• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPP Football Thread - 2009-2010

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Above expectations

Because there are better teams. Liverpool and Madrid are from the Champions League.
Juventus were from the Champions League and we all know what happened to them.

Either way Fulham can be proud of themselves and if they do get to the final then it simply is just a bonus.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Juventus were from the Champions League and we all know what happened to them.

Either way Fulham can be proud of themselves and if they do get to the final then it simply is just a bonus.

This is the problem, it wasn't their goal at the beginning of the season.
Although they beat Juventus but Juve in a terrible season. The same for Liverpool and Atletico Madrid, who knows, maybe they will win the game against them too.

Like, in the Clubs section. Just an idea, might not be enough potential members to succeed though.

Also, surely the team that wins the tournament are the better team?

You can try but there are maybe 5-4 people interested in it. I don't think they talk so much there.

Saturday April 24
Bolton Wanderers 2-1 Portsmouth
Hull City 0-1 Sunderland
West Ham United 2-1 Wigan Athletic
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-1 Blackburn Rovers
Arsenal 1-2 Manchester City

Sunday April 25
Aston Villa 1-0 Birmingham City
Burnley 0-1 Liverpool
Everton 2-1 Fulham
Chelsea 3-1 Stoke City

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I guess I was wrong, Manchester United are in the top again after 3-1 win against Tottenham. Giggs scored two penalties, it turns out that despite the age he can still get to Manchester another Championship. All this of course limited because Chelsea did not play yet.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Awesome goal by Nani sent us to victory! Gareth Bale was seriously poor.

The pressure's on Chelsea now, however they should win their home game against Stoke, but trust me, you cannot predict anything in football or any sport for that matter.

Also, why does Berbatov slip so much?

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Watford safe :D Thank flip for that.

Massive kudos to Bournemouth too, under a transfer embargo all season and recovering from a season in which they only just survived, but today got promoted. Good stuff. Looking like a good League One next season.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Fulham has just as much chance as the rest

Although they beat Juventus but Juve in a terrible season. The same for Liverpool and Atletico Madrid, who knows, maybe they will win the game against them too.
Juventus might have had a poor season but so have Hamburg, Liverpool and Atletico Madrid by their standards, so you can't really use that as an excuse.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Fulham has just as much chance as the rest

Juventus might have had a poor season but so have Hamburg, Liverpool and Atletico Madrid by their standards, so you can't really use that as an excuse.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid

Hamburg are not supposed to compete on the championship in Germany or something, not even Atletico Madrid in Spain, perhaps only Liverpool in England. Liverpool are the most disappointing in this category, because they might not even be in the Champions League next year. Hamburg and Madrid are clubs that sometimes fail so it can be clear.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Fulham: The only overachiever in the Semis

Hamburg are not supposed to compete on the championship in Germany or something, not even Atletico Madrid in Spain, perhaps only Liverpool in England. Liverpool are the most disappointing in this category, because they might not even be in the Champions League next year. Hamburg and Madrid are clubs that sometimes fail so it can be clear.
No-one said that they were supposed to so I don't know where you got that from. Atletico had an extremely poor start to the season and are 10th in the league. This is a team that really should be in the European spots if not the Champions League spot and you don't think that's a poor season?

Liverpool were expected to be challenging for the title instead find themselves at risk of not even making the Europa League as thhey find themselves in 7th place. So much for the "guarantee" of a Champions League spot Rafa Benitez. Crashed out of the Champions League early and are competing in a competition which a club of their stature shouldn't really be competing in so that's a poor season by their standards.

Finally Hamburg are 7th and just lost 5-1 today and should really be in European spots with the squad they have but they've also underachieved somewhat.

Which one of these teams hasn't had a poor season? They are all capable of so much more.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
No-one said that they were supposed to so I don't know where you got that from. Atletico had an extremely poor start to the season and are 10th in the league. This is a team that really should be in the European spots if not the Champions League spot and you don't think that's a poor season?

Liverpool were expected to be challenging for the title instead find themselves at risk of not even making the Europa League as thhey find themselves in 7th place. So much for the "guarantee" of a Champions League spot Rafa Benitez. Crashed out of the Champions League early and are competing in a competition which a club of their stature shouldn't really be competing in so that's a poor season by their standards.

Finally Hamburg are 7th and just lost 5-1 today and should really be in European spots with the squad they have but they've also underachieved somewhat.

Which one of these teams hasn't had a poor season? They are all capable of so much more.

All what you said was true. They can win the cup equally like everyone else, and they have a home game.

For Premiere League, Chelsea have won 0-7, so I think they are the ones who will end with the championship. They are not going to give up, even not against Liverpool. United will have another lose of Chelsea to win this.

