• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Shiny Discussion Of D/P

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinfoil

That can't be it, I was in the same patch and I tried not to run too far away from it. Whatever, I have another chain going, I'll resume it tomorrow.

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
I just caught a Shiny Bronzor on Route 206 at a chain of 39, now in front of the second Shiny Patch =D

SEGludian

I just got two new shiny's using the PokeRadar, a male and a female Shinx. That brings my Diamond/Pearl shiny count up to three (the first was a random Starly).

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Just caught my 3th one, now chaining up

The Wizard of LOZ

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!
I personally think that the pokerader has killed the awesomeness of shinies, nearly everyone has one now, even the noobs, but that was just my opinion anyway I found a shiny ditto without chaining never saw a ditto except this one.

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
OMG after Shiny Bronzor (x3), I quited for a while.
I went to Stark Mountain and my very first chain was a 40 Skarmory chain :D

Now going to reset :)
Wish me luck

hey... like i said i will occasionly post hehe well i am hunting shiny roselia congrats pokerealm and good luck to anyone huntin,

Hurri~~ps=i joined Pokeplace if anyone wondered i know some members know already:)

I returned yay

Last edited:

Count Alphez

Pokemon Count
I personally think that the pokerader has killed the awesomeness of shinies, nearly everyone has one now, even the noobs, but that was just my opinion anyway I found a shiny ditto without chaining never saw a ditto except this one.

i have got to agree with that. but i think there needed to be some way of getting shinies slightly easier than teh 3rd generation... it was just far too impossible to get rare shinies.

still... maybe they've made it too easy?

6th shiny caught just now... pidgey.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
pokerealm, you have Way to many shinies

Shuko

Pippi! Pi!
I ended up with fourteen shiny Larvitar from my chain yesterday. :) It took two days on the same chain to do it (not to mention over 400 super repels), and I'm not happy with how the chain ended, but hopefully one of the little buggers has decent IVs. Eleven of the fourteen are adamant (thanks to my fainted synch abra at the front of the team :p), so surely amongst them there's one or two with decent stats.

Now I'm working on getting all the power items from the battle tower. :x I'll be EV training my new shiny Shuckle and Larvitar next.

Aewyne

alias:: Allure XI
I ended up with fourteen shiny Larvitar from my chain yesterday. :) It took two days on the same chain to do it (not to mention over 400 super repels), and I'm not happy with how the chain ended, but hopefully one of the little buggers has decent IVs. Eleven of the fourteen are adamant (thanks to my fainted synch abra at the front of the team :p), so surely amongst them there's one or two with decent stats.

Now I'm working on getting all the power items from the battle tower. :x I'll be EV training my new shiny Shuckle and Larvitar next.

I only hope that one day, I'll be as good at chaining as you are. :)

O-r-e-o

It is true that it has made shinys more common, but it still takes a whole lot of work to get one. The pokeradar really isn't that easy to chain with, so people still have to "earn" their shiny's. I never managed to get a shiny with the pokeradar, and have pretty much given up on it:(.

Aqua_Maiden

Queen of the Abyss
I have recently dropped my search for shiny Budew, and started chaining Nidoran(M). I have had about 10 chains, and each one ended right before 20 or after 20. Those Nidorans are hard to find. Wish me luck!

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
Frozen

Lol so yesterday I started chaining my new secret target...after several tries I finally had a nice chain going. After 3 hours of careful resetting of the radar to get the right patches, The chain broke at 29, my highest eve,r due to a medicham. Needless to say I was pretty ticked off and decided to stop chaining for the day and try my hand at Rotom SRing. Had no luck after 5 hours and went to sleep. Woke up at 9AM this morning and resumed trying to chain... After 20 minutes I finally found one to start the chain up. I kill it and waited for the radar to show me the next patches....BAM! Shiny patch!! Lol I walked up to it and went in:
DVC00174-1.jpg

Wild shiny Snorunt female Appeared!!

