• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPP Football Thread- 2008-2009

Enough La Liga talk, Serie A ftw!

I really hope we beat bianconeri, but mopre important than that, I want people to see that Both Milan and Juve are the big teams they used to be again.
Well. Juve are up 3-1 at the half despite Milan having more of the ball during the game.
Ridiculous, Ireland wouldn't want to leave when the likes of Messi, C. Ronaldo, Kaka, Buffon, Fàbregas, Casillas, Torres, Arshavin, Ibrahimović, Gerrard, Bendtner, Agüero, Touré, Villa, Strand, Ronaldinho and Lampard are coming in January.
lol.

Fenix

Tremulant
As it stands now, Juventus lead Milan by 2-1, despite Pato scoring first after just seven minutes. Del Piero put home a penalty on sixteen minutes, and Chiellini put Juve ahead on thirty-four minutes.
First half finished and juve is leading 3-1 :(

I can't complain really, juve was better and they deserved to win till now, hope things change in the second half.

Final score stood at 4-2 in Juve's favour. Well, it's clear who's on top at the moment. Credit to Juve - they deserved the win.
Indeed. Tho AC Milan are still the only team to beat Inter so far this term. Imo Inter are favorites to win the Scudetto again and Juve would have to be perfect to overtake them this term. Maybe the Serie A is just a fight for the CL spots this year...?

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
As a note, why hasn't anyone mentioned Ronaldo's disgraceful kick out at Michael Dawson? United should have lost him to a red card. I believe players have been sent off for an identical offence before, yet Ronaldo was that lucky. So about anyone saying United were unlucky not having a goal allowed should count themselves lucky that Ronaldo escaped a red. >_>

Thunder Giant

Forza Rossoneri!
Soon to be two after next the weekend.
Ridiculous, Ireland wouldn't want to leave when the likes of Messi, C. Ronaldo, Kaka, Buffon, Fàbregas, Casillas, Torres, Arshavin, Ibrahimović, Gerrard, Bendtner, Agüero, Touré, Villa, Strand, Ronaldinho and Lampard are coming in January.

It simply is just madness for anyone to leave.

LOL!

Well,

I am extremely dissapointed that Milan lost, but credit to Juve, they did play better for a majority of the game. It was still a immensly absorbing and entertaining game. The 2hrs just flew past!!! Sheva still isn't proving himself. He is too quiet up front. Ronnie also gave away some easy balls, but every team has it's bad times and good times. Anyway, news is that Gattuso and Bonera are injured for the season, and that Milan will sign Thiago Silva from Fluminese (you can never have too many brazilians, unless if one of them is Emerson). Inter may lose their lead later on. My only hope is that Inter do not become the Lyon of Italy (Lyon has won seven straight Ligue 1 titles).

Fenix

Tremulant
Indeed. Tho AC Milan are still the only team to beat Inter so far this term. Imo Inter are favorites to win the Scudetto again and Juve would have to be perfect to overtake them this term. Maybe the Serie A is just a fight for the CL spots this year...?
We beat Inter, Inter beat Juve and Juve beat us, cool eh?

Yeah, Inter is really strong this season, it has a 2nd team as strong as the first one on the bench... I think they have a good chance to be in the CL final this year.
LOL!

Well,

I am extremely dissapointed that Milan lost, but credit to Juve, they did play better for a majority of the game. It was still a immensly absorbing and entertaining game. The 2hrs just flew past!!! Sheva still isn't proving himself. He is too quiet up front. Ronnie also gave away some easy balls, but every team has it's bad times and good times. Anyway, news is that Gattuso and Bonera are injured for the season, and that Milan will sign Thiago Silva from Fluminese (you can never have too many brazilians, unless if one of them is Emerson). Inter may lose their lead later on. My only hope is that Inter do not become the Lyon of Italy (Lyon has won seven straight Ligue 1 titles).
We really need Rino. Or at least when he's out Flamini should play, NOT Emerson. He was so bad yesterday that he was in only a half. All in all, I think the result was fair, ALTHOUGH, when the game was 3-2 and we had like, total possession of the ball, we could have made it 3-3 but Zambrotta got expelled and for some unknown reason , Ancelotti didn't bring in a replacement until juve scored again. And only then, he brings in Antonini >_>
As a note, why hasn't anyone mentioned Ronaldo's disgraceful kick out at Michael Dawson? United should have lost him to a red card. I believe players have been sent off for an identical offence before, yet Ronaldo was that lucky. So about anyone saying United were unlucky not having a goal allowed should count themselves lucky that Ronaldo escaped a red. >_>
I saw the game, and that scene, and I think the referee didn't send him off because he apologized like, 2 seconds after. Still not a good excuse, but most players don't apologize so yeah....

