1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Official SPPf Alternate TCG Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Alternate TCG Discussion' started by ancientkuriboh, Jul 1, 2008.

1. ancientkuriboh

ancientkuriboh New Member

Me and my bro are confused about two things and it always ruins the duel experience.
    1. Can trap hole be used when guys are attacking you, or is it just for summons.
    2.Does tribute summons count as a normal summon? Weboth have alot of cards that deal wityh this and we both argue about if tribute summons are normal summons to.
    PS i now realize i spelt yugioh wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2008
  2. Midnite

Midnite *Out of Titles*

1. Only when the monster is summoned.
    2. Yes, it counts as normal summon as well.

3. ~Sirnight~

~Sirnight~ Come along, dear

1. Trap Hole says that it can be activated when a monster is summoned. Only then you can use it. If you want to stop an attack, I suggest getting a Mirror Force or something.

2. Tribute Summons are Normal Summons. Keep in mind though that in the upcoming months, they are changing some of the terminology and "Tribute Summon" will be turned into "Advance Summon".

4. ancientkuriboh

ancientkuriboh New Member

Thanks for the help ill keep this thread going i case me or anyone else has questions about yugioh

5. Azure Kite

Azure Kite Member

and where did you find that out?

6. Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior Well-Known Member

When the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's starter deck comes out on the 5th of August, they are swapping some rules around....
    The Fusion deck is now the 'Extra Deck' (contains fusions and synchros) and has a maximum of 15 cards.
    The Side deck now has a MAXIMUM of 15 cards
    'Tribute Summon' is now called 'Advance Summon'
    and 'Tribute' is now 'Release'.

It's been known for months.

7. ~Sirnight~

~Sirnight~ Come along, dear

Actually, because of the recent translations of Stadust Dragon and Red Dragon Archfiend, it may be possible that "Tribute" and "Tribute Summon" will stay as they are. However, I do believe that "Extra Decl" will become reality because of the Synchros combining with the Fusions.

8. Raito

Raito HADOUKEN!

sticking and changing title.

9. Freya

Freya Noam Chompsky

I dont suppose a Synchro Summon is considered a Special Summon is it?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  10. Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

A Synchro Summon is a special summon.

2 Questions about Synchros:
    1) Can you special summon a synchro from the graveyard using cards like Monster Reborn if the monster was synchro summoned before?
    2) Can you use tokens in a synchro summon? (ie Junk Synchron and 2 Sheep Tokens for Junk Warrior)

11. Freya

Freya Noam Chompsky

As far as question 2 goes, I suppose you could because it requires 2 Non-Tuner monsters, which woudl include tokens I would imagine, you are on your own with the first question because Im honestly not sure, but it would make sense that Reborn or Call could bring back a Synchro.

12. Munchy.42

Munchy.42 Well-Known Member

It just so happens, that I was reading about Syncrho rules, while reading this thread xD

13. Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Okay thanks a lot!

14. Chaos Wolf

Chaos Wolf The classic

If I activate the effect of Red-Eyes B. Chick, does the special summoning of Red Eyes cause it to be Main Phase 2?

15. Raiburuto

Raiburuto ~Grammar Nazi

If you activate Red-Eyes B. Chick's effect in Main Phase 1, and summon Red-Eyes B. Dragon, it'll still be Main Phase 1.

16. Chaos Wolf

Chaos Wolf The classic

Can his effect take effect on the main phase 1 that he is summoned?

17. Raiburuto

Raiburuto ~Grammar Nazi

You can activate Red-Eyes' effect on the turn it's summoned.

18. Parasite

Parasite ブラック☆スタ

Some questions,

Which is better, frogs or toons?

Is hade hane a good card?

19. Parasite

Parasite ブラック☆スタ

Some questions,

Which is better, frogs or toons?

Is hade hane a good card?

20. Munchy.42

Munchy.42 Well-Known Member