• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

MeganCarter

Joke for the fans of all Pokemon generations! (Is a joke even allowed on this thread? It wasn't specified, and I couldn't quickly find a thread for Pokemon jokes, and I HOPE that I'm doing nothing wrong) What do you get when you cross Pokemon Scarlet and Violet with a failed attempt to clone Mew? Give up, everyone? Okay then, the answer is: (And I HOPE that all non-punny letters are spelled correctly) Spriggaditto! Get it?! lol. (Cross between Spriggatitto and Ditto-Ditto, according to Pokemon lore for lesser-learned Pokemon fans, is a failed clone of Mew. Why else can ONLY those two Pokemon learn Transform?)

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I will never agree with anyone that says Pokemon is for kids. The reality is that most Pokemon fans nowadays got into it as kids but have since aged out of its target demographic.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I will never agree with anyone that says Pokemon is for kids. The reality is that most Pokemon fans nowadays got into it as kids but have since aged out of its target demographic.
I was actually 13 when RB were released. I remember seeing kids constantly playing the games and that there were rumors being spread around about “secrets” in the games. One of them were about a group of Pokémon that had very special evolutions and they were called Pokégods. The only ones I remember are Nidolord which came from Nidoqueen (even though it really should have been called Nidolady), Nidogod for Nidoking, and Marill (while it was still commonly known as Pikablu) was Pikachu. The way you supposedly got them was from an ultra rare evolution stone called the Mist Stone that was only one per game and could evolve every single Pokémon and the Stone was found in a secret location in Cerulean Cave and you had to do certain steps to get it. Ho-oh was also supposed to be found nearby.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So I recently realized my boyfriend's birthday is on the same day as Pokémon Day.

I had to convince him not only to let me watch the presentation, but that he watch with me. The trade off is that I buy him Pokémon Violet.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
So I recently realized my boyfriend's birthday is on the same day as Pokémon Day.

I had to convince him not only to let me watch the presentation, but that he watch with me. The trade off is that I buy him Pokémon Violet.
Aw that's cute. I hope y'all have a great time watching the Presents and playing the games together.

Pokemon Power

One week to go until Pokemon Day 2023. You know, I've been thinking for the last few weeks. With Game Boy, GB Color and GB Advance titles now on Switch Online, people like myself have been speculating that the mainline titles from Generations 1-3 will be re-released in some form, either on the service or a separate re-release, and that the GB and GBC games will be compatible with Stadium 1 and 2 on the N64 app. That leaves the GBA games, and that got me wondering. With Gamecube titles being remastered in recent years, do you think there's a chance for Pokemon Colosseum and XD to get the remastered treatment on Switch?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
One week to go until Pokemon Day 2023. You know, I've been thinking for the last few weeks. With Game Boy, GB Color and GB Advance titles now on Switch Online, people like myself have been speculating that the mainline titles from Generations 1-3 will be re-released in some form, either on the service or a separate re-release, and that the GB and GBC games will be compatible with Stadium 1 and 2 on the N64 app. That leaves the GBA games, and that got me wondering. With Gamecube titles being remastered in recent years, do you think there's a chance for Pokemon Colosseum and XD to get the remastered treatment on Switch?
I think Colosseum and XD would actually work well if they did get a remastered edition where both games were combined into one game. Data limitations is no longer a problem and both are essentially the same game with the story mode and Pokémon available to catch and own and how Shadow Rush worked being different and XD adding more Shadow moves.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Aw that's cute. I hope y'all have a great time watching the Presents and playing the games together.

It took six months for me to convince him to buy a Nintendo Switch, but now he's obsessed with it. lol

I do hope it's a good presentation for the both of us.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Personally, I can see any of the following being announced during the presents:
  • Updates for Scarlet & Violet:
    • Announcement for the DLC
    • A release date for Home connectivity & the next patch update
    • The next 7 Star Raid event
  • Updates coming to Go & Masters
  • A new pokémon added to Unite &/or Café Remix
  • The Gens 1-3 games coming to the Nintendo Switch, whether through the NSO or their own special collection
  • A teaser for the next TCG series
  • A trailer for the new anime featuring Liko & Roy

