• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Shiny Discussion Of D/P

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinydarkrai

adamant 31 attack iv
why can't we just do the whole thing out of orderand we should make things like battle passes that you pick that look like this
1. cranidos
2. chichou
3. stantler
4. giratina

the winner fromeach card is chosen rather than just one winner

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
well what would happen if i caught all my legendaries and rotom? does that mean i can go for drifloon or i can't still? cause if I can go for drifloon im in.
Drifloon is okay to use as your exception for the Legendary leg. I think what's important for that leg is that you actually have to battle the shiny after SRing.

Ok, since Rotom might be in another Circuit, i am going to substitute sring for a DP legend for sring for Torchic on my Emerald. Can i do that? BTW, my targets are:

Fossil: Cranidos
Fishing Shiny: Anything that comes up, but im hoping for a Lumineon
PokeRadar only Shiny: Smeargle
SRing Shiny: Torchic on Emerald

Well, since i have to go for Torchic now, i am going to sr for that instead of Rotom, but since i have to sr for Torchic after everything else, i am going to be sring for Rotom still. Nevermind, i forgot i have to go after Cranidos first :p Good luck to everyone who is hunting!

~*Olivertwist~*
I think Torchic is a little too different. I think that on the 3rd-gen, it should be restricted to: any of the Hoenn Ubers, any of the Regis, any of the legendary birds, Mewtwo, Kecleon (using the Devon Scope), Sudowoodo in the Battle Frontier, Snorlax (using the Poké Flute), or anything else that you actually have to save in front of and battle. Please only use Ho-oh/Lugia/Deoxys if you've actually gotten the ticket without game-altering devices. I'm not going to disallow it, but it's not really fair to the rest of us to shark your way there.

Samantha Omputer

Through a vector
I'm not sure what this Circuit is, but it includes SRing and fishing, both of which I have no patience for. >.>

So I think I'll stick to hunting the swarming Pokemon.

shinydarkrai

adamant 31 attack iv
what about the shiny passes mm

kingofthedead

<-- newest shiny
stop trying to change the mans rules take like a man do like he says

Aqua_Maiden

Queen of the Abyss
I'm going to switch my legendary to Heatran. I'm getting sick of seeing that Azelf. So my new list is:

Fossil: Lileep
Fish: Horsea
PokeRadar: Nidoran(M)
Legendary: Heatran

Good Luck everybody! I'm going to try, and pull an all-nighter.

Chadi

I'mma try it!

Fish: ? Maybe Gyarados?
PokeRadar: Tauros or Togepi
Legendary: I already caught them all and Rotom, so Can I do Drifloon?

Last edited:

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY

Latest (SR)
Okay just thought i would write up a list of everyone in the circuit and update it as more people join. If i have missed someone out just say and i will add:

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
Metal Mario
Shiny Fufu
Venom X
Aqua Maiden
~*OliverTwist*~
Ampharos Spark
(possiblily) SEGludian
Shinydarkrai
Entay
ShinyCollector
Chadi

On a side note. I'm now at 950 resets. 50 more till 1K whoo!

-Espacio-

Ok, since Torchic is a little too different, how about i do something else:

Fishing: Lumineon
PokeRadar-Only: Smeargle
Sred Legendary: Moltres {on FireRed}

Do you think that would work?

Anyways, i am going to start sring for Cranidos later on, because right now i am busy doing other things. So, i plan to do an all nighter for Cranidos, that would be a lot of srs if i stay up the whole time :) Good luck to everyone else who is hunting!

~*Olivertwist*~

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
I'm not too sure how curcuit works (as I've just gotten on to this therad) so if this is wrong please steer me in the right direction.

Fossils: Aerodactyl and Cranidos (I have both fossils currently in my back pack)
Fishing: Feebas (if i find a good fishing spot) otherwise Remoraid.
Pokeradar: Togipi/Eevee
Legendry: Regigrass (its the only one I got left)

and since i'm posting here anyway I'm going to post my current shiny cont (all recevied in trades and not for trade). Suicune, Mewtwo, Mew, Deoxys, Dusknoir.

shinydarkrai

adamant 31 attack iv
for me
cranidos
chinchou
sunkern or ralts
giratina or rotom

mm you should add one for breeding that you cannot get from the radar like yanma

ShinyCollector

He has appeared...
ok great i'm in, one question though are we keeping them in order? or can we change only one out of the order, like drifloon first and then the order. or can we scramble them. or should we keep them in order? Cause i already am at like 1643 SRs for Drifloon...lol

well here is what im doing

Fossil: omanyte
Fish: magikarp/dratini/horsea
Radar: slowpoke/bagon
SR thing: drifloon

entay

!Yo te quiero!
I'm not too sure how curcuit works (as I've just gotten on to this therad) so if this is wrong please steer me in the right direction.

Fossils: Aerodactyl and Cranidos (I have both fossils currently in my back pack)
Fishing: Feebas (if i find a good fishing spot) otherwise Remoraid.
Pokeradar: Togipi/Eevee
Legendry: Regigrass (its the only one I got left)

and since i'm posting here anyway I'm going to post my current shiny cont (all recevied in trades and not for trade). Suicune, Mewtwo, Mew, Deoxys, Dusknoir.

