• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

XXD17

Draco rex
What about Braviary? He packs a bigger punch than the ugly, prehistoric-looking vulture.

Braviary is a very lackluster for what it's worth...although it is generally bulkier than most normal/ flying types, it's speed is lacking and its attack isn't amazing either usually leaving opponents with a smidgen of HP...when compared with a life-orbed staraptor with reckless, it is completely outclassed in terms of speed and attack which makes its general role as a sweeper mediocre...mandibuzz, however, is a wonderful wall...compared to other flying types save skarmory or togekiss, it is a great wall. Compared to other walls, it is immune to two types, has wonderful bulk and is decently fast...it also has a reliable healing move an a way to prevent the opponent from setting up...ingame, braviary might be better but in the competitive arena, mandibuzz definitely has a better niche..

Stoutland needs earthquake. It will hit steel and rock types, while it already has crunch to handle ghost types.

stoutland does get reversal, which handles those types...

Last edited:

Arachnae

Princess Arachnid
I think that ariados should flame charge in order to take care of the steel problem, and assist with speed. =)

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
any pure grass type with stone edge,
Rock type moves counter 4 of the 5 types super effective against grass if im correct:
Ice - Fire - Bug - Flying - Poison
obviously reds are counter by rock and green isnt

Like Breloom with stone edge rocks, i know cos i hacked my emulator file but try this out if you find a good combo :)

Meganium learns Ancientpower, works wonders actually.

I think that ariados should flame charge in order to take care of the steel problem, and assist with speed. =)

The only Bug type that should learn a Fire attack that causes its body to burst into flames is Volcarona, only one that makes the slightest sense.

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
Meganium learns Ancientpower, works wonders actually.

Too many people chose Typhlosion, in my opinion, and off the top of my head, about 65% chose Typhlosion, 25% chose Feraligatr (me), and the other 10% chose Meganium. Meganium IMO is the best cos of its mixed attackingness

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Too many people chose Typhlosion, in my opinion, and off the top of my head, about 65% chose Typhlosion, 25% chose Feraligatr (me), and the other 10% chose Meganium. Meganium IMO is the best cos of its mixed attackingness

I'm not sure about those percentages, I will say that Feraligatr is my favorite Johto starter, followed closely by Meganium, with Typhlosion wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down at the bottom.

People only pick Cyndaquil because Wooper/Poliwag and Hoppip/Bellsprout are found so early in the game, while you don't see a Fire type till either evolving Bill's Eevee or Magmar in Burnt Tower.

Ninja Eevee

Haunters Gonna Haunt
I'm not sure about those percentages, I will say that Feraligatr is my favorite Johto starter, followed closely by Meganium, with Typhlosion wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down at the bottom.

People only pick Cyndaquil because Wooper/Poliwag and Hoppip/Bellsprout are found so early in the game, while you don't see a Fire type till either evolving Bill's Eevee or Magmar in Burnt Tower.

They are NOT my favourites, i prefer Feraligatr SOO much more, closely by maganium, i just chose those figures off the top of my head

~Nidoking~

Team Aqua Admin
Most people don't use Meganium as it struggles against most of the gyms in Jhoto. (Falkner, Bugsy and Pryce have type advantages, Morty, Claire and Jasmine take little damage from Grass/Normal (Meganiums prime level up attacking types). So only Whitney and Chuck take good amounts of damage from it.

Where as Quilava's final stage is super effective against Steel, Bug and Ice, and is able to hit the others for normal damage.

Reborn_Silver

the Radiant Dawn
hmm..... my meganiums usually have + speed, and -defense or sp. def... but thats whenever i use them, which isnt really ever too often

Victory

Banned
I love Totodile. He is so cool looking and is the original crocodile/alligator

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Totodile line>Cyndaquil line>Chikorita line

This is not up for debate :p

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
(On previous page)
Mandibuzz is by far one of the best flying types in B/W. It looks very cool too, with the bone in the hair :D

Mandibuzz is by far THE best flying type in B/W. Wich is saying a lot, considering that B/W is full of great flying types.
The concept for this volture is just so cool. It wears the bones of its prey! :D
Plus I love how Vullaby is wearing a skull XD

Bluekit121

Little Miss Lucario
I have to say I really like Mandibuzz when it comes to flying types. It's looks are cool and attack is sick! :D

Bluekit121

Little Miss Lucario
I never have sound on, mainly cause the sound bugs the rest of my family. xD
Anyways, I'm beginning to get the urge to hunt shinies... o_O

Bluekit121

Little Miss Lucario
Haha, I have earbuds that came with my original DS, I'll use them when I play later today. Thanks!
On topic: Anyone know of a good water-type (besides Pansear and the Oshawott line) that are good in an offensive team?