Tuesday April 27
Olympique Lyon 0-1 Bayern München

Wednesday April 28
FC Barcelona 2-0 Internazionale

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!
Bayern - Will very likely go through

Barca/Inter - Bit of a toss-up between those two but if Messi plays better than he did at the San Siro i like Barca to go through to the final.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Bayern Munich are in the Champions League final after 3-0 win over Lyon. Ivica Olic might be the player of the year? Strange, what happened to Bayern? They barely qualified from the group stage, and suddenly they can be the champions of Europe. Just awesome. As for the match today, I hope Barcelona will win at least 2-0 because I would like to see Bayern vs Barca, and Barca wins the cup again.

Fenix

Tremulant
Inter - Barca first half over... and I have to say that Inter has done an amazing job at keeping barca out of their penalty area so far.

Oh and that was one of the stupidest red cards I've seen lately. Seriously, what the hell was the referee thinking? He's going to get trashed after the game by Mourinho, and he deserves it.

EDIT:

[img139]http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/126/45683211.gif[/img139]
'Nuff said.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Yes, the 0-1 of Barcelona was not enough. Inter are in the Champions League final. Mourinho led Inter's game exceptionally, not only now but in the matches vs Chelsea and in the 3-1 win over Barcelona at San Siro.
Apparently Barcelona will settle the championship in Spain. (or Real Madrid will take it)

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
The final hurdle

Truly an underdogs story and quite a lot of people I know are rooting for Fulham to win the whole competition and I cannot really blame them as the have been quite impressive in their route to the finals with the teams they have faced.

They must be feeling like they can go all the way especially with Atletico's record in Europe this season (2 wins in 14 excluding qualifiers) but the final match is a different situation as anything could happen.

I do hope Fulham win this as they've already proved they are the best Europa league team and quite frankly I would have given them more chance against Atletico than they would have had against Liverpool. Also I'm more interested in the result of this match than I am of the Champions League finals.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Gotta love Fulham. Don't know why, it just seems everyone does. I don't think you'll see as much nationwide backing for any team as Fulham will get in the final.

I went to the Cottage earlier in the season to see Notts County get tubbed 4-0, and suddenly it doesn't seem like such a bad result. No shame in going out of the cup to the Europa League finalists/winners.

I'm sorta glad it's Atletico as the opposition. For one, their history is less illustrious than Liverpool and if Fulham end up not winning, at least it's going to a club who haven't won as much.

But the other reason is that I reckon Fulham have a better chance against Atletico than Liverpool. It's because Atletico are so hit and miss this season, more miss than hit.

On the one hand, to get to the final, Atletico have actually only won four matches including the Champions League. Two of those were in the very first qualifying stage against Panathinaikos. The others were at Galatasaray, and the home leg against Liverpool.

But on the other hand, despite their turbulent season, they have still reached the final. They've also reached the Copa Del Rey final, and they're the only club to have defeat Barcelona in La Liga this season thus far.

However all this means nothing. No matter how well or badly teams seem to do in the Europa League, Fulham have found a way to best them all thus far (excluding Roma). It's set to be a cracking game.

As for the Champions League, whod've thought Bayern would reach the final? They've improved quite dramatically over the season. They were 1-0 down at Juventus and on their way out at the group stage, before winning 4-1. Now they're in the final as well as improving domestically. But Inter are the party poopers of the tournament so far, and maybe they'll get some long awaited success.

I laugh at the Manchester United fans that said 'pah, easy route to the final against Barcelona'. Then the final ends up being Bayern vs. Inter.

Incidentally, Bayern Munich, a German team, are playing their European final in Spain, whereas Atletico Madrid, a Spanish team, are playing their European final in Germany. Weird.

This weekend is bound to produce some good stuff domestically in the Premier League. All eyes are on Liverpool. Now that they're out, will they push for fourth to save their season? Or will their moral be shot, allowing Chelsea to win and take the title from their enemies Man Utd?

Also, is anyone counting on Sunderland taking points from Man Utd? They've done it at Old Trafford already, after all...

Biggest three games of the weekend however are taking place in the Championship. Blackpool host Bristol City to attempt to take a remarkable playoff place, with Swansea hosting Doncaster in a bid to stop them. Then you have Sheff Wed vs. Crystal Palace in a real winner takes all game to avoid relegation to League One. It's much like Sheff Utd vs. Wigan in the Premier League a few years back. Tense times for both fans I would imagine.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I do hope Fulham win this as they've already proved they are the best Europa league team and quite frankly I would have given them more chance against Atletico than they would have had against Liverpool. Also I'm more interested in the result of this match than I am of the Champions League finals.

I agree. If I have to choose between Atletico and Fulham to win the Europa League, I'd choose Fulham since they were in the group stage and Madrid in the C.L's groups. Too bad that Liverpool lost their Europa League semi-final vs Atletico Madrid. 2-0 should have been enough, but a mistake in the defense just ruined everything.