• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official Signature Check Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Is my new signature OK?

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
i made it smaller is it ok now?

Shuam

righteous
Mr. Joker: it's fine
Double-Oh-Platypus: it's fine
Plat. Frontier: it's fine
Electricbluewolf: it's fine.

darkrai`s final form

darkrai`s trainer
i this ok cool thanks

sorry new one

here we go tada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
My new sig. Please Check?

Vaporeon4evr

Cyndakill
Sig check please? The last one I had got infracted, and there was hardly anything wrong with it :-/

Mudkip8003

Sig check please!

QUAGSIRE FAN12???

I'm a stupid doll
can you check mine please
is it the banner or the whole thing? and there are some people that don't have a sig and ask for a check

Torpoleon

mybannermakerbanner2.jpg

So, this is a smaller version of the banner. I had the person make it smaller, so now will it fit in my sig where I can have room for credits and my jailcell pic?

Johny boy

I'm playing SS!
If you're unsure that your signature complies with the rules, post here and either an authorized signature checker (listed below) or any SPPf staff member (mod, mod+, smod, or admin) will tell you if your signature abides by the SPPf Signature Rules.

Non-SPPf-Staff Signature Checkers
Shuam
Slowking[George]

Trial Non-SPPf-Staff Signature Checkers*
Aptenodytes
Golden Pure
raglflagl

*They are still signature checkers and can do everything the same. The only difference is the trial checkers are new to the checking team, and will be moved into the other group after they have more experience.

Please read over these notes before posting here:

-This thread is for asking about if your signature (or future signature, if you want to put something in a post and ask if that would hypothetically be okay) follows the rules. This is not for asking for help about how to create a signature. The FAQ has some information about how to do various things with your signature. If you need help with something else, look around in Newbie Lounge, as there are many threads with lots of good information about signatures. If you still cannot find what you are looking for, you may send a private message to either me or someone else who checks signatures frequently in this thread, and we will try to help you with your question.

-Do not try to check someone's signature if you are not a checker. In the distant past, anyone was allowed to check signatures and this led to a lot of people telling others wrong information, which led to chaos. This is why we have specific people who are allowed to check. If you try to check someone's signature and you are not a staff member or on the allowed list, you will be warned or infracted. Also, if you see someone else doing so, don't mini-mod and tell them, use the Report button or PM a moderator of Newbie Lounge.

-If you need to split/resize a banner or image in order to make it follow the signature rules, you can easily do so on Paint (which comes on every PC, though unfortunately not Macs) yourself. You can PM someone who checks sigs often in this thread either to have them do it for you or teach you how to do so yourself. If you need splitting, you can also use this neat online tool that will make perfect splits for you.

-While you cannot be "striked" right away after asking for a check in this thread, this does not give you permanent immunity. If you do not follow what a checker tells you to do and change your signature within two days, you will still receive any punishment you would have. Also, this does not count if you ask for a check then change it to something else (which breaks the rules) after getting it checked, you will still get the strike no matter how much time has passed.

Note that mistakes do sometimes happen. If you receive a strike when you were still on your "safe" period, or if a checker told you incorrectly that your signature was fine when it wasn't and you received a strike, contact me or another mod+/above and we will resolve it for you.

-We may accidentally skip you, especially if you posted at the same time as we were. If you get skipped and the checker who posted after you doesn't edit their post to include you soon after, calmly say "Hey, I was skipped, can I please get my signature checked?" or something. Don't be rude about it. We make mistakes sometimes too.

-Please don't ask to become a checker. When checkers are needed, the staff members who check often will either ask people individually to be checkers or create an open test for anyone who wants to be one to take. Right now, none are needed, so there is no reason to be asking.

-This doesn't exactly go here, but I've had enough questions about it, so here we go. If you see someone with a rule-breaking signature (not posting in this thread), you can PM it to me or another mod+/above to deal with. Using the Report button doesn't always work because not everyone who deals with reports has the power to edit signatures.

Well, that's all for now. Happy checking!
Wow this really helps me out.thanks

Johny boy

I'm playing SS!
Ummm how bout mine?

Sagachu

Smooth as a Brock
If i added this
pikabunch.png

to my sig, would it be ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.