• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPP Football Thread - 2009-2010

Thunder Giant

Forza Rossoneri!
INNNNZZZZAAAAGGGHHHHIIIII!!!!!

He is a legend. Two goals against Marsielle, and a nice three points when we go to Zurich. Its amazing how a 36 year old can still score at such a level. If you take away his intelligence, ability to read the play and his positioning, then he is a Serie B quality player. He is awesome!!!

Serie A points from last round will be released later!

EPL-
aturday 19th September

Burnley 1-1 Sunderland
Arsenal 3-0 Wigan
Aston Villa 3-0 Portsmouth
Bolton 0-1 Stoke
Hull 0-2 Birmingham
West Ham 2-2 Liverpool

Sunday 20th September

Man Utd 4-2 Man City
Wolverhampton 1-2 Fulham
Everton 2-2 Blackburn
Chelsea 3-3 Tottenham

Serie A-
UK Napoli 2-2 Udinese
9/19 19:45 UK Juventus 3-0 Livorno
9/20 14:00 UK Cagliari 1-3 Internazionale
9/20 14:00 UK Chievo Verona 0-2 Genoa
9/20 14:00 UK Sampdoria 1-0 Siena
9/20 14:00 UK Bari 0-0 Atalanta
9/20 14:00 UK Catania 1-2 Lazio
9/20 14:00 UK AC Milan 4-0 Bologna
9/20 14:00 UK Parma 2-3 Palermo
9/20 19:45 UK AS Roma 3-3 Fiorentina

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Well, Arsenal and Aston Villa cruised past their opponents, Liverpool won a thriller at West Ham, Burnley won thanks to a Nugent brace, Birmingham won at Hull and Bolton and Stoke drew. Pretty much said everything by watching the results cos damn i forgot to record Final Score again.....>_>

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
Wigan were pathetic the whole day. Barely threatened. And Vermaelen, I have absolutely run out of superlatives to describe him.

He's Arsenal's top scorer at the moment, and the goal that took him to the top of the charts was that incredible 20-yard curler.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
Rather, shouldn't have the game ended by 94 minutes? Referee's a United fan, clearly. Not that I'm being sour grapes, but honestly, the game should never have got to the point where Owen scored. Seriously, I have not seen any referee drag the game on for 2 minutes extra when there has not been an injury.

EDIT: Void, Owen was onside. There were two City players playing him on.

Last edited:

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I heard that more extra time was added cos of the substitution. Right after it, the ref could have blown the whistle, but game resumed immediately after and Owen scored. I guess the ref was about to blow it.

Anyways, moreover, i think we deserved to win that game.

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
No, that was no excuse. Even with the goal celebration and substitution, the game should already have went when United screwed their free-kick around 95:15, but the referee gave that extra 12 seconds needed for United to score. Never in my time as a football fan have I seen anything as outrageous.

Void

I heard that more extra time was added cos of the substitution. Right after it, the ref could have blown the whistle, but game resumed immediately after and Owen scored. I guess the ref was about to blow it.

Anyways, moreover, i think we deserved to win that game.

However, the thing is, it SHOULD have been a draw, deserved or otherwise.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I agree that the match should have been a draw. I'm just saying it was a deserved result.

Where is Mayziken?

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Ended up not going to Morecambe since apparently they are relocating grounds next season, so there was no point. And it was just as well, I wouldn't have been able to stomach travelling 8 hours just to watch an abject Notts County performance.

I am, however, planning to go to Kettering over the Christmas period when I'm back from Universiy to watch a game there for no reason (my mate is a fan).

League Cup later, yay. Leeds vs. Liverpool to be a six goal thriller.

Mayziken

Advanceshipping<3
Ok guys I've finaly got internet in my room so I'm BACK

the first post will be edited later today and the CL points will soon be out

Edit:

CL points:

Master Blastoise: 38
biank-the-raven: 21
Overheat: 32
Suica: 29

Edit2:

First post edited with new scores
I will be updateing much more from now on :)

Last edited:

Night_Walker

Congrats to Man Utd for their win in the ENTHRALLING derby, and big time congrats to Man City for making the match so exciting :)

I have to say the two teams were closely matched and the match lived up to that.

