• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPP Football Thread - 2009-2010

Mayziken

Advanceshipping<3
Hi and Welcome to this year's season thread :) I have taken over this thread from the last owner; ~-Overheat-~

This thread is hear to talk about football (soccer) and all aspects around football this season. If you want, you can participate in the prediction game that is also this year optional of course :)

The Prediction Game: Just predict the result of a match and earn points.

3 points for correct result
8 points for exact scoreline

You can only predict upto Three Leagues or 30 League Games Per Week

This year I'm going to add one more thing to the prediction game: Table Prediction

Table Prediction: Just predict how the Premier League table will look like when all 38 games are played before the league starts and earn points.

25 points for every correct team on their correct place
1250 points for the entire table correctly

Table prediction contest (no more entries):

Overheat: 75
Thunder Giant: 75
Suica: 75
Master Blastoise: 50
Mayziken: 50
J-Myc: 25
Dark Dragonite: 0

Prediction contest:

Master Blastoise: 585
Overheat: 537
Thunder Giant: 330
Suica: 139

Mayziken: 120
biank-the-raven: 67
Shiny Catcher: 53
Void: 46

Dark Dragonite: 44
Ash-kid: 31
Night Walker: 26
J-Myc: 25

yhyiannis: 19
mimefan: 9
Uranus: 3
Upa: 0

Last edited:

Thunder Giant

Forza Rossoneri!
This year I'm going to add one more thing to the prediction game: Table Prediction

Table Prediction: Just predict how the Premier League table will look like when all 38 games are played before the league starts and earn points.

25 points for every correct team on their correct place
1250 points for the entire table correctly

Saturday, August 15, 2009 12:45 UK is the deadline to participate in the Table Prediction

Prediction contest:

Anyone want to help me with the points in the Prediction Game??
I can take Premier League and Champions League if not anyone else wants to take them???

I will do the Serie A points in this seasons prediction game.
Also, for the table prediction, could I start a Serie A one? It would still use the same point allocations, but for Serie A. I'll also be participating in this seasons game as well.

Cool Table Prediction I'm gonna do that.

Plus CL play-offs:
Non Champs:
Lyon v Anderlecht
Celtic v Arsenal
Sorting Lisbon v Fiorentina
Pananthinaikos(sp?) v Atletico Madrid

Champs:
Sheriff v Olympiacos(sp?)
Salzburg v M.Haifa
Ventspils v Zurich
Copenhagen(sp?) v APOEL
Levski v Debrecen

Last edited:

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I want to do the Premier League actually. But if you really want to do it, then its cool.

If you still want to do the Premier League i'll do...lets see Spanish League. Things will turn pretty interesting in the Primera.

Table prediction...cool idea! I'll do that too.

Also people, the Community Shield match between ManU and Chelsea is on this Sunday!

Manchester United 2-1 Chelsea :D

Community Shield result:
Man Utd 2-2 Chelsea (Man Utd Win on penos.)

Table Prediction:
1. Man Utd
2.Man City
3.Liverpool
4.Chelsea
5.Arsenal
6.Everton
7.Totenham
8.West Ham
9.Fulham
10.Villa
11.Wigan
12.Stoke
13.Burnley
14.Wolves
15.Sunderland
16.Portsmouth
17.Bolton
18.Hull
19.Blackburn
20.Birmingham

Last edited:
As much as I'd love to see Man Utd win, I'm going to say a win for Chelsea.(No Vidic, Brown and VDS)

Manchester United 1-2 Chelsea

Last edited:

Thunder Giant

Forza Rossoneri!
Well, another season, another set of wacky predictions.
For those who are remotely interested in the Serie A prediction table, well entries open now, and finish on August 22 6:00pm Western Australian Time. If you will be using an online time converter, just look for the city Perth.

