• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

I find it funny that the pokemon are opposites they are hard to evolve at an early stage and transform into some of th strongest pokemon ever

Mainly because Magikarp is far more common than Feebas. You could only find Feebas in two locations before Gen 5, Route 119 in Hoenn, and Mt. Coronet in DPPt. Magikarp was, literally, everywhere.

PheonixDeath1

Feebas was hard to find before so when you finally got it into a milotic you felt happy.
Meanwhile Magikarp kept making annoying sounds and dying in battles

Mew The Gato

They both are special in their own way and both of them signify the reward for having patience. Both of them require patience to evolve - Magikarp is hectic to level up because it cannot fend for itself, while Feebas has to maximize its beauty.

They do have similarly low stats, but Feebas is much more rare, while Magikarp is common. (Inverted in Unova, if you do not count the salesman who gives you the Magikarp, as you have to complete your Unova Pokedex to catch one otherwise in B2W2, while it is impossible in BW.) Feebas can learn TMs, which is an advantage over Magikarp, which kind of makes up for its ugly appearance. Upon evolution, though, Gyarados has a better movepool than Milotic when it comes to variety, but cannot use all of them well.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Despite both families sharing similar stas, I think Feebas theme is more about an ugly Pokemon that becomes beatiful if given a chance.
It's basicly a Magikarp for Pokemon Contests.

What this post has said.

water_master64

Who here likes water types?! Aren't they amazing! Btw, I'm new to Serebii Forums :)

AceOfSpadez

I Am The Law
So on the Feebas/Magikarp subject, who do you like better?
Milotic or Gyarados?

In my opinion, Gyarados is better. Reminds me of the good old days where you didn't have to be a Dragon type to be a dragon.

flamebeam

DAYN-JUH ZONE!
Try the Insert Image button.
It has a picture of a tree.
Click there and put the image Url ^_^

But please don't post it again here.
Or wlse you'll get an infraction for double posting!
Sorry for moding...--'

that's not double posting.
and nutter told me that images don't work in this thread
and one day, those little kids will grow out of CoD and play a real man's game: Pokémon

water_master64

For me, its hard to choose. Both are really awesome. But I would have to pick Gyarados because he is nostalgic. :)

TheEliteEmpoleon

I do like both Gyarados and Milotic a lot, but I'm gonna have to say I like Milotic a tad more, just because it is a little rarer, and I think it's more interesting.

And water_master64, after searching in the clubs section of the forums, I found this:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?603381-The-Water-Type-Club

Its the forum's club for people who like water types as much as you seem to do. Check it out if you want.