Last edited:
Finals week for me in school. Thursday night I will be leaving to Glasgow to see my family for the first time in a long time. I will be in Glasgow for the Old Firm game at Ibrox after Christmas too. So excited to be back in w/ the Bluenose crowd!

Points for this week in the SPL/La Liga:

Suica: 36
shineygarchomp: 23
Thunder Giant: 15
Mayziken: 3

The Dawson kick? How about his other lashes recently? If you watched him against Brazil and Celtic in the last month you'd know that he's starting to get frustrated. In those two games he ****** off Marcelo and Scott Brown and I'm sure Dawson won't be the last one to get that treatment.
My only hope is that Inter do not become the Lyon of Italy (Lyon has won seven straight Ligue 1 titles).
They won't. The thing is that Ligue 1 has become much weaker over the last decade or so while Lyon have surged to the top. Also. Both Juve and AC Milan are hibernating right now. Neither are at their previous level right now.

Ronaldo loses his cool very easily but he gets away with it.At least he apologized.Both Ronaldo and Rooney escaped punishment from the Fa and Uefa :D.

Good win for Juventus over AC Milan.They deserved the win and Juventus will be challenging Inter rather than AC Milan.
My only hope is that Inter do not become the Lyon of Italy (Lyon has won seven straight Ligue 1 titles).
They might be but i doubt it.THere are other competetive teams like Juve and AC Milan.Another thing Lyon seem to be slipping away by the years thx to the other teams.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
I don't really care if a player's famous or not. If he deserves a punishment, even if he apologises, he should still be red-carded. It doesn't matter what reason he gives. Ronaldo could be lucky now, but he won't be the next time he does that, I'm sure.

On the other hand, Eduardo made his comeback yesterday and played pretty well from the looks of it. He hit the post thanks to a save from the Pompey reserve 'keeper. He's pretty sharp for being in his first game in ten months.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Mercenary

So Lassana Diarra is apparently worth £20-25m (depending on the source), I don't what you told Real Madrid but that's a nice piece of business Portsmouth.
Unfortunately I do think that Portsmouth are effectively going backward in their ambitions selling off their best players even if you are getting a lot of money in return.

Impressive, only 23 and you've will have played for 3 big clubs already.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Back from Malaysia.

Man City wont get players like Fabregas, Torres. However, its a possibility if they can get Gallas or Bendter. And they have a very very strong chance of getting Michael Owen.

Suica: 11
Thunder Giant:9
Mayziken:16
Dark Dragonite:17
shineygarchomplvl100:9

Serie A points left.

Last edited:

Mayziken

Advanceshipping<3

"Looks for Cutty Flam's post that will somehow try to defend Ronaldo" :D

NNOOOO, Gamba lost....:(

Guess what?? Man.U and R.Madrid are at it again... Madrid leak claims Ronaldo deal already done.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
Typical Real. They totally fail at attracting players, so they resort to dirty press. That goes for Barcelona too. No offence, but if they are really capable of signing a player by reputation alone, they wouldn't need all these press reports.

I wonder why are they so desperate to capture a cheating, dirty player like Ronaldo (no matter how talented he may be), and even then, it's not a guarantee he'll replicate the form he had during the 07/08 season.

Thunder Giant

Forza Rossoneri!
We can still make the Scudetto, it will just be very hard. A UEFA cup 2-2 draw with Wolfsburg keeps us second in the group. So now we will face a champions league drop-out. According to espnsoccernet, AC Milan will play a friendly with Rangers in Scotland sometime during January! Our defense is too leaky, if we strengthen our defence, we will become a more world-class side!

