• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Shiny Discussion Of D/P 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Shinies somehow love me

I saw a noctowl at sendoff spring, so i caught it. I wanted to train him at route 213/214, when it happened. I was like: what the f***, girafarig with blue nose and hooves??? Hes mine.
So i caught it.
After that i wanted to migrate some pokemon.
So i walked to pal park, when i saw a gold like mesprit. I used a quick ball, and i got it.
I traded ho-oh from collo, and lugia from XD to my sapphire.
I selected some other pokemon to migrate. 1 of those was my houndoom.
When i got the pokemon from pal park, i wanted to see their stats. I saw something i never noticed before, how strange it may sound: he had a silver "beak" and tail, or whatever it is.
I looked at the others, and i noticed a small red star at my lugia.
I was really surprised when i noticed its colours wherent normal.
I ran to my brother, to show it. I also saw my houndoom was blue. He wasnt very surprised, but asked me if i took a look at by key items today.
I said no, and he asked me to look in my bag. He somehow messed with my game, because i saw i had new items. Probably the most sought after items by some people: the Azure Flute, Member Card and Oak's Letter.
I flew to canalave to make a dream come true: i got a Darkrai.
After that i hurried to route 224 for Shaymin.
I gave my thanks to my brother.
As the only pokemon i still needed to complete my national dex, i visited arceus.
After SRing 3 times, i got the Ultimate Dream for every collector: a yellow/gold like Arceus.
Easy to understand, i was very happy.
But i cant find something special at rowan and oak.
Wasnt 1 of them supposed to give me a new star on my trainercard?

sorry but i can't believe a word of that, basically because its clear your brother hacked your game and added the 3 items necessary to get those 3 pokemon, which means he's more than likely enabled a shiny code as well{hence why the 3-5 shinies}{also probably the reason he wasn't surprised to see the blue koundoom , is because of aforementioned shiny code}, which basically makes your game completely worthless now, as you can't be sure what your brothers done to your game, or what codes hes enabled.

Last edited:

jordy123

Guardian Of Eterna
yes i agree with above..the story seems incredibly unlikely and i also think someone has used the shiny code to hack into your game

and photos of my shiny cranidos asap dont know when that will be though sorry

good luck to everyone with shinies and thanks for congrats earlier

I dont really care that he used hacks. Else, no way we could get darkrai/shaymin/arceus.

A shiny code is impossible, as it would be temporary.
My DS wasnt on when i started playing.
On the way to arceus/shaymin i got alot pokemon, that werent shiny.

Is there a way to explain that?

Larry

I dont really care that he used hacks. Else, no way we could get darkrai/shaymin/arceus.

a shiny code isn't impossible because my friend has it...

jordy123

Guardian Of Eterna
there are shiny cheats and I understand you want the pokemon but why hack it defeats the enjoyment of maybe one day getting them. Just like if you hack shinies surely if you get a legitimate it cant mean much as you have so many. ..just a thought

jordy123

Guardian Of Eterna
there are shiny cheats and I understand you want the pokemon but why hack it defeats the enjoyment of maybe one day getting them. Just like if you hack shinies surely if you get a legitimate it cant mean much as you have so many. ..just a thought

Did the game freeze for a while before you encountered the shinies?

Anyways, snagged me 2 shiny eastern shelloses today. Both female, and mild and lax natured respectively. I want a relaxed one -.- Oh well, the chain is still going so i'll stop at 5 shiny ones or so.

Can none of you guys read?
If there was a cheat on, ALL pokemon would be shiny.
Wath happened to me, were just a few pokemon.
I found dozens of pokemon that were NORMAL!

*edit*

@ guy above me:

No, it was on normal speed.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Can none of you guys read?
If there was a cheat on, ALL pokemon would be shiny.
Wath happened to me, were just a few pokemon.
I found dozens of pokemon that were NORMAL!

*edit*

@ guy above me:

No, it was on normal speed.

Whilst i can accept the fact that a shiny code wasn't used, and i know that the shiny code is only temporary. The very fact that a cheat device has been used, can mess with the coding of your game, and since you don't know what your brother may have done, or what/how many cheats he used theres no way to know if they are legit shinies, or a product of your brothers hacking.

That being said, what do you mean that you saw the red star on X001 lugia once it was transferred, surely you would've noticed it was shiny when it was transferred to your sapphire, and lastly where did you capture houndoom.

Last edited:

Pablo

Next target
kirkeastment - Why do you bother with such people? They are better ignored and thus they leave as all they want is some attention. It's people like im that give Serebii a bad reputation when in fact it's a grat site.

jordy123

Guardian Of Eterna
kirkeastment - Why do you bother with such people? They are better ignored and thus they leave as all they want is some attention. It's people like im that give Serebii a bad reputation when in fact it's a grat site.

i couldnt agree more pablo..serebii really is a great site and we dont need people to hack and tell us about it

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio

honestly, i just really like to push people, just for laughs mostly.

anywho back on topic, SRing for uxie is getting most tiresome, but still at it, no new pokeradar shinies today as i'm taking a break

Queen_Lugia

The Soul of Silver
Why won't you shine, Drifloon?

I spent a good portion of this last Friday and some of Saturday SRing for a Shiny Drifloon, with no dice. :cries: Why must you torment me so, Drifloon? Why?

Cutty

Forever now
My latest shiny is Kricketot ;401;x3
I was planning to catch 4 but unfortunately 3rd one was in the edge n broke the chain. It rarely happens tho. I managed to catch 20 shinies of one kind a few times before without breaking anything.
Anyway I already got a female Kricketune prev. in Diamond from non-shiny patch, so these new ones just to complete the collection.^^

Congratz on your all new shinies too.

SuperStarly

There are the re-battle cheats... although they really mess up the story events and even the game itself. When I was using the re-battle Palkia cheat quite some time ago, I found Keira standing by the west wing of Hearthome City with Buneary on top of her. Now I can't change it, so I guess that's one of the many punishments of hacking.

That being said, what do you mean that you saw the red star on X001 lugia once it was transferred, surely you would've noticed it was shiny when it was transferred to your sapphire, and lastly where did you capture houndoom.

Lugia: i was half asleep when i got it. It was around 2:17 in the morning where i live
Houndoom: traded houndour from emerald

And you must love to hack.
And sorry to say, there is a permanent shiny action replay code

Action Replay is temporary. Get some information before you try being smart.

Larry

Lugia: i was half asleep when i got it. It was around 2:17 in the morning where i live
Houndoom: traded houndour from emerald

Action Replay is temporary. Get some information before you try being smart.

Buddy you are a hacker there ARE permanent AR codes for shiny...My friend uses it....
LIVE WITH IT!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.