• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Shiny Discussion Of D/P 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilbert25

Casual Gamer
I have a grand total of 4 shiny pokemon. Dustox, Rosailia, Gastrodon(pink) and my favorite, Swellow. I only got two of them, Gastrodon and Swellow. XD I was EV training my Leafeon at 2 in the morning, I was getting pritty tired but I, like the rebelious teen I am, didn't want to go to bed. So I resumed playing. Earlier that day I said to my friend that I would love ANY shiny, save for a Shellos. Yeah...She showed up maybe 30 minutes after I said that. 1st shiny seen and cought sence Gold's Red Gyrados.

As I have said, I also caught a Swellow, my favorite. I was chaining for Absol for my friend, getting pritty ****** off because it kept breaking for no reason. Well finally, Swellow randomly showed up, I desided to follow it thinking it would be cool to get a green Swellow, not thinking I would actually get one, right? Chain 10, I see the shiny wiggle grass.

Not too long ago, about 2 weeks I think, I was chaining for Eevee, like for the MILLIONTH time. Frigin' Eevee don't like me! Anyways, I randomly desided to follow this chain of Rosailia, just for fun, change it up a little. Friggin' 7th chain and I see the Shiny Wiggle Grass again! I nearly died. I got her, she was pritty good in my opinion. Gave her to my BF who ALSO got me a Shiny Rosailia. XD Now we have a matching pair!

I just have to tell you about Wesker, the Dustox! Not mine, my BF caught him for me. 1st day D/P came out, right? We're playing and chatting on the phone, he makes it to that forest before me...He stops and asks me, "What colour is Wurmple?" I tell him it looks pinkinsh red, and he tells me, "Well...this one's Purple..." I think I wanted to strangle him.

Yeah...Those are my Shiny Stories, not as cool as some peoples, but they're mine.

Those stories are pretty good you have hsad more luck than me finding shinys.

help

Wi-fi name is Spice

S.H.L

Blah just battle
i dont get how people get shiny legendaries i know how to get normal ones but what about legendaries

Lol All you have to do is just Soft Reset. Soft reseting is the Tactic that we as shiny hundters use to get shinies mainly Legendaries because obviously we cant chain for them. SRing takes ALOT!!!!!!! of patience most of the time and you will get frustrated, but if you are really lucky like the guy that got a shiny oPalkia in like 16 SR's then you dont have any thing to worry about, alothough most of the time it will take a long time to get one. The average amount of time I get mine would be in Oh I would say about 2-4 weeks.

I just decided shiny mudkip rocks, so I did 3-4000 SResets this weekend, and the zigzagoon and the mudkip have neither been shiny. I hope I get one soon. Does anyone here have a shiny mudkip?

ryusabre

I have a shiny Zangoose. Got it while breeding them. First shiny I ever got. I've also got a Marowak that I found as a Cubone.

Cain

RAWR
Just caught a shiny remoraid by random encounter... :)

Wow, I'm jealous. Octillery is just about my favourite Shiny out there. in fact, I'm fishing in Sunyshore hoping to encounter a Shiny Octillery. Haven't got much done as of late, though, I've been loaded down with homework. Oh well, I have a 4 day weekend next week, so I'll get some done then.

zombietrudy

My first shiny!! =]
After I got my chain to 40 I started resetting and went through like, 20 MRs. Then I decided to contine the chain and got to 55. After more resetting I was about to give up but there, one patch south of me, it sparkled!!
It's a male Shinx, I named him "Lux" after my other Shinx, but with a star at each end.
Whee I'm so happy :3

GhostRenegade

Elements Enforcer
i remember my first shiny. i was hunting for a shiny duskull, and i had just started chaining for the first time, and out of nowhere on my 2nd chain i found a shiny red duskull, i couldn't believe it.

Last edited by a moderator:

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
It is so amazing all thew shinies some people have!!!! i only have 1!(mightena) i am atempting to get up my shiny numbers but it it hard! wat pokemon do u guys think has the best shiny form?

Scythe

hey people it's been a while since i posted and i do mean a long time. I've got another swablu while i was away i'll see if i can get pics for you lot if you want

Last edited:

jordy123

Guardian Of Eterna
hey

just got a shiny cranidos...i now have 2 shiny cranidos..
and ermm just been training my shiny omantye and lapras

good luck to everyone with hunting

Scythe

congrats on the cranidos

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~

Pictures?

I might try SRing for a Shiny Driflloon this Friday, I won't change the day as I want the Drifloon to be on the day it is on that moment, I mean that it doesn't say April 18th, 2008 when it's April 16th, 2008 for example.

Shinies somehow love me

I saw a noctowl at sendoff spring, so i caught it. I wanted to train him at route 213/214, when it happened. I was like: what the f***, girafarig with blue nose and hooves??? Hes mine.
So i caught it.
After that i wanted to migrate some pokemon.
So i walked to pal park, when i saw a gold like mesprit. I used a quick ball, and i got it.
I traded ho-oh from collo, and lugia from XD to my sapphire.
I selected some other pokemon to migrate. 1 of those was my houndoom.
When i got the pokemon from pal park, i wanted to see their stats. I saw something i never noticed before, how strange it may sound: he had a silver "beak" and tail, or whatever it is.
I looked at the others, and i noticed a small red star at my lugia.
I was really surprised when i noticed its colours wherent normal.
I ran to my brother, to show it. I also saw my houndoom was blue. He wasnt very surprised, but asked me if i took a look at by key items today.
I said no, and he asked me to look in my bag. He somehow messed with my game, because i saw i had new items. Probably the most sought after items by some people: the Azure Flute, Member Card and Oak's Letter.
I flew to canalave to make a dream come true: i got a Darkrai.
After that i hurried to route 224 for Shaymin.
I gave my thanks to my brother.
As the only pokemon i still needed to complete my national dex, i visited arceus.
After SRing 3 times, i got the Ultimate Dream for every collector: a yellow/gold like Arceus.
Easy to understand, i was very happy.
But i cant find something special at rowan and oak.
Wasnt 1 of them supposed to give me a new star on my trainercard?

Status
Not open for further replies.