• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Official SPP Football Thread - 2009-2010

Mayziken

Advanceshipping<3
Hey, you forgot my points. Well, Chelsea definitely deserve the title after they beat twice this season Manchester United. There was no way they lose to Wigan, Although it happened in the past but this time they scored eight goals!
OK, now we'll see who wins the cup.

hmm.... I can't remember you entering the Table prediction and I can't find your table.... your first post in this thread that I can find is from 27th February 2010.
Show me a post with tha table and that it was posted and/or edited before the first PL game of this season was played and I can do points for you also :)

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Do not forget that if they were not scoring the second goal, it is likely that Manchester United weren't able to score a goal (the 1st goal was when Chelsea led 2-0) , to score and make it 1-1.

That's probably not true. However what is true is that Man Utd's goal was handball anyway (which nobody seems to pay attention to) and so it 'balanced it out', so to speak.

Only fourteen games of the English season left. I'm thinking of attending Millwall vs. Huddersfield. This of course after Leeds finally return to the Championship. Next year's Championship will be a good season I think. None of the sides coming down from the Premier League are in any good position to return, financially in the case of Hull and Portsmouth, and as for Burnley, well who knows how well they'll do. You also have the likes of Norwich and Leeds coming up from League One, along with very tough teams like Millwall or Charlton. Not to mention teams like Middlesbrough, Reading, Sheff Utd and Bristol City, plus the losers from the playoffs.

Speaking of the playoffs, the Championship ones are most certainly interesting. Nottm Forest against Blackpool tonight, should be good.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
hmm.... I can't remember you entering the Table prediction and I can't find your table.... your first post in this thread that I can find is from 27th February 2010.
Show me a post with tha table and that it was posted and/or edited before the first PL game of this season was played and I can do points for you also :)

I have many posts, I can't remember we've had a table for that, so I'll give up.
As for the Championship, Nottingham Forest must to win the game today vs Blackpool. A victory, and the game between Cardiff City and Leicester may be meaningless? Or there are other games later?

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
All i can say is that i feel really sorry for Fulham. Its almost like all their hard work was wasted. I think they're gonna be determined as ever and try to qualify for the Europa League next season. And who knows? Even with the likes of Tottenham, Man City, Aston Villa, Liverpool and Everton, they can make it. Its not impossible. Maybe at the expense of Liverpool!:eek:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Two things I'm pretty disappointed;

1. Fulham lost ti Atletico Madrid. They were also better in my opinion in the game.
2. Portsmouth lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup final. If they (Portsmouth) had not missed the penalty, they would've won the cup. It was a sad ending - Chelsea won the double.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Two things I'm pretty disappointed;

1. Fulham lost ti Atletico Madrid. They were also better in my opinion in the game.
2. Portsmouth lost to Chelsea in the FA Cup final. If they (Portsmouth) had not missed the penalty, they would've won the cup. It was a sad ending - Chelsea won the double.

I second this. Although i think Atletico were better during the end.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Don't believe it. I was going to get a ticket for Dagenham vs. Morecambe but the website wouldn't accept my card for payment. As I speak Dagenham are winning 6-0 :O But on the other hand, that probably only happened because I didn't go.

Also currently Inter are going to pip Roma to first, and Sampdoria will beat Palermo to fourth. Wonder if that'll change second half...

EDIT: That is indeed the way it finishes.

Incidentally, this now gives the Champions League final massive spice. Both Bayern and Inter have done the double and are looking for the treble, but only one can get it...

And now for the Spanish league. The title, and all three relegation places, are still to be decided...

Last edited:

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Don't believe it. I was going to get a ticket for Dagenham vs. Morecambe but the website wouldn't accept my card for payment. As I speak Dagenham are winning 6-0 :O But on the other hand, that probably only happened because I didn't go.

Also currently Inter are going to pip Roma to first, and Sampdoria will beat Palermo to fourth. Wonder if that'll change second half...

EDIT: That is indeed the way it finishes.

Incidentally, this now gives the Champions League final massive spice. Both Bayern and Inter have done the double and are looking for the treble, but only one can get it...

And now for the Spanish league. The title, and all three relegation places, are still to be decided...

The Champions League final has a LOT at stake. Not only will it decide the Champions League winner, it decides who wins the treble AND the number of Champions League spots available for Germany and Italy! A lot is at stake and i honestly, cannot see a winner in the final. Should be a hell of a match, thats for sure. And expect riots, specially from the Italians if they lose(not to be stereotypical, but this has happened countless times)

And the winner of the Primera! I fancy Barcelona. The Spanish League is going to be decided in a similar fashion to the Prem. Both Barca and Chelsea had potentially fatal clashes against Sevilla and Liverpool(both away) and after they won it, they both went/are going out to the final day with a one point lead only but with a relatively easy game at home(with all due respect to Wigan and Valladolid). And like Chelsea, i fancy Barcelona to win the Spanish League in style, maybe even a rout like Chelsea even!

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Annnnd Barcelona win.

