers.

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Since when was the game serious business, miju :eek:

And every pokemon well to a minor of garchomp and the beloved salamence(is he still uber?) have some other pokemon to counter them, miju

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
Nothing makes a player a true fan. Nothing.

Thank you.

It really bugs me how people say that because they EV train, breed for IVs, search for hours for specific natures and create flawless move sets for every single one of their Pokemon just so they can defeat some random guy they've never met before, that means they are the "true fan". But, like ~Saphire Sceptile~ said, a "true fan" is an opinion, but a fact. In my honest opinion, I think people who do all the above are obsessing and overcomplicating a simple game. I play these games for enjoyment and not as work, and that's a true fan to me. But somebody's going to disagree with me, so let's just accept the fact that there is no true fan, and people who say there is are just insulting the other people who don't do what they do.

Mister_SGG

It really bugs me how people say that because they EV train, breed for IVs, search for hours for specific natures and create flawless move sets for every single one of their Pokemon just so they can defeat some random guy they've never met before, that means they are the "true fan". But, like ~Saphire Sceptile~ said, a "true fan" is an opinion, but a fact. In my honest opinion, I think people who do all the above are obsessing and overcomplicating a simple game. I play these games for enjoyment and not as work, and that's a true fan to me. But somebody's going to disagree with me, so let's just accept the fact that there is no true fan, and people who say there is are just insulting the other people who don't do what they do.

I'm not going to be that person. I totally agree.

Grey Wind

The games are serious business!
I love how you have no point. It's a game, not everybody has to obsess over it.

The strongest OU Pokemon will only become uber if it has no counters, which means you know nothing about Smogon's policy on tiers.
My point still stands. You can still use ubers if you want to. And I don't give a crap what Smogon says, I play the game however I want, not being a drone to some overcomplicated website.

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Dattebayo is the brainwashed like Team Galactic/Plasma grunts were but instead its about the truth of Pokemon games and Smogon is Cyrus/Ghetsis they are corrupting the pokemon fans, miju!!

(that's pokemon discussion related right, miju?)

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I swear to god, Smogon. KSJDHSKSKFH... everything is so technical with them.

Truth. I mean, I'll Effort Train and occasionally breed for good moves, but breeding for IVs is just complete crap and a total waste of time. It would be easier if I knew RNG abuse, but for right now that's not something I'm into.

Also, "true fans" are those who have fun playing the game, no matter how they play it. There shouldn't be anymore to it.

CelestialFire

<--- Better than you

SC, I love how you have such strong opinions about everything

Profesco

gone gently
It is avoidable - you have the option of putting your caught 'R@m in the PC box and playing with your usual team of 6.

Does that work, though? I had thought that your -r@m always appeared first in your battle versus N - whether you chose to swap it in or not - in order to fulfill the little prophecy/destiny thing the game has going up to that point. =s

Why is everybody so upset with Smogon? You all know that website is not coercive; just informative, right? The gamers there don't make anyone play in any particular way, they just test and discuss strategies, and then post up the results for all to see.

It's like... nutritionists. Nutritionists don't make anyone eat healthy and stay thin, they just discover what works and share that information. It's up to the individual whether they decide to observe those results or not - and plenty of malnourished people live perfectly happy lives. =P

willsgb

WEE HUGHIE SAYS ****
i personally love using legendaries, because of the effort it takes to catch them, and because they're mostly awesome. i can understand rules about not using them in competitive battles, but i don't see the problem in using them in your game; i don't see the point in going out to catch them and then leaving them in your boxes. you usually only get to catch most of them just before or even after you've beaten all the gyms and/or finished the main part of the game.

anyway, favourite pokemans...

Lapras.png
lapras! it's awesome because it's friendly, intelligent and yet full of brawn and really powerful; tonnes of HP and access to some magnificent moves, it can be a little slow and defence isn't top, but it's a big blue tank of a mate to roam unova or johto or wherever with. the story about how rare they are because of being hunted is a little sad, but also makes lapras more exclusive and valuable to have in your party. what a dude

Dattebayo

Banned
Lapras would've been beast if it were given Shell Smash. I've thought up of set for one:

Lapras w/ Leftovers
Timid Nature
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Shell Smash
Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Derp

[Something funny]
Also why the heck did Blastoise not get Shell Smash?

willsgb

WEE HUGHIE SAYS ****
yeah, it gets razor shell which is decent as it is; edit - that comment is addressed to miju cause he was talking about samurott

the only problem with lapras is speed, it's got a lot of weight to throw around. big fan though, if i remember correctly it only appeared on fridays in a cave in gold, and when i got one it smashed everyone i pitted it against. funny that it's supposed to be shy with the heavy duty moves it learns

alfredo3001

Creaming in PAIN!
Thank you.

As SGG said,I wont be the person who disagrees you.
A fan is someone who wants to be fan.
Not the one that knows everything.I dont know absolutely nothing about the Anime,that makes me a non-fan?
No,it doesnt.
That just make me someone who doesnt like that part of pokemon.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
That just make me someone who doesnt like that part of pokemon.

And if you liked every single aspect of the entire Pokemon series, then that would be almost obsessive.

anyway, favourite pokemans...

Lapras.png
lapras! it's awesome because it's friendly, intelligent and yet full of brawn and really powerful; tonnes of HP and access to some magnificent moves, it can be a little slow and defence isn't top, but it's a big blue tank of a mate to roam unova or johto or wherever with. the story about how rare they are because of being hunted is a little sad, but also makes lapras more exclusive and valuable to have in your party. what a dude
Yesss, I love Lapras. :p It's not my all-time favorite, but it's definitely one of my highly-ranked favorites. My favorite Pokemon is Mew because of its appearance and rarity. I also love the description it gives when you get Mew as the result in a specific Pokemon quiz: "You're carefree, playful, energetic and prefer not to let the world worry you too much. You're friendly towards others while not putting too much trust or emotional investment into the relationship."

Anyhow, I swapped my Scizor in my SS Frontier team for Salamence. Scizor's speed, double-weakness to fire and unimpressive HP made me look for a change. I always liked Salamence and other Dragon-types, and its Speed and Attack are really helping me out so far in the different Frontier facilities. ^^ I still haven't gotten a colored print, but I'm working on it and hoping Salamence can pull through lol.

umbilly

Pokemon Breeder
I definitely love Scizor. It's the most awesome Pokemon I have ever seen and ever since the first pokemon Silver back in the day I've had at least one in my team. And now, with all the new moves and changes in B&W I just had to train a new one. I called it Shinzo, And he will kick butt if nessecary! :D