• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPP Football Thread - 2009-2010

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
So Messi tore us apart. I do think that Silvestre gave him 3 of his goals though. If we had Campbell or Gallas in defence it would have been a little bit different. Ah well, now we look to the Premier League title.

Glad to see Manchester United go down to Bayern Munich last night. Amazing goal from Robben to give Bayern the win.

I'm just worried about the Spurs game coming up. I'm really hoping Wenger tries Rosicky and Nasri in CM again as that is our most attacking formation in my opinion.

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
BASIC THOUGHTS:
Nani = Underused but talented player

Arjen Robben = Fantastic

Messi = Stop the arguing, Messi is hands down the best player in the world.

Very well done to Bayern last night, but then we have Sir Alex with his typical excuses. "The Germans got Raphael sent off", "It wasn't a corner" etc. when will he learn to admit that he lost?

O and why the hell did he play Rooney last night? He's probably done more damage to his ankle now.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Roonie actually did a good job. He made Bayern Munich's defense to be confused by chasing him until they just forgot from Gibson and Nani. In particular case, Ferguson may be wrong with Roony but if Manchester United was in the semi-final today, everyone would say that Alex is a genius. I agree, he should not complain to the referees. Robben's goal wasn't unstoppable but everyone just stood when he kicked the ball, when it was clear that he will kick it into the corner.

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
BASIC THOUGHTS:
Nani = Underused but talented player

Arjen Robben = Fantastic

Messi = Stop the arguing, Messi is hands down the best player in the world.

Very well done to Bayern last night, but then we have Sir Alex with his typical excuses. "The Germans got Raphael sent off", "It wasn't a corner" etc. when will he learn to admit that he lost?

O and why the hell did he play Rooney last night? He's probably done more damage to his ankle now.

I agree with everything you said. Alex also said "It wasn't a red card. Bayern's players just all ran to the referee making him give a red card, typical Germans."

Roonie actually did a good job. He made Bayern Munich's defense to be confused by chasing him until they just forgot from Gibson and Nani. In particular case, Ferguson may be wrong with Roony but if Manchester United was in the semi-final today, everyone would say that Alex is a genius. I agree, he should not complain to the referees. Robben's goal wasn't unstoppable but everyone just stood when he kicked the ball, when it was clear that he will kick it into the corner.

Rooney did a very good job, but he shouldn't have played. He's done more damage to his ankle now and that is not good at this stage of the season.

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
Roonie actually did a good job.

Apart from playing a 1-2 with D. Gibson, he didn't do THAT much. If you wanna congratulate some1, i thought A.Valencia did a great job with the first 2 goals and for the 1st time (that i've seen him) he looked like a half decent replacement for C.Ronaldo.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Saturday 10 April

Hull City 1-0 Burnley
West ham 0-1 Sunderland

Sunday 11 April

Wolves 1-2 Stoke City
Blackborn 0-3 Manchester United
Liverpool 1-0 Fulham
Manchester City 1-1 Birmingham City

Tuesday 13 April

Chelsea 4-0 Bolton

Wednesday 14 April

Aston Vila 2-1 Everton
Wigan 1-0 Portsmouth
Tottenham 2-3 Arsenal

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
I see UEFA has let Alex Ferguson off for his racist remark to Bayern Munich. When is anyone (UEFA, FIFA, EPL) going to stand up and give him his long overdue punishment.

Saturday April 10
Hull City 2-0 Burnley
West Ham United 1-1 Sunderland

BTW, ElectiCrow, I disagree about Valencia only being a half decent replacement for Ronaldo. He's just a different kind of player. It's like saying Blissey is better than Espeon.(This is a Pokémon forum after all)

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
BTW, ElectiCrow, I disagree about Valencia only being a half decent replacement for Ronaldo.

I meant more the ability to deliver crosses and set up goals, which was what Ronaldo used to do before his 42 goal season.

Burnley have beaten Hull 4-1. I still think both these teams will go down but hopefully Jimmy Bullard (Hull) will stay in the PL (Newcastle anyone?)

O and a big win for West Ham, 1-0 against Sunderland. Ilan has already done more than Mido has all his Middlesbrough/West Ham career.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It was Burnley's first away win in this season if I'm not mistaken, finaly. Well, Chelsea have beaten Aston Vila 3-0 in the cup semi-final, not a big suprise since they beat them 7-1 at Stamford Bridge not a long time ago. Now let's see if Pompey can win the game vs Tottenham and Harry Redknapp. And Messi had proved again yesterday that he's better than Ronaldo.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I am very surprised that Portsmouth have qualified to the cup final, despite all the troubles and they also won't be in the premier league next year, it's official now.
It's strange that the finals will be Chelsea against Portsmouth, the best team from the 1st position against the last. Very doubtful that they will win the cup, but at least they gave their fans some happy.

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
It would be a true "Cinderella" story tho if they won. I much prefer Chelsea over United, but i'll be pulling for Pompey next month.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It would be a true "Cinderella" story tho if they won. I much prefer Chelsea over United, but i'll be pulling for Pompey next month.

The cup has its own rules, you know the saying goes, they have a chance because we have seen surprises in the cup games.

I any case I'd be surprised if they win because Chelsea is much better. By the way if they will win the cup they will play next year in the Europa League?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think they can't participate there since they haven't money enough for this.

Saturday 17 April

Man City 1-2 Man United
Stoke City 2-0 Bolton
sunderland 1-0 Barnley
Blackborn 1-0 Everton
Fulham 3-1 Wolves
Birmingham City 2-3 Hull City
Tottenham 2-2 Chelsea

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Tottenham have actually took Liverpool's position in the Champions League next year with this victory. If they will keep the 4th position, of course. I can't see now even Man City taking this place although they have one game less. Anyway, Liverpool won't be probably in the CL next year. I think Tottenham's win was good news actually for Chlsea and not for Man United.

K-os

Bullet Punch
Tottenham have actually took Liverpool's position in the Champions League next year with this victory. If they will keep the 4th position, of course. I can't see now even Man City taking this place although they have one game less. Anyway, Liverpool won't be probably in the CL next year. I think Tottenham's win was good news actually for Chlsea and not for Man United.
If Arsenal had won they would've taken second place on the table (1 point over MU)

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!

Um i'm sorry? City are currently in 4th place are they not? Shame that Arsenal couldn't beat them though.