It's gotten to that stage of the season where you have to scrounge around for continental football anywhere. Thank God the World Cup's soon.

God I don't follow football as closely as I should. -.-

Yes Inter still at the top of Serie A, too much strongth even without Ibrahimovic. loling at Juventus 7th (my friends supports them which makes this so much better). Also backing Inter to bring home the Champion's League, they fucking deserve it.

Guess who I support. :3

Also backing Germany to take home the World Cup like they should've last time.

Last edited:

Icup

God I don't follow football as closely as I should. -.-

Yes Inter still at the top of Serie A, too much strongth even without Ibrahimovic. loling at Juventus 7th (my friends supports them which makes this so much better). Also backing Inter to bring home the Champion's League, they fucking deserve it.

Guess who I support. :3

Also backing Germany to take home the World Cup like they should've last time.

Inter this year have been absolutely AMAZING! Under Mourinho I've ended up being in love with Inter despite being a diehard Juve fan and a Milan fan! I want them to win...they have been awesome, Sneijder was absolutely astounding Eto'o as well even though he wasn't the goal scoring machine as many people expected him to be he contributed greatly to his team.

As for Juventus...it was truly painful watching them play this season, early on I had some hopes for them but as the season went on...it hurt seeing them play. Under Agnelli I think\hope that Juve will see their glory days once more. I see them being a superpower once more within 2-3 years.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Juventus seem to have had as bad if not worse a season as Liverpool, both seasoned Champions League veterans who dropped into the Europa League, got knocked out, crashed out of their domestic cup and finished seventh in the league, to have recent resurgent teams (Tottenham, Sampdoria) replace them in the Champions League whilst they're stuck in the Europa League third qualifying round. For shame. I reckon they'll both be back before we know it, though.

Also, Oxford were promoted, wouldn't mind going to a few of their games next season.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It's not surprising Barcelona won the title. They've defeated twice this year Real Madrid, they deserve it.
I actually think that Zlatan Ibrahimović did a good job. they're probably not so pleased with him, so they brought David Villa? A bad idea. If they want anything new, they'd leave them both together.

I'm betting on Inter in the Champions League's final. Bayern Munich are not good enough to take the Cup, Inter are much better.

And Ballack is out of the World Cup (ankle ligament damage). Think about it. Ghana - Boateng - Germany?

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Its horrible, horrible news that Ballack is out of the World Cup, specially for a Germany fan. Out of all the players in the World Cup, he was the one to get injured:(

Oh damn it, why did Chelsea have to win the Premier League ffs. D:

Also yeah Ballack injured is probably the worst news to hear at this stage...
I actually think that Zlatan Ibrahimović did a good job. they're probably not so pleased with him, so they brought David Villa? A bad idea. If they want anything new, they'd leave them both together.
Or, you know, give Zlatan back to Inter where he belongs.

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
Hey everyone, been inactive lately because of exams. It's going to stay that way for at least a week as well.

Inter and Barcelona for the title, no question about it. I'm glad they both won it and they deserved it. Sneijder is one of my favourite players and he has been phenomenal this year. With Barcelona, it's Barcelona. 'Nuff said :p

I'm glad Chelsea won it instead of Manchester United though. Man U don't get that record of 4 in a row and 19 titles haha. I'm so surprised at what happened in the FA Cup final too though. So much random stuff.

Ballack injured, not good for Germany. But Schweinsteiger will step up.

Have you seen the new Inter kit by the way? It's AMAZING! I'm getting one with Sneijder on the back for sure.

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/inter-away-kit-201011_7197

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Zlatan to Manchester United! I mean he would fit us, but seriously, we dont need ANOTHER flop. Plus he plays(and looks) exactly like Berbatov!

Oh snap Yani that is one sexy kit. Me likey. Might have to be tempted to buy it and get Zlatan on the back for old time's sake. ;D
But Schweinsteiger will step up.
QFT, Schweinsteiger is the man. Favourite German player without question.
I'm glad Chelsea won it instead of Manchester United though. Man U don't get that record of 4 in a row and 19 titles haha.
Chelsea can suck my dick as far as I care.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Chelsea can suck my dick as far as I care.

Took those words right out of my mouth!

And also, Barcelona are closing in on David Villa and Cesc Fabregas. With Cesc and Gallas gone(that is if fabregas leaves, gallas is sure to go cos of breakups with the squad) Arsenal are in for yet ANOTHER trophyless season.....and they might face some serious competition from Spurs and Man City...

I really hope they dont get Villa, but it looks likely...

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
QFT, Schweinsteiger is the man. Favourite German player without question.
He was great but he wasn't that great. I'm not sure who's the favorite german player for this year, because Bayern's Squad mainly based on Robben, Ribery and Olic, who are not from Germany.
Zlatan to Manchester United! I mean he would fit us, but seriously, we dont need ANOTHER flop. Plus he plays(and looks) exactly like Berbatov!

Yes he does fit the team, the question is whether Manchester United will buy him from Barcelona or not, he is pretty expensive.