• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPP Football Thread- 2008-2009

@Dark Dragonite whyd you have to do that now ManU drew :(.

ManU almost clinched the win with Giggs free kick but Gomes saved it.ManU have been poor away from home and they dont seem to find goals :(.I blame Berbatov and Ji Sung Park.Park is a hard worker but he cant play.His passing and shooting suck.Nani and Giggs can play in the wing better.Berbatov tend to disappear in big games.Rooney and Tevez combo was better.Good thing they dont have anymore away meetings with the top 10 of last season and Spurs *relieved*.

El Classico was great.Barca dominated the possession and created a lot of chances.Madrid was good on the break.Casilas saved a Etoo penalty.Barca clinched the win when Etoo scored a late goal and Messi scored in stopage time to secure the win.

Edit:Can i update the prediction of one match

Chelsea 0-0 West Ham United

Last edited:

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
I think the best match of the day went to Sunderland. Scoring a huge win over West Brom.

Arsenal really lack pace on the flanks, no kidding. At the moment I rarely find an Arsenal man running at opposing defenders and creating space save for Adebayor, Cesc and Clichy. It's kind of sad. Theo was pivotal with his ability to beat any full-back for raw speed and get in behind the defence. His cut-backs were well-placed most of the time and could deliver a goal at the end of it.

Also, thanks to Dark Dragonite, I'm so very tempted to use the name I used to refer to United before. But I won't, for the moment. If another episode like this pops up again, I won't hold back. =P

Last edited:
I think Ronaldo's Goal should have stood,I've seen that sort of thing stand before,it's not like he did that on purpose and 99.999999999 times out of a hundred the ref wouldn't have seen it

Edit:Richard Dunne £6 million to spurs...I hope it's true,Because with all the money Man City have Dunne is going to be replaced wether he's sold or not better for him iof he gets out now.

Last edited:

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Damage limitation

King Of Steel said:
Arsenal really lack pace on the flanks, no kidding.
We are playing with four central midfielders if everyone was fit then we'd have options of Walcott, Nasri and Rosicky instead we have to make do with Denilson, Diaby and Eboue playing in what is not their best position, I like all of them but the stick these lads are getting for stepping in for our first choices is unbelievable.
It really is just all about damage limitation until January when Arsene will (hopefully) buy some decent players and fix the problems we have.

We are not out of the title race because if we beat Liverpool then we shorten the gap, and it's not as if we're 12 points behind the leaders like Real Madrid so we still have a chance.
Dark Dragonite said:
I think Ronaldo's Goal should have stood,I've seen that sort of thing stand before,it's not like he did that on purpose and 99.999999999 times out of a hundred the ref wouldn't have seen it
Made up statistics ftw.

No seriously it is unlucky but the referees need to stick to the letter of the law but with that being said they need to start being a lot more consistent.

No seriously it is unlucky but the referees need to stick to the letter of the law but with that being said they need to start being a lot more consistent.

I know it did brush off his hand but you can't say he did it on purpose,his hands were by his side like.

I don't think arsnal have any problems creating chances what they need is some defenders and a cool finisher(which they have in eduardo) to finish off them chances.

Btw take into account that Totenham with Chelsea and Arsnal and Beat Liverpool last night wasn't a bad result,a win would have been nice but what can you do.

Last edited:

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
You either have common sense referees or those who apply the law. Can't have both.

Dark Dragonite said:
I know it did brush off his hand but you can't say he did it on purpose,his hands were by his side like.
If you're going to say it was accidental then we'd have to say any time that an attacker strikes the ball against the defender's hand penalties can't be given.
Btw take into account that Totenham drew with Chelsea and Arsneal (so close :p) and Beat Liverpool last night wasn't a bad result,a win would have been nice but what can you do.
I didn't say it was a bad result but in the eyes of Arsenal, the results of that match is a let off because Liverpool and Man United have failed to extend the gap. It's all down to Chelsea now.

Well that's what United do,if they had beaten spurs adn villa there'd only be 2 points in it now,with Utd having a game in hand.

Also,with people likely to be leaving man city and what not,if Stephen Ireland were to go I'd love to see him playing with arsenal,it seems to me he'd fit in well at arsenal.

EEVEEisabela

Pearl Master
I'm surprised Hull's doing so well for it's first season: they were at the top until that rather bad lose a couple of weeks ago.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Manchester City's world class squad

Dark Dragonite said:
Well that's what United do,if they had beaten spurs adn villa there'd only be 2 points in it now,with Utd having a game in hand.
Soon to be two after next the weekend.
Also,with people likely to be leaving man city and what not,if Stephen Ireland were to go I'd love to see him playing with arsenal,it seems to me he'd fit in well at arsenal.
Ridiculous, Ireland wouldn't want to leave when the likes of Messi, C. Ronaldo, Kaka, Buffon, Fàbregas, Casillas, Torres, Arshavin, Ibrahimović, Gerrard, Bendtner, Agüero, Touré, Villa, Strand, Ronaldinho and Lampard are coming in January.

