• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
dog-Mightyena
Mightyena could work as the dog's equivalent (despite being partially based on hyenas, which aren't canines), but I was thinking more about Houndour (or even Houndoom) for the dog.

rat-Raichu
Rattata or Raticate would've been my first choice, since they're much closer to rats than Raichu's evolution line. Plus, it's literally in their names.

Last edited:
i had already chosen a lot of fire types and i don't like Stoutland, Mightyena was the only one left

i think of Whimsicott as a goat because of its ram-like horn-things it have

i don't like Raticate, Pikachu is a electric Mouse, Raichu looks better and is still a rodent

yes, but it isn't as impressive as Infernape -that although he has the word ape on his name, he really is a monkey-
... but whatever, i thought the idea was for you to create your own personal chinese/poké zodiac, those were the pokémon i lke the most to represent each sign

Last edited:

Larry

Mightyena could work as the dog's equivalent (despite being partially based on hyenas, which aren't canines), but I was thinking more about Houndour (or even Houndoom) for the dog.

And Growlithe and Arcanine.

XXD17

Draco rex
Chinese zodiac..let's see

rat- rattata
ox- tauros
tiger- raikou/ arcanine (really a dog but it has the tiger color scheme)
rabbit- buneary
dragon- dragonite (the only friendly looking dragon of the bunch) rayquaza or accuracy's sake
snake- serperior
horse- ponyta
ram/ goat- Whimsicott, flaaffy, cobalion, they all work
monkey- monferno
rooster- combusken, unfezant
dog- houndoom, herdier
pig/ boar- tepig, emboar

RegiGuy

Highly competitive
Yes, I am a rattata.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I just had a great battle in my Platinum. I was fighting my rival in Canalave city and I started with Drifblim, he started with Staraptor. I stockpiled three times and baton passed to my Anorith, level 38. By now, Staraptor had used Double Team and maxed out its evasion so it was really hard to hit. Luckily, Anorith had crazy defenses so it was all a matter of whittling down Staraptor's health with recoil from Take Down (after it ran out of PP for Aerial Ace) and refilling with Hyper Potions. After a couple of excruciating minutes, Anorith finally exterminated Staraptor.

Next my rival sends out Floatzel. Anorith starts with Hyper Cutter, which is pitifully weak. I keep using it and it gets stronger, however. I frequently have to use Hyper Potions to keep Anorith healthy. In this battle, I realized that Hyper Cutter continues to get more powerful for as long as Anorith is in battle, even when it's not used consecutively. This means I got rid of Floatzel after my Hyper Cutter became more powerful. It kept getting more powerful as I went on to the other members of my rival's team. I basically wiped the floor with them.

Long story short, Anorith swept my rival's team after a slow start. To make my day even better, Anorith reached level 40 in that battle and evolved into the fearsome Armaldo! That was basically the best battle I've ever had.

RegiGuy

Highly competitive
Amazing battle story man. Where did you get the Anorith though?

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I traded over the Anorith from my Pearl. I was mad that I couldn't get a Cranidos from the underground in my Platinum, so I decided to trade something over to take its potential place in my party. I decided on Anorith and I haven't regretted it one bit.

Rob-bot

More of a technical problem...I was just doing my thing on Soul Silver, then saved, switched off my DS and went to do something else. Came back an hour later, start it up, select my save, and I get a black screen and music playing quieter than it should. Does anybody know what the hell is going on and if there's a fix?

Also I can't SR from the black screen, and when I close my DS the music keeps playing. The music keeps playing even if I take the game cartridge out.

RegiGuy

Highly competitive
You should either try hitting your ds a couple of times, or find a ds repairman.

Larry

More of a technical problem...I was just doing my thing on Soul Silver, then saved, switched off my DS and went to do something else. Came back an hour later, start it up, select my save, and I get a black screen and music playing quieter than it should. Does anybody know what the hell is going on and if there's a fix?

Also I can't SR from the black screen, and when I close my DS the music keeps playing. The music keeps playing even if I take the game cartridge out.

Is it your DS or your game having the problem.

You should either try hitting your ds a couple of times, or find a ds repairman.

Don't listen to this guy.

RegiGuy

Highly competitive
I think that Larry's suggestion is a little better than mine. Regardless, I'm finally glad I learned how to RNG!!!!

RegiGuy

Highly competitive
I think a diglett has two microscopic heads on its side underground, which is why it evolves into a dugtrio.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I think a diglett has two microscopic heads on its side underground, which is why it evolves into a dugtrio.

Or maybe it joins with other Digletts and that makes it a Dugtrio, like Magnemite and Magneton.
Or it could be that Magnemite has two magnetic, microscopic atoms that grow when it evolve and turn it into Magneton.

Maybe a third evolution for Diglett?

RegiGuy

Highly competitive
Would you rather RNG a shiny or shiny hunt for a shiny?

I'd rather RNG for one, it's much faster.