• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Pomeg Glitch Thread

Do you think this is Cheating?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO

I am watching you...
It has come to my attention that people continue to ask about what the pomeg glitch is. And I hope by making this thread it will stop the annoying posts asking what it is.

So here it is: (note: Thanks to WhiteWizard42 for these steps)

to begin with, have a level 40 or so pokemon with at least 10 HP EVs, and an egg. don't have any other active pokemon in your party, though another egg is fine. BE SURE YOU'RE PLAYING EMERALD. it helps to have a secret base with gardevoirs or latios that know memento, for easy leveling.

1) Put the level 40 pokemon in the first slot of your party.
2) Use it in battle, get it down to 1 HP (i suggest getting poisoned, which i usually do by fishing up a tentacool with an old rod and using non-attacking moves until poison sting poisons)
3) Use a pomeg berry on it, it should go to 0 HP and have the (FNT) as its status. If you poisoned it, use a full heal, antidote, or pecha (i think that's the poison-curing berry) on it. If you don't, you'll white out when you take 4 more steps.
4) Switch the egg's position with your level 40 pokemon.
5) Get into a battle. You should send out the egg. (if you have a memento base, use it now.)
6) In my experience, the battle will end after one turn if you don't use revive on your level 40 as the first action (so, don't pick an attack to use, just use a revive on the pokemon you used the pomeg on).
7) Once a pokemon gains enough EXP to go from level 5 to level 6, it will say "EGG grew to level 6!". After you've racked up enough to get to 16 (in Charmander's case), the egg will evolve into Charmeleon. Once that gets to 36, the Charmeleon will evolve into Charizard.

If you have Gardevoir/Latios memento bases, they should be able to get it to level 36 in just 2 battles. So, you get a level 5 Charizard, and all you have to use is 2 revives, 2 pomegs, and probably 2 full heals.

PROS:

Able to Use Dragonite/Tyranitar in Battle Tower/Frontier under "Lv. 50"
Learn moves you'd have to go to the Move Tutor to learn.(the one that lets you re-learn moves)

CONS:
None so far!

Hope I helped!

~ ;000; MM ;000; ~

Last edited:

Kijuna

Considering pretty much the whole point of level 50 is to weed out Tyanitar and Dragonite and the like...

Yeah, cheating.

h0tsh0tz

Cool glitch, althought cheating, people will suspect you have level 50 tyran, drago, salam, when they evloves at 55.

Shiny Crobat

Salam doesn't evolve at 55 at 50

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
PROS:

Able to Use Dragonite/Tyranitar in Battle Tower/Frontier under "Lv. 50"
Learn moves you'd have to go to the Move Tutor to learn.

CONS:
Not a major, but when you evolve the egg, the pokemon the egg evolved from won't be in the Pokedex.

a pomeg-glitched egg won't learn any moves it wouldn't have normally. what are you talking about with respect to move tutors?

and actually, say you haven't had pupitar in your pokedex. if you pomeg a larvitar all the way up to tyranitar, you will get pupitar in your pokedex in the process.

the only things this is actually useful for is getting level 50 tyranitar, dragonite, and agiligross (metagross with agility). anything else you can legitimately get at level 50 without this glitch.

please post in the glitch discussion sticky...

Status
Not open for further replies.