• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Shiny Discussion Of D/P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton

Red Cheat Master
Ive colloected two shinies. The first was just a wild pokemon that I ran into (lv 45 tentacruel) and the second was a fossil I dug up (lileep)

Hey are fossils' data preset?(Gender, IVs, Shiny or not)I already resurrected all my fossils but none were shiny so I switched of the DS. I am just asking if a fossil is shiny or not when you dig it up or when you resurrect it.

Anton

Red Cheat Master
Id dont think so. Ill find out for you. Ive dug up like 4 fossils that I need to change into pkmn so ill find out/

jolteon

Amante de Jolteon
Well, seeing as a fossil is a collectable item and you can have more than one of the same fossil now, I don't believe they are. If they were preset I'd imagine you would only be allowed one fossil in a list (such as having two Claw Fossil x1 's). Bear in mind this is just my speculation.

As for shinies, my very first venture in the Diamond Safari Zone, my very first pokemon I saw in there was a Shiny (pinkish) Wooper. I was so excited to see it, but I thought for sure I would screw up the catch. I am terrible at catching pokemon in the Safari Zone, which is why I don't go there that often. But, despite my lack of confidence, I saw success. I immediately threw a Safari Ball and caught it. Yay! ^_^

Okay thanks! Btw Jolteon, congrats on the shiny wooper! I havev't had any luck since I caught shiny shinx (who is now a lv.70 Luxray btw).

Speaking of the safari zone, last january on leaf green I saw i nice red ryhorn. I was going to catch it but it fled.:( Oh well... (I was stupid to kill that golden bellsprout which I saw last jan as well(on Lf))

JoyRide

Banned
Well, seeing as a fossil is a collectable item and you can have more than one of the same fossil now, I don't believe they are. If they were preset I'd imagine you would only be allowed one fossil in a list (such as having two Claw Fossil x1 's). Bear in mind this is just my speculation.

As for shinies, my very first venture in the Diamond Safari Zone, my very first pokemon I saw in there was a Shiny (pinkish) Wooper. I was so excited to see it, but I thought for sure I would screw up the catch. I am terrible at catching pokemon in the Safari Zone, which is why I don't go there that often. But, despite my lack of confidence, I saw success. I immediately threw a Safari Ball and caught it. Yay! ^_^

CONGRATS!

As for me I am collecting a lot of money from the old people to get me some Max Repels. For some reason on my game they wont get past 40. they have been at 40 for 3 weeks now

JoyRide

Banned

CONGRATS!

As for me I am collecting a lot of money from the old people to get me some Max Repels. For some reason on my game they wont get past 40. they have been at 40 for 3 weeks now

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Looks like I won the race for Shiny Pichu ^^
Just caught an Adamant Shiny Male Pichu with a chain of only 23 in Trophy Garden, now chaining up some more :)

myoga93

YOU...OBEY THE FIST!
one night, me and my friend were playing diamond and pearl (he has diamond and i have pearl) he went into the lost tower and the first pokemon he found was a shiny gastly the next morning i try my luck and the fifth pokemon i run into in there is a shiny gastly! coincidence? maybe, maybe not.

Pokedex_filler

Generic Human #8192
pure coincidence

pcamtz

<-- Hunting forever
I'm still chaining Ralts, it's so frustrating cause I can't get past 25! Also, my PC is broken so I can't post in the forums as often :S

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!
I got lucky today. :p I ran into a shiny cleffa on only the fourteenth link in the chain. I'm going to keep going in case I can run into more, but I'm more than satisfied already. ^-^ Clefairy is my favorite pokemon, lol.

Icicle

CONGRATS!

Just keep battling them. They'll eventually get up to level 60. Then give out lots of money.

Lol, I got max money from beating them as much as I did. xD!

I was trying for Shinx, Growlithe, and Sentret today on Diamond.. failed on all accounts. I'll keep trying though.. I'm taking a break to catch the Regis on Sapphire so I can catch (and maybe SR for a shiny) Regigigas(sp?)

I have 18 shinies and 3 are No good hacks obtained from trades.

I have most of my favorite pokemon in Shiny Form.

-Espacio-

Congrats to everyone who got a new shiny :D I still didn't get Eevee/Porygon yet :( But i did get a shiny Budew from GTS, but dont worry JoyRide, it doesn't count :p Now i am even more motivated to get it, good luck everyone :)

~*Olivertwist*~

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Forgot to say, yesterday I got a shiny Tentacool from a friend in a trade in Emerald..going to transfer it over to Diamond..

Currently going after nothing right now, have work soon..just randomly chaining Trophy Garden Pokemon..no success so far..

EDIT: Wrote this a while back but couldn't get it up..currently have a Pichu chain going, not getting my hopes up..
EDIT2: Chain broke at 24, will to be going after shiny Tauros now if I don't find Eevee

Last edited:

Zabi

Not really here.
ARGH! Had a chain of 25 Starly, and walked into the wrong grass. >< I was so close ot resetting the radar. Now it makes me want one more than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.