• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPP Football Thread - 2009-2010

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
It was a 55 second celebration, I highly doubt the highlights show (having taken the time to deal with it cause it was an important issue) would have made a mistake with their timing of how long it took.

Therefore: 4mins + 30secs + 55secs = 5mins25s - which is when Owen scored. Add into that the amount of time you have to take to set up free kicks, as the ref stops play to arrange them then restarts it, and I think the time does expand far enough to say "yes it's a goal".
And remember the stoppage time that's shown is what the referee has said to the 4th official he intends to add on before the full 90mins have expired, it is his discretion on when he actually blows the whistle (that's why in so many games when 2mins is indicated it ends up being more like 2mins 40secs).
I'm a bit miffed because of the fact that United always get the decisions at their home ground. The celebration, upon rewatching the game (I have it recorded), actually took place a couple of seconds before 90 minutes, so why should that time have been added on if it hadn't trespassed the 90 minute-mark yet? To be honest, United really get the backing of referees, especially in penalties (see much of the penalties given at Old Trafford throughout this year). Also, the substitution thing is entirely up to referees. I've seen players come on for just ten seconds and the whistle's blown. Where's the thirty seconds added?

But yeah, I'll just let this go, because I already got over it, and just wanted to state my opinions on a whole, on this issue.

Predictions.

Saturday September 26
Portsmouth 0-2 Everton
Birmingham City 0-1 Bolton Wanderers
Blackburn Rovers 1-3 Aston Villa
Liverpool 4-0 Hull City
Stoke City 0-3 Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 Burnley
Wigan Athletic 0-3 Chelsea
Fulham 1-3 Arsenal

Sunday September 27
Sunderland 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Monday September 28
Manchester City 3-0 West Ham United

Night_Walker

Also, the substitution thing is entirely up to referees. I've seen players come on for just ten seconds and the whistle's blown. Where's the thirty seconds added?

Well according to the highlights show I watched it is actually within the law of the game that a substitution adds 30 seconds to the clock, for some reason, so it is not up to the referee.

*shrugs*

Thunder Giant

Forza Rossoneri!
Well. Big stuff happen.
Manchester Derby was entertaining, Owen got lucky!

Onto AC Milan. We won against Bologna, but lost again to Udinese. I'm lost for words, really.

I've missed alot with points, seeing as I forgot to prediction stuff, but never mind.

Serie A points:
TG: 35 (over two rounds, Round 2 was 23, Round 3 was 12)

EPL predicitons:
Saturday September 26
Portsmouth 0-3 Everton
Birmingham City 0-0 Bolton Wanderers
Blackburn Rovers 1-3 Aston Villa
Liverpool 3-1 Hull City
Stoke City 0-7 Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Burnley
Wigan Athletic 0-4 Chelsea
Fulham 1-3 Arsenal

Sunday September 27
Sunderland 2-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Monday September 28
Manchester City 3-3 West Ham United

Serie A predictions-
Sampdoria 1-2 Internazionale
9/26 19:45 UK Livorno 2-3 Fiorentina
9/27 14:00 UK Chievo Verona 1-1 Atalanta
9/27 14:00 UK Catania 0-1 AS Roma
9/27 14:00 UK Lazio 1-1 Palermo
9/27 14:00 UK Parma 2-0 Cagliari
9/27 14:00 UK Napoli 0-0 Siena
9/27 14:00 UK Udinese 2-4 Genoa
9/27 14:00 UK Juventus 4-0 Bologna
9/27 19:45 UK AC Milan 7-0 Bari

Last edited:

Void

EPL Predictions

Portsmouth 2 - 1 Evertion
Blackburn Rovers 0 - 0 Aston Villa
Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 1 Burnley
Birmingham City 1 - 0 Bolton Wanderers
Wigan Athletic 0 - 3 Chelsea
Stoke City 0 - 1 Manchester United
Liverpool 2 - 0 Hull City
Fulham 1 - 2 Arsenal
Sunderland 3 - 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Manchester City 2 - 0 West Ham United

Mayziken

Advanceshipping<3
Time for me to start predict ageain :)

EPL predicitons:
Saturday September 26
Birmingham City 1-1 Bolton
Blackburn 2-4 Aston Villa
Liverpool 2-0 Hull City
Stoke City 2-1 Manchester United
Tottenham 2-2 Burnley
Wigan Athletic 1-3 Chelsea
Fulham 2-3 Arsenal

Sunday September 27
Sunderland 2-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Monday September 28
Manchester City 3-2 West Ham United

Serie A predictions-
Sampdoria 1-2 Internazionale
Livorno 1-3 Fiorentina
Chievo Verona 1-1 Atalanta
Catania 0-2 AS Roma
Lazio 1-2 Palermo
Parma 2-0 Cagliari
Napoli 1-0 Siena
Udinese 3-2 Genoa
Juventus 3-1 Bologna
AC Milan 5-1 Bari

SHINY CATCHER

Epic Snake is Epic!
Was shocked by the chelsea result, 3-1 to wigan, how??

Newcastle look like they've won.

Sunderland to win 2-1 tomorrow and aiming for 9th-10th place finish

King Of Steel

I'MA USE AYSE PHANG!
[IMG200]http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs259.snc1/10620_134512827685_679472685_2660377_6345046_n.jpg][/IMG200]

Anyway, great win from Wigan and for us, really needed to grind the result out. Fulham's pressing was seriously troubling.

[IMG200]http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs259.snc1/10620_134512827685_679472685_2660377_6345046_n.jpg][/IMG200]

Anyway, great win from Wigan and for us, really needed to grind the result out. Fulham's pressing was seriously troubling.

lol nice pic.way to go wigan!!

Man Utd are usually slow starters,and the past three years they have been.yet they still win the title.now they started well....

Portsmouth lost again, but they played quite well, actually.

IMO, Wenger should start thinking about keeping Mannone as the first choice goalkeeper if he keeps playing like that, he made some spectacular saves.

Cudicini made a very big mistake, it's a shame Blake hit the post.

mimefan

Banned
Oh? Burnley lost, but good results, but Liverpool only managed to put 6 past Hull? What? They should have scored 10, 20, 30 past the crappest team in the Premiership.

Mayziken

Advanceshipping<3
Last night Rosenborg took their 21 league title with 4 rounds still to go, and we are still unbeaten :D For me 21 titles in 42 years is very impressive

With this title Roar Strand now have 15 league championships and 5 cup titles with Rosenborg. That's really impressive. And what I'm most happy about is that he's going to continue atlast one more year for Rosenborg :D

Last edited:

Mayziken

Advanceshipping<3
CL predictions

Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Arsenal 2-2 Olympiakos
Rangers 2-1 Sevilla FC
AZ Alkmaar 1-3 Standard Liege
Fiorentina 2-4 Liverpool
Debrecen 0-2 Lyon
Unirea Urziceni 0-2 VfB Stuttgart
Barcelona 3-2 Dynamo Kiev

Wednesday, September 30, 2009
CSKA Moscow 1-0 Besiktas
AC Milan 2-1 FC Zürich
Bordeaux 0-0 Maccabi Haifa
Bayern Munich 3-3 Juventus
FC Porto 1-2 Atlético Madrid
Real Madrid 5-2 Marseille
Apoel Nicosia 0-2 Chelsea
Manchester United 1-3 VfL Wolfsburg

Fenix

Tremulant
I watched Barca's game, and it was rather boring.

At least Fiore won a very difficult game and proved that the serie A is not as weak as all the English people make it look :/ Also I can distract myself with that win and forget about Milan's horrible state.

Void

Apparently another horrible season is ahead of us. Watching the game against Bari was like torture for me, hope Berlusconi/Galliani are happy now, the morons.

In that case, what was the game with Zürich like for you?

Looking at that performance, and if they don't do something about it soon, anything less than a 6-0 thrashing from Real Madrid will be blasphemy.