It simply is just madness for anyone to leave.

I've noticed how Arsenal's next 2 matches are Liverpool and Aston Villa, despite not having a strong squad this'll be a good opportunity to close the gap and extend the big 4 gap should we win at Liverpool and Villa respectively.

Last edited:

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
It's all up to Hughes

Dark Dragonite said:
well Ireland has no International Career all he has is clubs,he's needs to be playing regularly,which he won't do if even a quarter of them players come in.
If Darius Vassell can get regular games despite better alternatives being available, I see no reason why Ireland can't get regular games as well.

I agree it is up to hughes but if he likes to play only 1 attacking CM and he has the likes of Kaka and Lampard and god knows who else,do you really think he'll pick Ireland?

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
He isn't able to handle superstars

Dark Dragonite said:
I agree it is up to hughes but if he likes to play only 1 attacking CM and he has the likes of Kaka and Lampard and god knows who else,do you really think he'll pick Ireland?
Honestly, I do. That's the kind of manager Hughes is.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
No idea

Dark Dragonite said:
Well,let's say Ireland thinks he won't and has to leave where would you like to see him go.
Hmm...
Dark Dragonite said:
if Stephen Ireland were to go I'd love to see him playing with arsenal,it seems to me he'd fit in well at arsenal.
That just about sums it up.

Obviously I'd like to see the best players go to Arsenal but another central midfielder, we've already got plenty of those and if anything we need a defensive midfield.

Out of the others in the big 4, Manchester United is out of the question, Liverpool don't know how to use their players properly, Moving to Chelsea would defeat the purpose of him moving to get regular football, so I guess he's stuck at Man City then.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
No one leaves the Premier League

I've seen very few British players play outside the UK so that's unlikely to happen. Many British players would suit the La Liga or Serie A well but they just don't want to leave their comfort zone.

yeah I geuss,they'd miss he cold ainy weather,

Btw Newcastle actualy won.FT Newcastle 3-0 Pourtsmouth.

Has anyone seen Wayne Rooney's street striker?Some of them have skill.

Last edited:

Fenix

Tremulant
El Classico was great.Barca dominated the possession and created a lot of chances.Madrid was good on the break.Casilas saved a Etoo penalty.Barca clinched the win when Etoo scored a late goal and Messi scored in stopage time to secure the win.
Meh, for some reason, I didn't like Barca to win, especially after Casillas' epic penalty save. After letting in a lot of ugly goals this season, he finally got back to his form, and this game could have been a good occasion to officially announce Casillas' return with a clean sheet, but ehhh.

Guardiola showed that he's a capable coach, 'cause after witnessing messi's failure in the first half, he told his players to concentrate on real's right side, where Salgado is. And we all know Salgado can't keep up to Henry. Still, Valdes saved two 1-on-1's (come back Nistelrooy :<) and Snejder's injury was a real bummer.

The difference between Real and Barca is 12 points now...

Enough La Liga talk, Serie A ftw!

I really hope we beat bianconeri, but mopre important than that, I want people to see that Both Milan and Juve are the big teams they used to be again.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
We are playing with four central midfielders if everyone was fit then we'd have options of Walcott, Nasri and Rosicky instead we have to make do with Denilson, Diaby and Eboue playing in what is not their best position, I like all of them but the stick these lads are getting for stepping in for our first choices is unbelievable.
It really is just all about damage limitation until January when Arsene will (hopefully) buy some decent players and fix the problems we have.

We are not out of the title race because if we beat Liverpool then we shorten the gap, and it's not as if we're 12 points behind the leaders like Real Madrid so we still have a chance.
Well, it's not like they aren't capable players, but Diaby tends to play at his best driving through the middle (actually, more like box-to-box), while Denilson's more of a defensive-minded player. Eboué's still a right-back no matter what anyone says. He's a good midfielder on his day, but no matter what he's still at home in defence. I was kind of considering that Wenger play Clichy on the left-wing, with Gibbs slotting in at left-back. That would solve the left-sided problem.

It would be great to have Nasri, Rosicky and Walcott to pick from, especially since they all have pace and are very good at running with the ball, and they are very creative players too, capable of producing on their day. And with Rosicky's ability to score from far out, it'd add a different dimension to our attack.

As for beating Liverpool, we'll see. We have never lost to them at the Emirates, that's for sure. We have an advantage here. But for Villa, I'm a bit worried as the last time out, we were beaten (courtesy of an own goal and some stupid refereeing decision not going our way) by them.

As it stands now, Juventus lead Milan by 2-1, despite Pato scoring first after just seven minutes. Del Piero put home a penalty on sixteen minutes, and Chiellini put Juve ahead on thirty-four minutes.