Serie A Prediction Results
Suica:6
TG:25
Shiney Garchomp: 17

EDIT: Champions League Round of 16 Draw

Chelsea v Juventus
Villarreal v Panathinaikos
Sporting Lisbon v Bayern Munich
Atlético Madrid v FC Porto
Lyon v Barcelona
Real Madrid v Liverpool
Arsenal v AS Roma
Internazionale v Manchester United

All the Italian Teams are facing English Teams. Hopefully, not all the Italian teams get knocked out, coz if they do, if will leave a bad impression on the Serie A!
Fergie vs The Special One
Chelsea vs Raineri

Last edited:

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
The special one returns to England

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE DRAW:

Chelsea v Juventus
Atletico Madrid v Porto
Lyon v Barcelona
Real Madrid v Liverpool
Arsenal v Roma
Inter Milan v Manchester United

UEFA CUP LAST 32 DRAW:

Paris St Germain v Wolfsburg
FC Copenhagen v Manchester City
NEC Nijmegen v Hamburg
Sampdoria v Metalist Kharkiv
Braga v Standard Liege
Aston Villa v CSKA Moscow
Lech Poznan v Udinese
Olympiakos v St Etienne
Fiorentina v Ajax
Aalborg v Deportivo La Coruna
Werder Bremen v AC Milan
Bordeaux v FC Galatasaray
Dynamo Kiev v Valencia
Zenit St Petersburg v VfB Stuttgart
Marseille v FC Twente
Shakhtar Donetsk v Tottenham

UEFA CUP ROUND OF 16 DRAW

Werder Bremen/AC Milan v Olympiakos/St Etienne
Aston Villa/CSKA Moscow v Shakhtar Donetsk/Tottenham
Lech Poznan/Udinese v Zenit St Petersburg/VfB Stuttgart
Paris St Germain/Wolfsburg v Braga/Standard Liege
Dynamo Kiev/Valencia v Sampdoria/Metalist Kharkiv
FC Copenhagen/Manchester City v Aalborg/Deportivo La Coruna
Marseille v FC Twente v Fiorentina/Ajax
NEC Nijmegen/Hamburg v Bordeaux v FC Galatasaray

I'm glad for the draw against Roma as I feel we can beat them, no offence to Roma but the other English teams got harder draws than Arsenal and two of them topped their groups, this is why I wasn't worried when Arsenal lost their last group game and came second in their group. Also like I said before there's no reward for topping the group, Juventus rewarded with a trip to Chelsea, Man U against Inter, Liverpool to face Real Madrid and Porto playing Athletico, next year teams should just focus on qualifying and not bother with group positioning.

Last edited:

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
We got a tough draw against Inter Milan and the so called 'Special One'. I prefer to call him 'Media Attracter'.

No fair at Arsenal getting to play against an off-form Roma.

Anyone see the CL draw this morning? Here are the results of it and my predictions (just for fun):

Manchester United v Inter Milan
Arsenal v Roma
Chelsea v Juventus
Liverpool v Real Madrid
Barcelona v Lyon
Atletico Madrid v Porto

Real Madrid are so persistent and desperate. Like Man City is becoming, sadly.
Lot of truth behind what you're saying. The sad thing is even w/ all the talent they have City can't even stay above the relegation zone. They've gone the Madrid route...all that money and they've let it get to their heads. They should really concentrate on winning games before they talk.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But Madrid hasn't even always been like this have they? As far as I can see it's b/c of Calderon that they've become this type of club. It was Calderon who said that he would bring Kaka/Fabregas/Robben to the Bernabeu before Ronaldo correct? And how many of them did he actually get...?
That goes for Barcelona too.
Examples please?
AC Milan will play a friendly with Rangers in Scotland sometime during January!
WAITWHENWHENWHEN?

And if you wanna know why I wanna know so badly. It's b/c I'm actually in Glasgow right now. I'm here until January 3rd so I was hoping I'd get to go see that game. I'm already seeing Gers v Hibs this weekend and the Old Firm game next weekend (both at Ibrox).