• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPP Football Thread - 2009-2010

CL scores
Me-6

Saturday May 1
Birmingham City 1-0 Burnley
Manchester City 1-1 Aston Villa
Portsmouth 0-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Stoke City 1-2 Everton
Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Bolton Wanderers

Sunday May 2
Liverpool 1-2 Chelsea
Fulham 1-1 West Ham United
Sunderland 1-2 Manchester United

Monday May 3
Wigan Athletic 1-1 Hull City
Blackburn Rovers 0-1 Arsenal

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Quite frankly it matters not to me who wins the Premier league

Incidentally, Bayern Munich, a German team, are playing their European final in Spain, whereas Atletico Madrid, a Spanish team, are playing their European final in Germany. Weird.
For me personally those are the teams that I don't want to win the finals, not that I have anything against them but I'd love to see Jose Mourinho's Inter square up against Roy Hodgson's Fulham and see who comes out on top. Sure to be a fascinating match if it happens.

This weekend is bound to produce some good stuff domestically in the Premier League. All eyes are on Liverpool. Now that they're out, will they push for fourth to save their season? Or will their moral be shot, allowing Chelsea to win and take the title from their enemies Man Utd?

Also, is anyone counting on Sunderland taking points from Man Utd? They've done it at Old Trafford already, after all...
Other teams would have to seriously implode for that to happen (Liverpool taking fourth spot) and I just can't see it happening, plus their greatest goalscoring threat is missing so while naive as it may be, they only have to really worry about shackling Steven Gerrard as for me personally he's the only one on the Liverpool team that is really capable of making something out of nothing.

I might have seen somewhere that one of the players said that they will fight for a top ten position but I suspect that that was just 'paper talk' and really Sunderland don't really have much to play for whereas Manchester United do. So if it comes to 80 minutes and the score is 0-0, I know who my money is on to step it up a gear or two in the final ten minutes.

Then you have Sheff Wed vs. Crystal Palace in a real winner takes all game to avoid relegation to League One. It's much like Sheff Utd vs. Wigan in the Premier League a few years back. Tense times for both fans I would imagine.
Ahh, I remember watching the final day of the league while Crystal Palace was in the Premier League and it looked as if they were heading for a second season, however other results just did not go their way. I remember one of my friends (who was a supporter) being so gutted at this happening. I can see it happening again unfortunately.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Well since the Premier League is going to the end, I will try to guess

Saturday May 1
Birmingham City 1-1 Burnley
Manchester City 2-1 Aston Villa
Portsmouth 1-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Stoke City 2-2 Everton
Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 Bolton Wanderers

Sunday May 2
Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea
Fulham 3-0 West Ham United
Sunderland 0-4 Manchester United

Monday May 3
Wigan Athletic 2-0 Hull City
Blackburn Rovers 0-1 Arsenal

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Yeah. Everyone thought that Steve McClaren will no longer be a good manager, now he proved everyone were wrong.
Chelsea must take the championship, a game against Wigan is too easy for them.
The Spanish league is still not closed, maybe there'll see Real Madrid take the title. Well done Tottenham, too bad that Liverpool will not be next year in the Champions League.

I don't know, did they get a UEFA license? I don't think so, so I don't think they'll be in the Euopa League.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Now I get it, it's for the "Fair Play League". Last year Manchester City got the last ticket after they were declared as the most decent team in the Premier League. Portsmouth won't because they don't have the necessary documents for the next year, and their economic situation is unknown. It's up to Uefa I think.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
If anything, Portsmouth deserves to be in Europe, given the circumstances they are in and yet manage to go to the FA Cup final.

Also, if it wasnt for the points deduction, Portsmouth would've been above Burnley right now. They also would've put of a bigger fight.

I say, if Portsmouth's financial woes are solved, they're coming back to the Prem the season after. Infact, i predict them finishing top of the Championship next season.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
If anything, Portsmouth deserves to be in Europe, given the circumstances they are in and yet manage to go to the FA Cup final.

Also, if it wasnt for the points deduction, Portsmouth would've been above Burnley right now. They also would've put of a bigger fight.

I say, if Portsmouth's financial woes are solved, they're coming back to the Prem the season after. Infact, i predict them finishing top of the Championship next season.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid

With nine points, they would have been staying in the Premier League eventually. They also have a better goals difference than the above teams.
It's a little strange that the cup final will be between the best team to the worst (at least according to the table). Portsmouth don't have much chance but we've already seen surprises before.

Mayziken

Advanceshipping<3
Chelsea are champions!! Congratulations Chelsea =)

Table prediction points:

Overheat: 75
Thunder Giant: 75
Suica: 75
Master Blastoise: 50
Mayziken: 50
J-Myc: 25
Dark Dragonite: 0

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Hey, you forgot my points. Well, Chelsea definitely deserve the title after they beat twice this season Manchester United. There was no way they lose to Wigan, Although it happened in the past but this time they scored eight goals!
OK, now we'll see who wins the cup.

Natsu'sInferno

Drogba was offside on their last meeting though. Should've been 1-1. But still. Chelsea were the better team.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
No, In that game Chelsea were better than Man United, you can't say that. You forgot they've won the games at London and Manchester, so it's two wins.

Didier Drogba was the outstanding player this season.
During the season I thought it might be Wayne Rooney, but his injury caused him to fade.

Natsu'sInferno

No, In that game Chelsea were better than Man United, you can't say that. You forgot they've won the games at London and Manchester, so it's two wins.

Didier Drogba was the outstanding player this season.
During the season I thought it might be Wayne Rooney, but his injury caused him to fade.

Didier Drogba's goal was offside. I never said Man U played better than them.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Didier Drogba's goal was offside. I never said Man U played better than them.

I watched it now again and it's a few meters offside, but that's not what determined the championship. I believe Chelsea also should've had a penalty, and not received. Mistakes are part of the game, and if Alex Ferguson and United don't know how to accept it then that's their problem, but I do think that United deserve the 2nd place.

Natsu'sInferno

I watched it now again and it's a few meters offside, but that's not what determined the championship. I believe Chelsea also should've had a penalty, and not received. Mistakes are part of the game, and if Alex Ferguson and United don't know how to accept it then that's their problem, but I do think that United deserve the 2nd place.

Actually. It did determine who the champion was. IIRC They were one point apart. A draw would've made them equal. And I'm pretty sure Man U and SAF can handle it. I think SAF even said they deserved it.

EDIT: Made some horrible typos.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Actually. It did determine who the champion was. IIRC They were one point apart. A draw would've made them equal. And I'm pretty sure Man U and SAF can handle it. I think SAF even said they deserved it.

EDIT: Made some horrible typos.

Do not forget that if they were not scoring the second goal, it is likely that Manchester United weren't able to score a goal (the 1st goal was when Chelsea led 2-0) , to score and make it 1-1.
I don't know who said this but this is probably the fans of Manchester United. What determined who the champion was it's when United have lost points against Everton, Aston Vila and Fulham.