• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPP Football Thread - 2009-2010

Fenix

Tremulant

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
If Arsenal had won they would've taken second place on the table (1 point over MU)

Well I know that but this is still not enough because according how the things are going Chelsea will win the 1st place (they have more 2 home games), the 2nd or the 3rd place doesn't matter because both lead for the Champ League group stage.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Imagine how I felt after the final in Istanbul 5 years ago.

No thanks :p

I'd rather Chelsea just wrap up the title now, I'd rather them have it than Man Utd. Unless of course, Arsenal do the unthinkable, though if you lose to Tottenham you don't deserve the title.

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
Aresnal won't win the title but it'd be nice for someone OTHER than UTD to win it for the 1st time in like 4 years.

Anyone watchin the derby 2mora, i know i am :D

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Aresnal won't win the title but it'd be nice for someone OTHER than UTD to win it for the 1st time in like 4 years.

Anyone watchin the derby 2mora, i know i am :D

Arsenal don't deserve to win the title. They didn't won the games against Chelsea and Mancheter Unieted. And even vs the teams like Wolves they hardly won 1-0 in the last minute. Chelsea are the best team now when United can't even beat Blackborn, but they lost to Chelsea twice this year so in my opinion this is the main reason.

Saturday April 17
Birmingham City 2-1 Hull City
Blackburn Rovers 0-1 Everton
Fulham 1-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Stoke City 1-1 Bolton Wanderers
Sunderland 2-0 Burnley
Tottenham Hotspur 1-3 Chelsea

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
Arsenal don't deserve to win the title. They didn't won the games against Chelsea and Mancheter Unieted. And even vs the teams like Wolves they hardly won 1-0 in the last minute. Chelsea are the best team now when United can't even beat Blackborn, but they lost to Chelsea twice this year so in my opinion this is the main reason.

I was talking about Chelsea.

7 tyranitars

well I don't really care much about the english football competion living in the netherlands and having our own competition, but I do hope that chelsea will win the title since I always liked that club somehow :p

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
well I don't really care much about the english football competion living in the netherlands and having our own competition, but I do hope that chelsea will win the title since I always liked that club somehow :p

I've been watching a few games from the Eredivisie. You have there a great league with two teams that fighting on the title, Twente and Ajax. I personally prefer that Ajax will win the 1st place. Well Chelsea now lead on United by one point, so everything is open now between them.

CapitalX

I've been watching a few games from the Eredivisie. You have there a great league with two teams that fighting on the title, Twente and Ajax. I personally prefer that Ajax will win the 1st place. Well Chelsea now lead on United by one point, so everything is open now between them.

The eredivisie isn't that great really. The difference between the top and the rest is way to big and you wouldn't see that many suprises. I have to agree that the fight at the top is very nice and both of the teams can win their last game so I think twente will become the champion.

Chelsea I think will become the champion in Engeland but how many games are left to play?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
The eredivisie isn't that great really. The difference between the top and the rest is way to big and you wouldn't see that many suprises. I have to agree that the fight at the top is very nice and both of the teams can win their last game so I think twente will become the champion.

Chelsea I think will become the champion in Engeland but how many games are left to play?

Well Twente are in the 1st place but Ajax's goal different is much better.
If Twente will win the last game vs Breda they will win the championship so the league there is close to end. In the Premier League there are still 3 games to end the season. Chelsea needs to play home games vs Stoke and Wigan but they have an away game vs Liverpool.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Havent posted here for a loooooong time after horrible weeks that saw United slip out of the title.

This week, however, was the perfect week for Manchester United:D Spurs win against Arsenal and Chelsea and Scholesy's header threw the title race wide open! With back to back wins against Arsenal and Chelsea, Spurs will be coming here with a lot of confidence, but Manchester United can surely beat them and if they do, we will have a great chance of winning the title!

Also, more recently, Barcelona lost 3-1 against Inter:eek: I know, with the journey thanks to the volcanic ash and all that but still the result is pretty surprising. However, Inter still have to make the journey to the Nou Camp and it wont be easy there, thats for sure....