Community Shield
ManU 3-4 Chelsea

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Table Prediction:

1. Manchester United(Glory, glory)
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Aston Villa
5. Arsenal
6. Everton
7. Man City
8. Tottenham
9. West Ham
10. Stoke City
11. Fulham
12. Wolverhampton
13. Blackburn
14. Bolton
15. Portsmouth
16. Wigan(safe on last day)
17. Birmingam(safe on last day)
18. Sunderland(controversial)
19. Hull City(controversial)
20. Burnley:((with a lot of wins and good performances though, like West Brom)

Might change.

EDIT: Whew, on deadline day...

Last edited:
1. Manchester United
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Aston Villa
6. Everton
7. Tottenham
8. Fulham
9. West Ham
10. Man City
11. Stoke City
12. Sunderland
13. Bolton
14. Wigan
15. Blackburn
16. Wolverhampton
17. Portsmouth
18. Birmingham
19. Hull City
20. Burnley

Might change after new transfers.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Arsenal are looking at Hangeland
Huntelaar is an AC Milan player
Aquilani is almost a Liverpool player
Sebastien Bassong has signed for Tottenham
Portsmouth have bought Antii Niemi
And finally, Luca Toni might be coming to West Ham!

Mayziken

Advanceshipping<3
I will do the Serie A points in this seasons prediction game.
Also, for the table prediction, could I start a Serie A one? It would still use the same point allocations, but for Serie A. I'll also be participating in this seasons game as well.

Sure, but you have to do the points and give them to me when the league is done :)

I want to do the Premier League actually. But if you really want to do it, then its cool.

If you still want to do the Premier League i'll do...lets see Spanish League. Things will turn pretty interesting in the Primera.

Table prediction...cool idea! I'll do that too.

nah, if you want to do the PL points it's yours. I can take something else (Spanish and/or scottish if not Suica wants to do them) But I will still do the CL points

If I could make a suggestion for predictions,why not have a competition for the top goal scorer and most cleansheets for goalkeepers.

I don't want to do that this season, maybe next season......

Community Shield
ManU 1-3 Chelsea

Last edited:
Ahh. Football season is about to kick into full gear.

Scottish points this season are mine. All mine. :) Not Spanish points tho. Anyone who wants them can take them.

Hasn't been a good season for Scottish football so far. Motherwell and Aberdeen both got absolutely humiliated in the Europa League and Falkirk didn't stand a chance. Celtic almost got knocked out by Dinamo Moscow this last round and I feel they won't stand a chance against Arsenal. Rangers are up for a tough campaign ahead as well seeing as we're running on limited resources atm and every player in the squad is still up for sale.

Outside of us and Celtic the state of football in Scotland is mediocre at the moment. The quality of the teams isn't so much an issue tho. There are definitely some talented players in the league here and there but I think the main issue is the structure of the league. It's just not competitive enough that only one team goes down per year and only 12 teams are in the league.

I feel like the Scottish top flight needs to be expanded to 16 at least like in Portugal and 3 or 4 teams need to go down a year. I guess lower league football would have to become a regional thing for it to work. I'm also not sure that we need 2 domestic cups a year like in English competition. Scottish football isn't as massive and just one would make the chase for hardware more intense.

The World Cup qualifiers resume soon and I can't wait to see my Tartan Army in action. I think that 2nd shouldn't be a problem and especially b/c Norway have been weak so far in qualification. (Sry Mayziken) We need to win our next 3 games and then grind it out against whoever we face for our first WC spot in 12 years. It's doable and I trust Burley to make things happen.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Manchester United were so close! 90th minute equaliser! But lost on penalties. Chelsea got their revenge...

But with Van Der Sar and Vidic injured and that Chelsea's second goal was quite controversial(not a goal imo) it was a good performance by us...

Manchester United were weakened and still did quite good against Chelsea. We can win without CR7.(Not that I ever thought we couldn't)

Last edited:
Fergie will do just fine this year. He's proven his doubters wrong in the past and I feel like he's the main reason the team have been successful over the last two decades.

Thunder Giant

Forza Rossoneri!
Sure, but you have to do the points and give them to me when the league is done :)

Of course!! :)

Anyway, a nice win for Ancelotti. I wish him well for the upcoming season.