• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Oh well..
I usually don't rely on Critical hits, but I do run Focus Energy/Slash combo sometimes.

Heh...Focus Energy+Sniper combo is FUN.
Pretty much any pokemon that my Kingdra's up against is just ruined after set up.
I don't care if it's unreliable-it works and I'm happy with it

AuraLucario333

Aura Trainer!
Help with online team?

(( I am very sorry if this post does not belong here, so please don't yell at me as I am new ;n; ))

I have 3 problems, and if someone could help me with just ONE of them that would be great.

1.) I really want an ev. trained online team, but I don't understand some of the strategies people use. Like good moves sets for certain pokes and good teams to use. I know the basic set ups. like have a good wall, good phy. and sp. attacker, someone who can set up for a sweep, etc, etc. I just need some ideas and common tactics and moves.

2.) I dont know much about the 5 gen. I don't even know most of the names. is there and easy place to find those stats and info at?

3.) Before Black/White came out I was making a 4th gen online team. Should I keep doing that or scrap the project and add a few 5th gen?

Thanks in advance to anyone who just replies. Again I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
First this is the wrong section. If you don't know anything about competitive battling i suggest you first look it up on smogon and we also have a few guides here. Also another good place to battle is Pokemon Online. It's a battle simulator.

HydroSwampert

(( I am very sorry if this post does not belong here, so please don't yell at me as I am new ;n; ))

I have 3 problems, and if someone could help me with just ONE of them that would be great.

1.) I really want an ev. trained online team, but I don't understand some of the strategies people use. Like good moves sets for certain pokes and good teams to use. I know the basic set ups. like have a good wall, good phy. and sp. attacker, someone who can set up for a sweep, etc, etc. I just need some ideas and common tactics and moves.

2.) I dont know much about the 5 gen. I don't even know most of the names. is there and easy place to find those stats and info at?

3.) Before Black/White came out I was making a 4th gen online team. Should I keep doing that or scrap the project and add a few 5th gen?

Thanks in advance to anyone who just replies. Again I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place

I would suggest joining one of our Clans here for some advice and help. There's a lot of people that will be willing to help you here, so I would suggest getting some help! You can get your fellow Clan Members then to help you answer the three questions probably better than I could.

To join a Clan , then just scroll down to the Clan Section on the main Forum , and then pick out one that you like!

I hope that I helped! :D

jolteon27

Epic & Electric
to answer no.2, yes its the serebii.net pokedex

AuraLucario333

Aura Trainer!
I would suggest joining one of our Clans here for some advice and help. There's a lot of people that will be willing to help you here, so I would suggest getting some help! You can get your fellow Clan Members then to help you answer the three questions probably better than I could.

To join a Clan , then just scroll down to the Clan Section on the main Forum , and then pick out one that you like!

I hope that I helped! :D

Thanks a lot! i'll be sure to do that!

HydroSwampert

Ok. I think that it's time for a new Discussion here. Hmmm..... Let's talk about Politoed . He/she brings out heavy Rain when he/she (from now on in this Post , I'm going to say he) enters the Battle , but how do you like to have your Politoed set-up in-Battle , competitively for now. I have a Choice Specs on mine, and then four Special Attacking Moves . Hopefully, he can take our my opponent's Lead rather quickly, maybe even before he/she can make a Move . Maybe he can even do some damage to another Pokemon , and maybe even take it further. I've heard of some other set-ups for a Politoed , but I don't want to explain all of the ones that I know, even though that's only a couple. Anyways, how do you use your Politoed competitively, if you use one competitively?

Also, has anyone used a Politoed in-Game ? If so, how, and how did it go?

I might use one sometime. I'll see! :p :D :)

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
I don't use rain teams at all, so i have never really used Politoed. I haven't use him in game at all either. I have used Poliwrath though. If i were to use one competitively it would be based around my team. A defense one if it was a stall team or a choice scarf else where.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
never used politoed. Used a Poliwrath with Hypnosis and Focus Punch once which wasn't bad.

Skegs

I used Politoed In-Game and it worked fine for me. I believe it had
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- ??? Maybe Hypnosis, I forget.

HydroSwampert

To bring up a new Discussion , what is everyone's favorite type of Competitive Team ? There's a lot of possibilities. Mine is probably my Team with a main Sweeper , whatever that is called. :p I also like Rain Teams , and balanced Teams ! :p

Also, if you have one that you like to use in-Game , then you can say that too. I usually just used a balanced Team , if not always! :p

What about you?

I tend to use rain teams more during competitive plays. Politoed plus Rotom W and Dragonite combo rocks. I love how Hurricane, Thunder, and Hydro Pump messes up the opponent's strategy. Toxicroak is a good choice too.

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
I tend to build bulky offense type teams. If you play OU now, the teams you need to build really need pokemon to counter the main types of teams like rain stall.