I think the ref was right to do things the way he did, especially after hearing the highlights show explanation; the amount of stoppage time shown on boards is the minimum amount of time the referee feels is justified not the maximum, add in the excessive (in the eyes of the ref) 50 second celebration of the last Man City goal at basically the stroke of 90mins and the substitution (which by law adds 30 seconds to the clock) and Owen's goal (95:25) actually ends up coming in several seconds before or right on when the time the referee decided on ran out (roughly 4mins+30seconds+55seconds = 5mins25seconds).
It'll be a sore point for some but I think the ref got it right.

Last edited:

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
Congrats to Man Utd for their win in the ENTHRALLING derby, and big time congrats to Man City for making the match so exciting :)

I have to say the two teams were closely matched and the match lived up to that.

I think the ref was right to do things the way he did, especially after hearing the highlights show explanation; the amount of stoppage time shown on boards is the minimum amount of time the referee feels is justified not the maximum, add in the excessive (in the eyes of the ref) 50 second celebration of the last Man City goal at basically the stroke of 90mins and the substitution (which by law adds 30 seconds to the clock) and Owen's goal (95:25) actually ends up coming in several seconds before or right on when the time the referee decided on ran out (roughly 4mins+30seconds+55seconds = 5mins25seconds).
It'll be a sore point for some but I think the ref got it right.
I actually saw the celebration only took on the stroke of 90 minutes and to about 90:40, when the game had already restarted.

Substitution or now it would have been... 40 seconds + 4 minutes + 30 seconds, which would have only led the game to 95:10. 95:28 was the exact time Owen scored, and like I said before, it should have ended the moment United messed their free-kick delivery up and Tevez headed it at the middle of the pitch (95:20). Even that extra ten seconds was being generous.

Referee clearly dragged it too long.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Going to Bangkok tomorrow, so predicting for the upcoming weekend!

Saturday 26th September
Barclays Premier League

12:45 Portsmouth 1-1 Everton
15:00 Birmingham 0-0 Bolton
15:00 Blackburn 1-1 Aston Villa
15:00 Liverpool 2-1 Hull
15:00 Stoke 0-2 Man Utd
15:00 Tottenham 3-1 Burnley
15:00 Wigan 1-3 Chelsea
17:30 Fulham 1-2 Arsenal

Sunday 27th September
Barclays Premier League

16:00 Sunderland 1-1 Wolverhampton

Monday 28th September
Barclays Premier League

20:00 Man City 2-1 West Ham

Night_Walker

I actually saw the celebration only took on the stroke of 90 minutes and to about 90:40, when the game had already restarted.

Substitution or now it would have been... 40 seconds + 4 minutes + 30 seconds, which would have only led the game to 95:10. 95:28 was the exact time Owen scored, and like I said before, it should have ended the moment United messed their free-kick delivery up and Tevez headed it at the middle of the pitch (95:20). Even that extra ten seconds was being generous.

Referee clearly dragged it too long.

It was a 55 second celebration, I highly doubt the highlights show (having taken the time to deal with it cause it was an important issue) would have made a mistake with their timing of how long it took.

Therefore: 4mins + 30secs + 55secs = 5mins25s - which is when Owen scored. Add into that the amount of time you have to take to set up free kicks, as the ref stops play to arrange them then restarts it, and I think the time does expand far enough to say "yes it's a goal".
And remember the stoppage time that's shown is what the referee has said to the 4th official he intends to add on before the full 90mins have expired, it is his discretion on when he actually blows the whistle (that's why in so many games when 2mins is indicated it ends up being more like 2mins 40secs).

Anyway I think it's time we moved on from this, I think it'll be a sore point for Man City fans and people who wanted to see a draw but agree or not it won't change the way it went down.

Predictions for this weekend's Barclays Premier League

Portsmouth 0-1 Everton
Birmingham 1-0 Bolton
Blackburn 1-2 Aston Villa
Liverpool 2-1 Hull
Stoke 0-3 Man Utd
Tottenham 3-0 Burnley
Wigan 0-3 Chelsea
Fulham 0-3 Arsenal
Sunderland 1-0 Wolverhampton
Man City 2-0 West Ham

Last edited:

mimefan

Banned
Predictions Hull 0-21 Liverpool (I mean Hull lost to Birmingham, they don't stand a chance against Liverpool