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I'm also pretty surprised that Inter beat Barcelona, but we could have been imagine it could happen and it still can happen in the second game, after the 0-0 that Barcelona got against Espanyol I thought they would lose. Barcelona's defense was not at its best, Dany Alves was the worst I think.

As for Manchester United win the title you shouldn't be so happy because I can't see it happening. As I said before Chelsea still have home games vs Stoke and Wigan.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
The Special One

I was not surprised at all with the Inter victory at all, after all Jose is the Special One and when it comes to tactics, he is pretty good at it and there are very few that can match up to him in that department.

At the return leg, the first thing Inter should prioritise is scoring a goal so they can cancel out the away goal Barcelona scored.

Lyon really made things tougher for themselves in the second leg without scoring against 10 men Bayern but it was always going to be a tough battle, sometimes playing against 10 men is harder than playing 11 but to be honest for me Ribery's challenge was hardly deserving of a red card especially as I thought it was just mistimed rather than malicious but thems the breaks.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
They were wrong. They had to hold the ball as long as Munich had only 10 players. Instead, they returned back and Bayern scored another great goal from Robben. Maybe in the second game Lyon will win and they might head up one stage to the finals, but Bayern Munich can definitely score at least one goal that even a 1-2 loss would make them to qualify to the final.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Looks like no more football matches for me this season, only managed six of them and only saw one win, but I did enjoy trips to Swindon, Shrewsbury and Fulham. Of those Fulham is obviously my favourite. It's a very quaint little place. Or it would be if the fans weren't shouting it down.

Speaking of Fulham, they have a great chance to reach the Europa League final. Who would've thunk it. Hamburg aren't in the best form and haven't often won away in the competition, not to mention Fulham's great home record thus far.

Incidentally, does anyone reckon it would be worth it to create a Football club on this forum?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I actually hope that Hamburg will win the Europa League cup. I want to see for the first time a team wins a cup in their home stadium. Fulham is a nice team from England but they are not good enough to win such a cup. Liverpool lost to Madrid but at Enfield I'm sure they will win and the final might be Hamburg vs Liverpool.

Incidentally, does anyone reckon it would be worth it to create a Football club on this forum?
What do you mean by that?

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I actually hope that Hamburg will win the Europa League cup. I want to see for the first time a team wins a cup in their home stadium. Fulham is a nice team from England but they are not good enough to win such a cup. Liverpool lost to Madrid but at Enfield I'm sure they will win and the final might be Hamburg vs Liverpool.

What do you mean by that?

Not good enough? Havent they proved enough? This is exactly why i want them to win the Europa League.

Saturday 24th April
Barclays Premier League

12:45 Man Utd 2-1 Tottenham
15:00 Bolton 1-1 Portsmouth
15:00 Hull 1-1 Sunderland
15:00 West Ham 1-1 Wigan
15:00 Wolverhampton 0-0 Blackburn
17:30 Arsenal 2-2 Man City

Sunday 25th April
Barclays Premier League

12:00 Aston Villa 2-1 Birmingham
15:00 Burnley 1-1 Liverpool
15:00 Everton 2-1 Fulham
16:00 Chelsea 1-1 Stoke

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Not good enough? Havent they proved enough? This is exactly why i want them to win the Europa League.
Because there are better teams. Liverpool and Madrid are from the Champions League. I believe this is also their first appearance in these stages. Hamburg are better in my opinion. Anyway, let's see them in the second game, I think they'll lose to Hamburg although it's a home game.

Saturday 24th April
Barclays Premier League

12:45 Man Utd 1-1 Tottenham
15:00 Bolton 1-0 Portsmouth
15:00 Hull 2-0 Sunderland
15:00 West Ham 0-1 Wigan
15:00 Wolverhampton 1-2 Blackburn
17:30 Arsenal 2-1 Man City

Sunday 25th April
Barclays Premier League

12:00 Aston Villa 1-0 Birmingham
15:00 Burnley 0-3 Liverpool