• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPP Football Thread - 2009-2010

Saturday March 6
Arsenal 2-0 Burnley
West Ham United 1-1 Bolton Wanderers
Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-3 Manchester United

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Those are my guesses:

Arsenal 3-0 Burnley
West Ham United 2-0 Bolton Wanderers
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-1 Manchester United

And Chelsea can be in big troubles if their rivals will win today.

Wednesday March 10
Champions league
Real Madrid 1-1 Olympique Lyon
Manchester United 2-1 AC Milan

EPL
Burnley 1-0 Stoke City

Fenix

Tremulant
Damn it, the first half's over and we're losing 1-0. The only thing that can save us at this point is a miracle, we need 3 goals in 45 minutes.

Abate is awful :/.

EDIT: Humiliated.

I felt sorry for Beckham.

Last edited:

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
What a fantastic win for Arsenal. Also I begrudgingly admit that Man Utd also played brilliantly. Since our games were won 5-0 and 4-0 respectively, what odds on Chelsea winning 3-0?

I don't believe I commented on Keith Alexander's death, so I shall do so now. I had intended to see Macclesfield many times but never got around to do it. He did great at Lincoln though. So sad when someone so enthusiastic and cheerful dies, and even moreso when bullcrap like the John Terry handshake affair gets far more coverage.

Also, the Conference lost Chester and Farsley Celtic in a matter of weeks. Bad financial problems have always existed, but this year they seem to be catastrophically bad. Those two clubs aside, you had Notts County with their whole takeover fiasco which had messed up the club to a massive degree. (On the other hand, under Steve Cotterill promotion seems to be well achievable, and it has certainly not hurt to visit the Lane to view such signings as Kasper Schmeichel. Plus they gave me a great day out at Fulham.)

Stockport have suffered financially and are paying for it this season, Bournemouth's problems are still niggling also. Then you have Southend, who would surely be doomed if any sort of punishment fits them. Crystal Palace are a financial mess and are in administration, Watford only just avoided it, and Cardiff seem to be unable to escape winding up orders.

Then of course you have Portsmouth, but that's been documented enough. But when you even have Premier League teams in financial bother you really do worry.

Out of curiosity, for you football fans living in other countries, what is the state of financial affairs across your divisions? It surely cannot be as turbulous as the English leagues.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I feel sorry for Real Madrid, they have to finish the game in the first half with 2 or 3 goals but Ronaldo and Kaka failed to score more goals.
Man United proved again that the english Premier League is much better than the Seria A.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
A long time since i've come here. And i have stopped doing the EPL scores mainly because of one thing. That is, well, the front page hasnt been updated for months. Mayziken's disappeared.....

So, yeah, AC Milan could not handle Manchester United and also the red-hot, unstoppable, Rooney. 30 goals for him now. I think right now, he is the best player in the world. Manchester United thrashed poor Milan, congrats to Arsenal for doing the same aswell. This was a clear statement that EPL is the best, particularly on the night when Real Madrid was knocked out:p Its kind of funny though. Europes two most successful teams knocked in the space of 90 minutes. I think Real Madrid should stop gloating about their European successes, specially when they havent even progressed through the quarters in over 6 years. This time, they didnt even make it to the quarters! They spent 250 million, bought the two best players in the world, not to mention the final's on their stadium...they let their fans down. Now, Real Madrid is gonna have a trophy-less season and people will realise that even with the best players, a team cannot win. Many people have written Manchester United off as they have no Tevez or Ronaldo. Some people even say we cant do anything without Ron. Look at us now. Rooney is on the verge of breaking Ronaldo's 42 goal tally. We're top of the Premiership, in the quarter-finals of the Champions League and already have a trophy in our bag.

Fenix

Tremulant
Man United proved again that the english Premier League is much better than the Seria A.
You can't say that based on only one game.

But yeah I agree our league has deteriorated and is now arguably even worse than Bundesliga... which is a tragedy.

Our big teams haven't still recovered from the Calciopoli shock and the games being shown on national tv means less and less people are willing to go to the stadiums.

I miss the times when 3 out of 4 teams in the CL semifinals were Italian (2003-2004).

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
You can't say that based on only one game.

But yeah I agree our league has deteriorated and is now arguably even worse than Bundesliga... which is a tragedy.

Our big teams haven't still recovered from the Calciopoli shock and the games being shown on national tv means less and less people are willing to go to the stadiums.

I miss the times when 3 out of 4 teams in the CL semifinals were Italian (2003-2004).

Remember the last year? 3 italian teams have been defeated by 3 english teams.

Milan from 2006-2007 was a rare case since they beat Man United (semifinals) and Liverpool. (finals)

Fenix

Tremulant
Remember the last year? 3 italian teams have been defeated by 3 english teams.
So? I already said that Italian teams are in a bad situation, no one expected them to be successful in Europe last year.

On another note, I think Fiorentina should be praised for their incredible performance, and if it wasn't for obvious mistakes from the referee in the first leg (Bayern's second goal, offside much?) they could now be in the quarter finals.

