• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Shiny Discussion Of D/P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Widow

That blows, Fufu. :( I hope you get Piplup.

Anyway, I currently have three shiny Porygon from this chain, two Modest, one with amazing IVs, and one Bold (>_>) with a flawless Defense IV. I hope to get at least one more so Kabuto will still make me banners. lmao

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
Congrats, on those BW, but what's wrong with Bold? That's a pretty good nature. And tell me, what are the IVs? I'm curious about them.

And trust me, I would be hunting for Piplup right now, but my Pearl has disappeared!

This has not been a good day.

S.H.L

Blah just battle
Yeah So would i but i need more info on it so could someone explain or do i need to go and research it on wikipedia. >_>

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
How much more info do you need? If you look through the past couple of pages, you'll find everything you need.

And it won't be on Wikipedia. This is something that has only been done once before on Serebii, and I doubt it happens it many other forums.

Black Widow

Congrats, on those BW, but what's wrong with Bold? That's a pretty good nature. And tell me, what are the IVs? I'm curious about them.

And trust me, I would be hunting for Piplup right now, but my Pearl has disappeared!

This has not been a good day.

Eh, it's just not that great for a Porygon Z, imo.

EDIT: That really sucks about Pearl dude, I hope you find it. Look everywhere you can.

Here they are.
1st: Bold
HP-22 ATK- 5 DEF- 31 SP ATK- 21 SP DEF- 25 SPEED- 11
2nd: Modest
HP- 11 ATK- 5 DEF- 12 SP ATK- 21 SP DEF- 2 SPEED- 17
3rd: Modest
HP- 6 ATK- 5 DEF- 24 SP ATK- 27 SP DEF- 2 SPEED- 28

Last edited:

Karuni

i liek em shiny
I've changed my mind. I'd like to join the Shiny Circuit, too.

My Targets:
Fossil: Anorith
Fish: Whatever pops up
PokeRadar: Nidoran F
Legend: Giratina, Heatran, or Regigigas (I'll probably go for Giratina, though)

I'm SRing Anorith now. Started last night. Currently at about 89 SR's. Is it alright if I alternate between the fossil and PokeRadar target? I'll get bored with SR'ing all the time and will go chain Nidoran F for a while and come back if that's okay with the rules.

S.H.L

Blah just battle
Danm unfortunatley i cant join the shiny circuit because first of all i havent even started a game file since I got the freggin game , and not only that i havent even beaten it yet that is super gay.

Still going for:Turtwig
Regice
Pipilup
Mudkip.

larvitar005

I'm just myself...
Okay here's my story....

After I got my Chimchar, I encountered a shiny Bidoof, unfortunately I have no Pokeballs since I was about to go to Sandgem town the first time. I let him go...

My second encounter was 3 nights ago. I saw a shiny Roselia above Fight Area, I was about to catch it with a Duskball, but my cousin bump me accidentally. I accidentally pressed A button and attacked that Shiny Roselia with my Luxray, firing a Thunder attack, the Shiny Roselia fainted...

S.H.L

Blah just battle
Ouch man that would have seriously hurt my ego but look on the bright side you can still chain for them if you want.

Black Widow

That sucks dude. I also lost a shiny Roselia, but in the great marsh. I caught another one later on though.

I just read something interesting on bulbapedia.

In Generation III, most of the data structures were redone. As such, a Pokémon's shininess would no longer need to be linked to its stats due to incompatibilities between the Generation III games and previous generations. The determinant for shininess is instead a calculation based on the Trainer ID number of the player encountering it and the personality value of the Pokémon. This causes there to be only a 2/65025 chance of encountering a shiny in either Generation III or Generation IV.

2/65025, meaning a shiny in 3rd and 4th gen is 1/32512.5. If Bulbapedia is correct that is.

samuuurai

hiiii ive caught 6 shiny pokemon using the pokeradar method, the 6 were chatot,gastrodon,machop,bidoof,skitty,floatzel and i have other shinies from seperate ecounters tentacool and electrode!!!! what are yours?

ShinyFufu

Arriving glacially.
While what the say about the Personality Value and Trainer ID is mostly true, I don't think that it'll be enough to change the probability ALL the way to something as ridiculous as 1 in 32512. However, I'm not the master of this, so this question is better suited for MetalMario.

And I found my Pearl about five mintues ago. I need to get a shiny Piplup so that I can soft reset for a shiny Palkia! Good luck, everyone.

Black Widow

I think it's possible for it to rise that dramatically, just think how many different possibilities there could possibly be for a five digit number. But I think MM is the whiz here, yes, so I'll wait for him. I remember asking him some glitch question about LeafGreen like two years ago. xD

Anyway, still no fourth shiny Porygon. I'm thinking of just ending the chain.

S.H.L

Blah just battle
While what the say about the Personality Value and Trainer ID is mostly true, I don't think that it'll be enough to change the probability ALL the way to something as ridiculous as 1 in 32512. However, I'm not the master of this, so this question is better suited for MetalMario.

And I found my Pearl about five mintues ago. I need to get a shiny Piplup so that I can soft reset for a shiny Palkia! Good luck, everyone.

I have to get my turtwig before you Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
mwuaahahahahahahhahahahahaha

kingofthedead

<-- newest shiny
so i just read that shiny chance post. to solve the if thats true cant u just go in to the games code. i mean they did that for egg haching steps. still no luck with mightyana:(:( tips any one

Status
Not open for further replies.