YES Cute Charm up front did not fail me!!! Lol So after dancing around for a bit I went to catch it. Paralyzed it with Magnezone and damaged it to half hp with HM slave farfetch'd (it got KO'ed lol) Threw one Ultra ball and it was caught! Nicknamed it IceMaiden. Shiny #34. I decided to try and keep the chain going. Made it all the way to 18 Chain with no other shinies (I kept resetting alot too) then a Sneasel broke my chain. Lol doesn't seem like I can get more than one shiny per chain x___x Anyways more pics:
Dex'd! Too bad Shiny form isn't recorded
Soon it'll be a froslass...
Quiet Nature...decent?
Too Lazy to type out stats, just look here lol

Heh IVs seems to be around 20 for everything except for its lowest, SpA at about 5 x__x Funny how I haven't even managed a chain over 29 and I've already gotten 3 shinies from chaining...too easy? Lol I think I'll train my shinies for a while and evolve them, then I'll decide what to go for next (apart from Rotom at night). Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Lol also congrats to BoF on finally getting a shiny!! Lol overdue for one :)

Kakkadragon

Shiny Hunting?
Well done to everyone who has found shiny pokemon lately and good luck to anyone who is looking for one or some.

Yesterday I tried to chain a pokemon to get a shiny for the first time since the time I got 7 Magnemites last month. My swarm pokemon was Smoochum so I decided to chain that (started at 8pm).

I got the first shiny one at chain no 22 and the second one after about 20 mins of resetting the radar at 40. Both were Timid, thanks to Espeon. (one of them only had a SP.A DV of 1 lol).

However I kept resetting the radar for about 2 hours afterwards and not even one shiny patch came, so that was not good news as it didn't take me that long for any of the other shinies I had.

I am going to go after another shiny once my DS is charged, however it has pressure ability and is at least lv 50, also I need rock climb and surf to get there. I also need to bring a pokemon with foresight, so I can false swipe it, so I will need a strong pokemon with lots of pp. Can anyone guess who I'm after?

Last edited:

Zabi

Not really here.
Lol so yesterday I started chaining my new secret target...after several tries I finally had a nice chain going. After 3 hours of careful resetting of the radar to get the right patches, The chain broke at 29, my highest eve,r due to a medicham. Needless to say I was pretty ticked off and decided to stop chaining for the day and try my hand at Rotom SRing. Had no luck after 5 hours and went to sleep. Woke up at 9AM this morning and resumed trying to chain... After 20 minutes I finally found one to start the chain up. I kill it and waited for the radar to show me the next patches....BAM! Shiny patch!! Lol I walked up to it and went in:
DVC00174-1.jpg

Wild shiny Snorunt female Appeared!!

YES Cute Charm up front did not fail me!!! Lol So after dancing around for a bit I went to catch it. Paralyzed it with Magnezone and damaged it to half hp with HM slave farfetch'd (it got KO'ed lol) Threw one Ultra ball and it was caught! Nicknamed it IceMaiden. Shiny #34. I decided to try and keep the chain going. Made it all the way to 18 Chain with no other shinies (I kept resetting alot too) then a Sneasel broke my chain. Lol doesn't seem like I can get more than one shiny per chain x___x Anyways more pics:
Dex'd! Too bad Shiny form isn't recorded
Soon it'll be a froslass...
Quiet Nature...decent?
Too Lazy to type out stats, just look here lol

Heh IVs seems to be around 20 for everything except for its lowest, SpA at about 5 x__x Funny how I haven't even managed a chain over 29 and I've already gotten 3 shinies from chaining...too easy? Lol I think I'll train my shinies for a while and evolve them, then I'll decide what to go for next (apart from Rotom at night). Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Lol also congrats to BoF on finally getting a shiny!! Lol overdue for one :)

:eek: D_S is soon to be the next Pokeradar expert! Congrats! How hard is it to see the shiny patch in the snow, as I was thinking about going for a Snorunt.

Thanks for the congrats. It is two years overdue. ;) Last time I got a shiny (lost it) was May 14, 2005. o________O

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Currently at 3 Shiny Skarmory at Stark Mountain. Damn they're really hard to catch :S

They're easy to chain though, allthough it's the ashy area

Status
Not open for further replies.