• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Shiny Discussion Of D/P

Status
Not open for further replies.
grats to presto and silverfusion w/ shiny palkias

gah i hate you eevee slugma -.-
i really need help getting a shiny eevee.. i want a shiny eevee really bad :C
my highestchain was 21 and it seriously takes forever just to find the 1st eevee at trophy garden.. an average of 30 mins just to start my chain..
i dont want to have a traded eevee cuz of OT so yeah...

lol i need more tips..help would be appreciated :D

-Espacio-

Congrats to everyone who got a new shiny, i hope to see you soon blasters, and congrats on the 40 chain SFF :D I stayed up late last night trying to get a shiny Zigzagoon, but i couldn't get more than 10 in a chain. Im going back to trying for Eevee/Porygon now. Wow, i just found an Eevee! I hope this chain doesn't break, i'm going to try to get it to 30 :) Good luck to everyone else!

~*Olivertwist*~

Kabuto

little punks!
I hate chaining. It makes shinies more common. And since I dont like to chain, everyones ahead of me >_>.

Still going for Porygon. We'll see how long.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Got 3 shiny Bagon the past few days in Pearl..going after shiny Shuckle and other shiny Pokemon..will upload videos when I can..All of them are female..

EDIT: Congrats on new shiny Pokemon..
EDIT: I think the natures are Lonely, Naughty and Naive..what one should I use?

Last edited:

Aqua_Maiden

Queen of the Abyss
Hi everyone today is my birthday. But besides that I've started SRing for a shiny Lileep. I hope I get it today, or maybe later this week. But congrats to everyone else, or good luck.

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Happy Birthday, Aqua_Maiden. I hope you get the shiny you're looking for.

Storm Dragoon, check the IVs of the Lonely and Naughty one. Use the one that has higher IVs. If their IVs are exactly the same (which is most likely not the case), use the Naughty one.

Edit: You know my 40 chain that I reached earlier today? Yeah, well, I'm now facing another shiny from it. My chain's now at 55, but I won't tell you how many shinies I've gotten from it. I plan to get much more, provided I don't make a stupid mistake...

Ninzeo

Got a shiny ABSOL in a chain of 40 few days ago! Unfortunately I directly tried to chain it up further and broke it...

I'm currently in a chain of 51 magnemite, I have been resetting for like 2/3 hours now and encountered 9 SHINIES! I accidentally killed 2 of them. Yes I know, that's extremely stupid! I killed the first one by critical hitting it and the second one by just blacking out and totally forgetting that it was ANOTHER shiny.
However, my chain is still not broken and I;m going to keep resetting until I get out of my remaining 140 max repels. I'm still very happy and shocked by the fact that I really got 7(which should have been 9, but hey...) shinies from a single chain.

Also got these shinies via trades on this forum:

- shiny Charizard
- shiny Charmander
- shiny Porygon
- shiny Larvitar
- shiny Trapinch

tinfoil

I started chaining Absol again today, and I got to around the same spot and it broke, again. This time it was a Wingull.

Black Widow

I put in about 200-300 resets for Kyogre in the car, but I don't suppose that really belongs in this thread.

I chained Larvitar earlier and got to 30, where it broke. I have a brave Synchronize Abra ready for it too. :) I'll be chaining again later, and probably SRing some more.

-Espacio-

Wow, everyone is getting a lot of shinies! Congrats on all of them, they sound like they are cool :) I have been having terrible luck with Eevee and Porygon, so now i am going for my swarm. Good luck to everyone else, im going to pull an all nighter!

~*Olivertwist*~

ninetales catcher

ninetales trainer
i still havent found a shiny zangoose, cant get past 11 :(

-Espacio-

Yo, Just recently after I beat the Elite Four I went fishing and caught a shiny Wailord.

Im just curious, but where the heck do you find Wailord in Diamond or Pearl? ;) Congrats on catching it, did you get it on your first cast?

I'm hunting for a secret shiny now, i have a good chain of 5 going. I will be pulling an all nighter to chain for it, hopefully i will get it tonight :D Good luck to everyone else also!

~*Olivertwist*~

sunny13

Proud Importer of HG
My lil brother sent me over his shiny machop from diamond. The shiny animation is awesome! I would love to have a shiny miltank and a shiny magikarp! I have tryed eggs, and pokeradar.

EDIT: Wailord apppear in routes: 223 and 230 with the super rod there are few.

Last edited:

-Espacio-

Ok, thanks for the info about Wailord sunny 13, rofl :p Im thinking about continuing my secret shiny chain soon, im almost done drinking my 2nd soda. When im done, i will try to get to 40 for my secert shiny. And if it breaks, i might go back to sring for Torchic. Wish me luck~

~*Olivertwist*~

wow u ppl are so good at this.. i have alot of trouble just finding the first eevee that starts off my chain..
so rare -.-

should i go to the rotating grass or the flashing grass patch when looking for a shiny eevee in the trophy garden? xD

and also how long should my chain be?
if i have 100 max repels, would a chain of 20 be enough?

::congrats to all who got shinys
::the greatest luck for those searching :D

-Espacio-

I know, Eevee are very hard to start chaining! My highest chain is only 14 with them, i suck :p If you were resetting at 20, i would bring at least 500 Max Repels. But thats because i think it might take aw while to see the shiny patch. But, if you reset at 30, it would save a lot of time :D Its your choice though. I just finished my last soda, so now i am going to try and get my secret shiny :) Also, thanks a lot for the luck xxOBLIVION :)

~*Olivertwist*~

EDIT: I, personally, think that in the flashing patches, eevee are more common. Only because rare pokemon appear in flashing patches, and Eevee is rare. So yeah, thats just what i think :)

Status
Not open for further replies.