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm not expecting to see any rereleases of the older Pokemon titles until the 30th anniversary in 2026.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
My guesses for Monday:

Updates on Pokemon Smile (gen 3 Pokemon added) and reveal of Pokemon Sleep
Updates and special events for Pokemon GO/Masters EX/Cafe Re-Mix
Detective Pikachu 2 teaser reveal
New Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (That or a DX version of Explorers (Chunsoft being listed in the copyright codes for the site gives me hope))
Update on Pokemon Home for SV compatibility
DLC roadmap for SV (concept art of the new area unlocked in the northwest part of Paldea. Tease reveal of the 3 Pokemon from the books; Paradox Suicune, Paradox Virizon and the 3rd Legendary "Disc" Pokemon)

I do not see gens 1-3 getting added to the NSO library. Not only do I believe its a code nightmare for trading to and from Home, but why would GF and TPCi put these games out for minimum subscription fees when they can launch remakes and remasters whenever they want and charge for full price at 60-70 dollars.

Its also a longshot, but I'm all for Black 3/White 3 and Legends: Celebi.

Pokemon Power

My guesses for Monday:

Updates on Pokemon Smile (gen 3 Pokemon added) and reveal of Pokemon Sleep
Updates and special events for Pokemon GO/Masters EX/Cafe Re-Mix
Detective Pikachu 2 teaser reveal
New Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (That or a DX version of Explorers (Chunsoft being listed in the copyright codes for the site gives me hope))
Update on Pokemon Home for SV compatibility
DLC roadmap for SV (concept art of the new area unlocked in the northwest part of Paldea. Tease reveal of the 3 Pokemon from the books; Paradox Suicune, Paradox Virizon and the 3rd Legendary "Disc" Pokemon)
I think most of that stuff is likely.
I do not see gens 1-3 getting added to the NSO library. Not only do I believe its a code nightmare for trading to and from Home, but why would GF and TPCi put these games out for minimum subscription fees when they can launch remakes and remasters whenever they want and charge for full price at 60-70 dollars.
There's the possibility that they might release them in a compilation title instead. Because I imagine it would be hard to remove restore points and rewind for only select games on the service.
Its also a longshot, but I'm all for Black 3/White 3 and Legends: Celebi.
I do believe we'll get a follow-up to Legends in the future. My bet is that in contrast to Legends Arceus, which took place in the distant past, the next Legends could take place in the distant future.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
My predictions are:
SV DLC with at least two waves and approximate dates of release with the first having us explore Area Zero even more with a sudden outbreak of Pokémon from the that is causing Fossils and Hissuian forms to roam around as a result of the time machine suddenly reactivating somehow. The Legendary Paradoxes and third Legendary are also hinted.

SV connectivity to Home date.

Reveal of the next Pokémon animated movie that stars Calyrex and its Steeds and has AU Ash helping Calyrex restore its powers to help the Crown Tundra which is currently suffering from a food shortage.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The Pokemon Day Presentation has happened. We got the official announcement of both Pokemon Sleep and the SV DLC, among other things.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Pokémon Sleep… Meh.
SV DLC… Yay!
No new Mystery Dungeon game or Mystery Dungeon remake… Why?!
None of the Gen 1-3 games being announced for the Nintendo Switch… Why?!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Pokémon Sleep… Meh.
SV DLC… Yay!
No new Mystery Dungeon game or Mystery Dungeon remake… Why?!
None of the Gen 1-3 games being announced for the Nintendo Switch… Why?!
I wasn't expecting GB/GBA games this year.. it would been too early.

Pokémon Red/Blue was the last Classic Gameboy game added to the eShop. Only Gold and Silver released before Crystal, which was the last GBC game, which makes the last 7 games in the 3DS GB FC, all mainline Pokémon games.

The Pokémon Puzzle league was the last "regular" GBC game.

Actually only the SNES 3DS games only VC games after Red/Blue/Yellow, at least in Europe.

greninjamaster

Shockingly quiet direct tbh. The Netflix Series is being mostly ignored but it's understandable. That's just an appetizer to the main course. If you guys have seen my posts on here I've been very adamant that Netflix is going to do a live action Pokemon adaptation of the OS featuring the technology crew from Detective Pikachu. That wasn't for just giggles.