• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPP Death Note Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rave

Banned
Since we've had some thread redundancy on this series, I'm gonna make a Death Note thread, where everything Death Note will be discussed here.

Meaning questions, episode discussion and everything else.

No more Death Note threads after this one.

So yeah... discuss away.

Rave

Banned
Which is why no one enjoys a spoil sport.

Guardian Spirit Raina

Well, I didn't mean too. I've been dancing around on eggshells everytime we talk about Death Note for about a year now while waiting for her to hurry up and finish the series. It just kinda... slipped.

Zabi

Not really here.
I got spoiled the ending by some girl who couldn't keep her mouth shut. I told her not to spoil the ending, as I was nearing it, and she had finished it, and yet, she said it. Oh well, I kinda predicted it was going to happen anyways.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Well, I didn't mean too. I've been dancing around on eggshells everytime we talk about Death Note for about a year now while waiting for her to hurry up and finish the series. It just kinda... slipped.

How can a major spoiler to one of the most popular animated series "kinda slip"?

I can understand intentional spoiler idiocy on forums, but really.

[spoil]Light is Kira.[/spoil]

Mimori Kiryu

Ah, Death Note. The first anime I already knew everything about and it wasn't from fansubs. I bought the manga first and enjoyed the series very well. It was different than what I was used to (main character fighting evil) and I really loved the characters, plot and mostly, the DRAMA. It was so much more dramatic with almost no comedy that it was hard to read without laughing at things that weren't funny.

It's hard to discuss the anime version of Death Note because I detested the ending. I thouroughly hate the ending. I'll put my semi-rant in spoilers because....I can.

I hate the ending because Light gets to go off alone and die on that damned staircase without anyone else around other than Ryuk. That is utter bullshit. Light should've died in the anime just like he did in the manga - in front of everyone he thought he could control so easily, like pawns on a chessboard. He needed to grovel at their feet for forgiveness that would never be given. I fucking hate Light so much in the anime; it's ridiculous.

I want him to be stabbed so many times in the heart that he lives through every one to feel the next one. And no, this has nothing to do with me being a fangirl of any character he killed over the course of the anime. I just hate Light's character and he's too damn stupid to be as smart as his grades say he is.

(I do carry a grudge against Takada because she killed Mello. Mello is awesome and if you don't think so, I don't care. Mello was the original one who was going to kill Light (as said so by the writer and artist of the series in How to Read 13) and I totally wanted to see that. ;_;

^That was longer than intended. Damn Death Note makes me ramble.

Evil Darkrai

I've recently just finished the series and I loved every episode ^_^.

^ I think the last episode was great, defiantly one of my favourite episodes.

Last edited:

Mimori Kiryu

^ I think the last episode was great, defiantly one of my favourite episodes.
Go to your local book store and pick up the last manga issue. You'll enjoy it much, much more.

Rave

Banned
^ At least you finally learned.

Anyways, I only liked the series up until episode 25. It wasn't all that hot to me after that.

I still prefer the manga series over the anime.

Evil Darkrai

After [spoil]L died[/spoil] the series did go a bit bad but still it interested me.

Last edited:

Zabi

Not really here.
Mello and Near arc wasn't that good to me. I mean, it had its perks(not really) and Near is a wannabe L. They should have atleast changed his character to be more of his own person like Mello was. Thats the only thing in Death Note that really gets me mad, and Takada, I hate that b*tch.

Mimori Kiryu

That's another thing that bothers the **** out of me. Every girl in the series is portrayed as either an idiot, dumb, blind (not in the literal sence) or just boring. Takada (GAG), Misa, Naomi, that one lady that worked for L...Wedy?, and Near's subordinate...who's name slips my mind. All of them were shown as weak and stupid because of their sex. I don't understand it. >___< Naomi and Near's subordinate almost got away from the crap of the others but Naomi was treated by her husband as weak because she was his wife and Near's subordinate was used to trick Mello because she was a woman and there for, appeared weaker than anyone else.

Zabi said:
Near is a wannabe L. They should have atleast changed his character to be more of his own person like Mello was.
Don't get me started on Near. I really hate his character. And besides, there can be no other character that is as epically awesome as Mello.

Evil Darkrai

but Naomi was treated by her husband as weak because she was his wife.

I noticed this, but maybe he didn't want her getting killed by Kira. So he was trying to protect her.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I think they could've extended the plot, and answered a lot of the questions... Oh well. The series was absolutely genius.

Zabi

Not really here.
Don't get me started on Near. I really hate his character. And besides, there can be no other character that is as epically awesome as Mello.

I wonder if the creators of Death Note made Near to get everyone ****** off. I mean, of the people who like Death Note that I talk too, everyone hates him, cause of his wannabe-ness. Maybe the creator did this for a reason.

Mello is epic, I really wish he killed off Light. =[

I think they could've extended the plot, and answered a lot of the questions... Oh well. The series was absolutely genius.

What questions? The only ones I can think of was, "What happened to Misa?" but we already know the answer thanks to "How to Read 13".

Mimori Kiryu

I noticed this, but maybe he didn't want her getting killed by Kira. So he was trying to protect her.
That's another thing. I understand if he wanted to protect her, but still. She was a policewoman; she knows how to defend herself. It just made me feel like he didn't believe she could - which was crap.

What questions are you talking about? I thought the ending in both the anime and manga was perfect and closed the series very well.

I wonder if the creators of Death Note made Near to get everyone ****** off. I mean, of the people who like Death Note that I talk too, everyone hates him, cause of his wannabe-ness. Maybe the creator did this for a reason.

Mello is epic, I really wish he killed off Light. =[
My friend likes Near because he looks like L and she's probably the biggest L fan I know. I don't understand how she likes him. :[

And omg yes, Mello is epic. EPIC.

Guardian Spirit Raina

How can a major spoiler to one of the most popular animated series "kinda slip"?

I can understand intentional spoiler idiocy on forums, but really.

[spoil]Light is Kira.[/spoil]

Well, I didn't exactly just slip out the entire ending. We were talking about Matsuda and something I had read in How to Read: Death Note and we were just rambling on about him and stuff he'd done and I think I said something like

[spoil]"And I mean, the only really important thing he did in the last episode was shoot Ligh-- ...!@#$"[/spoil]

Really, for avoiding mentioning ANY spoilers from episode 24 onwards, I did pretty good, considering it's been about a year since she'd watch Death Note.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
I really loved the [...] the DRAMA.

EPIC pen writing, poe-tay-toe chip eating and a self-indulgent allusion to the Last Supper!

Yeah, frankly all that makes the anime far more viewable compared to the manga.

Guardian Spirit Raina

Oh, god, I love all the dramatic gestures they pull off in the anime. The scenes from the first episode (may have been the second one) where Light is writing in the Death Note always makes me laugh. Same with his chip-eating. Mikami does this too. xD He's practically dancing around the room.

That, and the tennis match between L and Light always makes me laugh. They overthink it way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.