Yes, you're all good except for your radar pokemon. You'd have to use togipi because eevee is obtainable without the pokeradar, which breaks the rules of the circuit. You can only radar a pokemon than can only be caught through radaring. Anyways, lol i have a whole 25 resets for cranidos and anorith(the two fossils in my pack). Time to fall asleep in front of my DS. Night and good luck everyone.

Black Widow

I'm currently on a chain of 40 Porygon, and I'm freaking out because it's taking a long time. xD Oh well, I'll keep going until I either get a shiny or run out of max repels.

kingofthedead

<-- newest shiny
shiny porygon awasome just leave the the chain there dont get greedy and try to chain higher

-Espacio-

Congrats on the 40 chain of Porgygon Black Widow, i hope you get at least 3 shiny ones :D I got a chain of 35 Chansey a few minutes ago! Darnit!! i just broke when i tried to get it to 36 :( :( Im not mad tho, because i wasn't really trying anyway(i dont want to get any new shinies until the shiny circuit is over). I am going to be pulling an all nighter for Omanyte( this is the last time i will change my targets, i promise :) ) starting at 10:00 .So since i have about 45 extra minutes, i guess i have to get further in my Fire Red to sr for Moltres, i only have one badge right now :O Good luck again to everyone who is hunting :)

~*Olivertwist*~

Last edited:
oh..shiny circuit cool
i need to know though how do you SR for fossils in Diamond/pearl?

and wat are the rules for the shiny curcuit?

Last edited:

Black Widow

shiny porygon awasome just leave the the chain there dont get greedy and try to chain higher
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Good luck to you with your hunts.

Congrats on the 40 chain of Porgygon Black Widow, i hope you get at least 3 shiny ones :D I got a chain of 35 Chansey a few minutes ago! Darnit!! i just broke when i tried to get it to 36 :( :( Im not mad tho, because i wasn't really trying anyway(i dont want to get any new shinies until the shiny circuit is over). I am going to be pulling an all nighter for Omanyte( this is the last time i will change my targets, i promise :) ) starting at 10:00 .So since i have about 45 extra minutes, i guess i have to get further in my Fire Red to sr for Moltres, i only have one badge right now :O Good luck again to everyone who is hunting :)

~*Olivertwist*~
I appreciate it, bud. That stinks about Chansey, hopefully you'll do well in the circuit. I wish they had made shiny Blissey as cool as shiny Chansey.

I took a break from Porygon, I just closed the DS. I might just start resetting tomorrow.

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
ShinyCircuitTNG.png

Welcome to the Great Shiny Circuit, Diamond & Pearl Edition! This is a very large and amazing race among willing participants to collect four shinies. Now, these four shinies may not be ones you already own; they must have been found after you've joined the race. There are also some rules on what you must find and how you must find them. You must find:

1. A fossil Pokémon through soft resetting.
  2. A Pokémon hooked with a rod.
  3. A Pokémon exclusive to the Pokéradar. (A complete list of acceptable targets may be found here.)
  4. A legendary Pokémon.
...all as shiny. Some form of "weak proof," such as photos or videos, must be provided for each of your captures to count. In addition, you must find each of these targets in the correct order, just as listed.

Because these rules are harsh and may exclude some from being able to participate in the race, you will be permitted to use one of the following two exceptions:
  • One of the targets may be done out of order. This is a removal/insertion, not a swap, so if you wanted to, for instance, move #3 around, acceptable arrangements would be {3, 1, 2, 4}, {1, 3, 2, 4}, and {1, 2, 4, 3}.
  • One of the targets may be replaced with something else similar. You may do #1, #2, or #4 on a third-gen GBA game, you may replace the fossil with another "gift" Pokémon, such as Beldum or Eevee, or you may replace the legendary with another Pokémon faced in battle after soft resetting, such as Emerald Sudowoodo or Drifloon. To restate, you may only apply these rules to one of the four targets.
Please only use one of these exceptions if you absolutely need it. I tried carefully to pick the events such that you shouldn't need to use any exceptions at all unless you've caught all your legendaries already. I remember with SuperSousaphone's race, it required that you find a legendary bird and a fossil, all of which I had long since used up, so my main intent with these exceptions is to keep anyone from being excluded from the race for reasons such as this. Seeing as the Underground provides fossils in unlimited quantities and two of the others are plain wild Pokémon which are always in infinite supply, the only leg which might be excluding is the legendary, which can be solved by using the one permitted exception, and using, as a worst case, Drifloon, who is always in weekly supply.

Also, you may join/leave/rejoin the challenge at any time you like. You may also change your intended targets at any time you like, along with the manner in which you wish to use your single exception.

Here is a list of known participants. Thanks to mrrr Kennedy for it. Even if I forget to add you to this list, it doesn't mean you aren't a participant. It's hard to keep track of things in here! :p:
  • Ampharos_Spark
  • Aqua_Maiden
  • Chadi
  • Entay
  • MetalMario
  • mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
  • ~*OliverTwist*~
  • Pablo
  • SEGludian
  • ShinyCollector
  • shinydarkrai
  • ShinyFufu
  • VenomX
I think that just about sums it up. I haven't actually started yet. I'm still SRing for Rotom at 507 resets total. I may start at Aero in a while, but I'm more interested in Rotom and Chikorita, whom I've switched to breeding on Emerald. I'll keep the details for another post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.