Oh and Fiorentina literally destroyed Liverpool (English team, hello!) in the group stage. Serie A's 10th team proved to be far superior than Premier League's 6th team!

See? By using that kind of logic it's possible to prove that serie A > premier league. Truth is, that is NOT how it works, so excuse me if I'm going to ignore your "English team beating Italian teams = English teams are better" statement.

There are simply too many variables that one should take in consideration before making such claims.

That said, it's obvious that the Premier League is currently stronger than the Serie A, but you're using childish means to prove it.

Milan from 2006-2007 was a rare case since they beat Man United (semifinals) and Liverpool. (finals)
Rare case? What do you mean?

Are you implying we didn't deserve to win that year? If so, you're obviously blinded by bias. Milan was the better team, Liverpool and Man U weren't a match for us.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
So? I already said that Italian teams are in a bad situation, no one expected them to be successful in Europe last year.

On another note, I think Fiorentina should be praised for their incredible performance, and if it wasn't for obvious mistakes from the referee in the first leg (Bayern's second goal, offside much?) they could now be in the quarter finals.

Oh and Fiorentina literally destroyed Liverpool (English team, hello!) in the group stage. Serie A's 10th team proved to be far superior than Premier League's 6th team!.
Well, it's only the group stage. And consider in which situation Liverpool is in this year, I'm not surprised. Fiorentina is a great team but they have no experience in the C.L. Bayern Munich's luck is their experience and they have better players,(and 1st position in their league). Fiorentina probably won't take place in the Champions League next year since they are only in the 10th position.
Rare case? What do you mean?

Are you implying we didn't deserve to win that year? If so, you're obviously blinded by bias. Milan was the better team, Liverpool and Man U weren't a match for us.
I didn't say that. I was just saying it's becoming a rare thing to see an Italian team beating an English team in the Champions League. In that year Milan was the best team, but now they have too many players over age 30 who almost finish their career.

Ash-kid and Overheat. English teams doing well in the Champions League =/= EPL being better than any other league in the world.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Saturday March 13
Tottenham 1-0 Blackburn
Bolton 0-0 Wigan
Birmingham City 2-1 Everton
Burnley 0-2 Wolves
Stoke City 1-3 Aston Vila
Chelsea 3-0 West Ham
Hull City 0-4 Arsenal

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Saturday 13th March
Barclays Premier League

12:45 Tottenham 2-0 Blackburn
15:00 Birmingham 1-1 Everton
15:00 Bolton 1-1 Wigan
15:00 Burnley 1-0 Wolverhampton
15:00 Chelsea 1-1 West Ham
15:00 Stoke 2-3 Aston Villa
17:30 Hull 1-0 Arsenal

Sunday 14th March
Barclays Premier League

13:30 Man Utd 3-0 Fulham
16:00 Sunderland 1-2 Man City

Monday 15th March
Barclays Premier League

20:00 Liverpool 0-1 Portsmouth

Tuesday 16th March
Barclays Premier League

19:45 Wigan 1-2 Aston Villa

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Had it been 3-2 they'd be in a better position

English teams doing well in the Champions League =/= EPL being better than any other league in the world.
This to be honest.

Fulham lost 3-1 away so in their second leg they'll have to win 2-0 home in the second leg. I'm sure many will root for the underdog but I find it hard to see Juventus NOT scoring 1 goal at Craven Cottage and making an improbable task impossible.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
This to be honest.

Fulham lost 3-1 away so in their second leg they'll have to win 2-0 home in the second leg. I'm sure many will root for the underdog but I find it hard to see Juventus NOT scoring 1 goal at Craven Cottage and making an improbable task impossible.
It's the UEFA Europa League, no one cares even if Juventus will win the cup. In the Champions League they failed. And Fulham is not a big team like Chelsea.
17:30 Hull 1-0 Arsenal
I don't think that Arsenal will lose this game, especially after the defeat they instilled to Porto.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Plus the cash boost too

It's the UEFA Europa League, no one cares even if Juventus will win the cup. In the Champions League they failed. And Fulham is not a big team like Chelsea
No-one cares about it =/ Obviously if you support one of the 'big teams' you probably wouldn't care but for mid-table teams supporters I'm sure they care. Fulham, not a big team like Chelsea? That's a bit obvious isn't it.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
No-one cares about it =/ Obviously if you support one of the 'big teams' you probably wouldn't care but for mid-table teams supporters I'm sure they care. Fulham, not a big team like Chelsea? That's a bit obvious isn't it.

I mean that Fulham hasn't the world's best players as the big teams, Manchester, Chelsea and Arsenal. Fulham may have a lot of fans but not like these teams. By the way, yesterday Chelsea and arsenal won, what probably can make Man United in more pressure..

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Tuesday-Wednesday March 16 & 17
Champions league
Chelsea 2-0 Inter
Sevilla 3-1 CSKA Moscow
Barcelona 4-0 Stuttgart
Bordeaux 1-0 Olympiacos