• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Do you require a Gen 4 exclusive TM or move tutor? Yes

If you require a Gen 5 exclusive egg move or the Hidden Ability, it would be detrimental to breed in Gen 4.

If neither of the above matters, then it really doesn't matter.

Okay, Swords Dance Cradily does not require any Hidden Ability so I'll be okay.

AshandPoochyena

Dark Type Master
Yeah because most of them turn into Fighting types which rule!! Me on a couple games like FireRed where Charizard is kickass, Emboar is pretty cool! But the rest is water becuase Swampert is only weak to well grass... And Empoleon has lots of resists. But most of the grass type starers have lots of weakness and don't have many good moves.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
Anyone have an idea where I could find a Pokemon legality checking thread?

DCFan

The Flame Jacobite
which Team should i use for Black and White 2?

Surperior
Amphroas
Vaporeon

OR

Surperior
Azumaril
Espon

I haven't decided what the other three memberts of my team will be

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Zoroark and Mienshao

Has anyone noticed how they kinda are opposites?They both have similar stats[the same base stat total],they both look like they wear makeup

Could Zoroark be like a rebel Mienshao?look at it this way:

-Mienshao is based of shaolin monks or whatever they are so...its head it's bald while Zoroark has this huge mane.

-Mienshao is disciplined and physical based while Zoroark is wild and plays tricks with its illusions and it's special based

-they both have the same defenses

-their speed is the same

-they are both very skinny

-their hind legs each have 3 claws

-they both kinda look like they are wearing pants

-the shape of their heads are very similar

they learn moves at the same levels until level 29

So,in my opinion,Zoroark is the deviled,rebel,evil version of Mienshao.It's similar to the Gengar-Clefable situation...Gengar apparently is the shadow of Clefable

Discuss...

Theophilus

TheStupidestQuagsire
I would actually very much agree with this, seeing as both of them only have 1 pre-evolution and they do have VERY similar base stats it's just that the special attack, and physical attack are pretty much switched

Haunter55

I actually think Zoroark's opposite is Lucario. But I don't have anything to back it up stats wise.

i agree with this im still too lazy to look up the stats though... and mienshao has those weird deformed arms...

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
*Claps hands at another pokemon theory*

God I feel like I am on the 6th floor again...

Zoroark to me looks a bit like mienshao in terms of how they stand, but looking at how they act like mascots, lucario and zoroark would be cool too.

Alex048

Master of the Mind
In addition, you can also look at:
-same number of syllables in names (Japanese)
-shiny and regular sprite colors appear reversed

gliscor&yanmega

I kind of doubt it, Zoroark is likely based on the Kitsune, so it's meant to just be a mischievous Pokemon as it's based on a legend of a mischievous creature(I'm not 100% sure on the legend but it's something along those lines).

I doubt there was any intention of having Zoroark and Mienshao related in anyway.

Stay Gold

BattleSubway Trainer
This is kind of like how Gyarados and Milotic are mirrors of one another. Both evolve from weak fish Pokemon, but Gyarados is ugly (that's why its called the Atrocious Pokemon) while Milotic is all about beauty. Interesting stuff :p

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
I can kind of see it, though there are a bit of differences in physiology. Mienshao has a tail, Zoroark has claws, longer legs, etc. Still, interesting theory.

davidchu

Your WORST nightmare
I think you ppl just mean fast and frail mix attackers (1st evolutions) in general
like houndoom and sharpedo sorta?

Last edited:

TheEliteEmpoleon

which Team should i use for Black and White 2?

Surperior
Amphroas
Vaporeon

OR

Surperior
Azumaril
Espon

I haven't decided what the other three memberts of my team will be

I would say the first one but you might not want to be picking half your team so early.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
In addition, you can also look at:
-same number of syllables in names (Japanese)
-shiny and regular sprite colors appear reversed

Thanx^^

I think you ppl just mean fast and frail mix attackers (1st evolutions) in general
like houndoom and sharpedo sorta?

Houndoom and Sharpedo are not opposites.Well...they are when it comes to typing but that's it but think Gyarados and Milotic

I have found another similarity!Mienfoo and Zorua both have two large dots on their foreheads.Another detail that supports my theory

Last edited:

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
There are some similarities, but I think a lot of that could be coincidence, though. Several Pokemon share a couple stats or stat totals or move levels.

But most of all, Ken Sugimori said in an interview that Mienfoo and Mienshao were added in to the game late in development because they didn't think there were enough fighting-types. They hadn't done kung fu yet, and he remarked that most fighting-types looked human-like so he wanted to make an animal-like one. (Although I wouldn't say "most"...) So if they intended Mienshao to be a parallel, they only thought of it later, after Zoroark was most likely already developed. Also, he never mentioned a connection between the two in this interview, and they were mentioning all lot of stuff like that about what Pokemon were intended to be.

You're right about Fighting-types and Dark-types being opposites, though. Fighting represented fighting with honor and dignity, like a samurai. Dark represents fighting dirty, dishonorably, cheating. This is why a lot of Dark moves are things like Thief, Fake Tears, Faint Attack, Beat Up, and Sucker Punch (which is named Ambush in Japan.) This is why Dark-types are weak to Fighting-type moves. Honor trumps dishonor.

I'd be more inclined to think that if Zoroark had an opposite, it'd be Lucario. Both are the new class of "mascot Pokemon" that Game Freak has seemingly created (by which I mean those heavily-advertised Pokemon who aren't legendary, are one of the first to be revealed and star in a movie before the game comes out.) Also, Lucario can see hidden things and Zoroark hides thing. Zoroark creates illusions and Lucario has the power to see the truth.

Houndoom and Sharpedo are not opposites.Well...they are when it comes to typing but that's it but think Gyarados and Milotic

I think he was saying that Houndoom and Sharpedo are frail mixed attackers, not that they're opposites.

Last edited: