• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPP Football Thread - 2009-2010

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think that Inter was better than Chelsea in the first game in Italy. Chelsea's goal was with many luck. But I won't be surprised if Chelsea will qualify to the next round if they will beat Inter 1-0 in London.

iRepMorons

No chance can you say that Inter played better than Chelsea, Chelsea were by far the superior team. It was only during the goal spells that Inter showed their class.

The only reason why Inter won that match is because of their pace, the referee, and Chelsea's missing players.

I absolutely despise Inter Milan as a team and they are worse than Real Madrid in my eyes. The board, the manager, the players, everything about them stinks, and I would love to see them in Portsmouth's place at the moment.

Also if there are any Fulham fans on here, congratulations to getting past Shakhtar Donesk. That was a fantastic result, and I hope you can get past Juventus in the next round aswell.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
They played defensive. That's how they always play in the games outside from London.
Inter came to win, they played more offensive. in the 2nd leg I would like to see Inter scoring one goal and finish Chelsea's appearance in the Champions League for this year. And Chelsea without Petr Cech in the 2nd game.

iRepMorons

I for one would love Chelsea to spank them out of the London and back to the hole from which they came out of :)

Also, whats the deal with Lucio? Built like a centre back but goes down like a striker?

Predictions

Saturday February 27
Birmingham City 2-1 Wigan Athletic
Bolton Wanderers 1-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Burnley 1-1 Portsmouth
Stoke City 1-2 Arsenal

Sunday February 28
Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Everton
Liverpool 2-1 Blackburn Rovers
Sunderland 0-2 Fulham

--C4--

Only my Railgun
Well Man City v Chelsea is on right now, for once I actually want Man City to win to force Chelsea to drop points.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
As a Centre back Lucio can also can attack but not to abandon the defense. That's why they can get goals.

What do you think about Stuttgart? They played well, better than Barcelona. Too bad that in Camp-Nou they will lose.

iRepMorons

Yeah Stuttgart were excellent against Barcelona. Barcelona seem to be playing in 2nd gear at the moment, i'm not entirely sure whats happened to them recently. Its no secret though that they aren't as strong in europe as they are in spain, its so easy to see the difference.

Yeah I hope Stuttgart go there and win, but at the Camp Nou, its hardly likely; its such a hard ground to go and win at.

Yeah I watched a bit of the Man City v Chelsea game, until my stream kicked me off ¬_¬ What a Hilario-us goal ;)

I guess i'm the only one who wants Chelsea to win, huh?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Now it's 2-1 to Man City. If they win - they can qualify from the 4th place to the Champions League next year instead of Liverpool. And Chelsea won't win the championship in this way.

--C4--

Only my Railgun
I think so, I'm actually an Arsenal fan so Chelsea losing would make me pretty damn happy. :p

The gap at the top as long as Arsenal were to win against Stoke (I cannot forget the FA Cup upset) would be 3 points and Man United and Chelsea still have to face each other and both have to play Liverpool, I think.

Pretty much means that Arsenal are not out of this title chase.

But we'll be needing some fabours from Livepool though. :p

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I like Arsenal's style, but to be honest they do not deserve to win the championship.
They lost in the "money Time", to Chelsea and Manchaster United. I hope that Man United will win.

The Other

Lord of Time
Ahahaha. Man City 4-1 Chelsea.
What a result. I'm a Man Utd fan but I'm really glad they won. That gives us a chance to take the lead assuming we keep winning. But wow. Man City have really performed well against the Big 4 teams.

--C4--

Only my Railgun
I think we deserve it, but I suppose that is coming from an Arsenal fan; I mean we've been overdue to a title in like 4 years or more and the players really need something to keep the team together rather than having our players lured away by clubs like Real Madrid, AC Milan and Inter Milan.

^
You still have to play Man City so be wary, but then again as do Arsenal and we've not really had a good record against them seasojn. I see a threat in Man City for next season they didn't really get a good start under Hughes but I really do pity the guy as he wasn't given enough time to prove himself. However Mancini has done remarkable since he got into the job.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I few years Man City will be the champion just like Chelsea few years ago with the championship they won 50 years after their last. Arsene Wenger is a great manager but I think he should leave. I've heard that Tieri Henri will be Arsenal's next manager and Pep Guardiola the next coach of Man United.

iRepMorons

Holy ****, what a result for Citeh.

I bet bridge is elated, and i'm not talking about the Stamford variety either.

I like Arsenal as a team, and they 'deserve' it jsut as much as any of the other big teams do. How can you say that one team doesn't deserve it as much as another? They're all up there, so they've obviously done enough so far. How you can say that they don't deserve to win it is beyond me.

I'm not a Chelsea fan (i'm a Birmingham fan) but I always like to see Chelsea do well. They're going through a rough patch at the moment, but hopefully they still have what it takes to win the title.

Arsenal to finish second :p

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Holy ****, what a result for Citeh.

I bet bridge is elated, and i'm not talking about the Stamford variety either.

I like Arsenal as a team, and they 'deserve' it jsut as much as any of the other big teams do. How can you say that one team doesn't deserve it as much as another? They're all up there, so they've obviously done enough so far. How you can say that they don't deserve to win it is beyond me.

I'm not a Chelsea fan (i'm a Birmingham fan) but I always like to see Chelsea do well. They're going through a rough patch at the moment, but hopefully they still have what it takes to win the title.

Arsenal to finish second :p

Because they always lose the big teams like Chelsea and Man United..
They are playing beautiful football but if they don't beat Manchester at least one time in a season they do not deserve to nothing except for 3rd place.

iRepMorons

Because they always lose the big teams like Chelsea and Man United..
They are playing beautiful football but if they don't beat Manchester at least one time in a season they do not deserve to nothing except for 3rd place.

So by this logic, if Manchester lose to Portsmouth twice in a season, they don't deserve any better than 20th place.

You're making absolutely no sense.

Who cares if they lose to the 'big' teams? At the end of the day, points don't lie. They wouldn't be where they are today, if they didn't win/draw the amount of games they have, so its clear to see that they do deserve to be there. They deserve to be there through performances like today. Losing 1-0, to come back and win 3-1 is astounding, especially against a stronger, bigger, rougher Stoke team.

If Chelsea don't win the leauge, then i'd love to see Arsenal win it. Anybody but Man Yoo to be honest.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Poor Portsmouth and their fans, they don't deserve this. The team got penalty reduction of 9 points. They probably will go down to the 2nd league even though they won the game against Burnley.