• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Which is why if you want in on any Pokemon events you better move to japan...

miju

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
That thing was born to will-o-wisp and spread its ability like disease transmitted through "making eggs" (trying to keep that appropriate for our younger readers).

Xenevix

Some Guy
Exactly why it is better used as a physical wall.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Cofagrigus as a tank?

*sigh* If it had some dark type to it. But a flat ghost tank isn't that good. Bite is very popular in the leagues atm.

Accipitri

Space relic
Bite is popular? did you mean Crunch? 'cause I can't see bite being useful ._.

Luckycharm197

My favorite two pokemon are RayQuaza-1 Flygon-2. I love these pokemon so much because they both are flying types and Rayquaza is just a beast. Flygon always helps especially with hyper-beam. I used Flygon and Rayquaza all the way through my Emerald Pokemon game. GO Rayquaza and Flygon!!!

Phoopes

There it is.
My favorite two pokemon are RayQuaza-1 Flygon-2. I love these pokemon so much because they both are flying types and Rayquaza is just a beast. Flygon always helps especially with hyper-beam. I used Flygon and Rayquaza all the way through my Emerald Pokemon game. GO Rayquaza and Flygon!!!

Flygon is Dragon/Ground. But I agree with you, both are awesome.

Also, Cofagrigus is a great physical wall. It's an even better WoWer than Dusclops.

Flygon is Dragon/Ground. But I agree with you, both are awesome.

Also, Cofagrigus is a great physical wall. It's an even better WoWer than Dusclops.

Nah, I see Dusclops as the better Will-O-Wisp user, because it's so ridiculously bulky with the Evolite.

Also, keep in mind that a Pokemon abusing Will-O-Wisp is going to appreciate a higher special defense instead of defense. After all, if you have a low defense stat, who cares? Just Will-O-Wisp the physical attackers. But if you have a low special defense stat, not much is going to save you. That's Cofagrigus's problem: lackluster special defense. Well, that and low HP and no good recovery. Honestly, Dusclops beats it any day.

Also, 800th post! ^_^

Accipitri

Space relic
(why did I read that as 'world of warcraft-er?)
I'd like to try out a Cofagrigus some time, it's one of my favorite gen V pokemon. Its movepool seems a little empty though. Recover would be nice.
I liked Dusclops but I hate encountering them on random matchups, I'm awful at predicting and countering them ;;

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Blissey with evolite, Rhydon under Sandstorm with evolite and Gurdurr with evolite can cause problems..not so sure about Golbat but those pokemon are terrible foes ._.

Miju.

Unpredictable-Strategist

Unorthodox Trainer
Cofagrigus is a pretty good tank, but its moveset is pretty limited. I never really liked using the one I had EV trained. I wouldn't call its special defense "lackluster," though. A 105 base stat is pretty great. The only reason I can give for it being lackluster is in comparison to its amazing defense.

emogirl

Panda-chan.
Indeed, I see the derogatory term in the middle of its name. I don't really like Cofagrigus, I don't like its movepool.

Cofagrigus is a pretty good tank, but its moveset is pretty limited. I never really liked using the one I had EV trained. I wouldn't call its special defense "lackluster," though. A 105 base stat is pretty great. The only reason I can give for it being lackluster is in comparison to its amazing defense.

My bad. I meant lackluster special defensiveness. Base 105 special defense is nice, but that Base 58 HP really brings it down. To put it into perspective, Cofagrigus has about the same special defensiveness as Sceptile.